IGNORED

Josh & Anna celebrating Valentine's Day at...

0 kids n not countin

As per Anna's Twitter account. He can't do better than fast food for Valentine's Day? :roll:

Celebrating Valentines Day at Chick-fil-a!

9b3a925c95a711e3ac3512b9a4187780_6.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That salad looks nasty (and I love salad).

Still, at least he did SOMETHING for her, however lame... I bet Ken/Holy Hand Grenade won't even take their concubines wives out for McDonald's on V-Day.

Before I opened the thread, I said, "I'm going to guess Chick-Fil-A." Lo and behold . . .

+1

Eh, as long as they were both happy, I can't really snark. As I get older, I found I'm happier with things that are low-key and casual. My friends pick expensive, 4-star restaurants for their b-day meals. I ask to go out for pizza. LOL

But - I am truly happy with pizza. If Anna really wants something a little more special, then I think she deserves to get it.

I have a friend who takes his live in girlfriend every Valentine's Day to White Castle. The White Castle they go to is so popular on this day you have to make reservations. It's decorated and I guess is really special. They both love White Castle and this has been their tradition for years.

He probably had a coupon for it. (No I am not knocking using coupons, but the FRC probably had a bunch of them).

We don't know if she likes Chick-fil-a or not... :\

I'd rather go over the border and get Olive Garden than eat at a lot of the really nice restaurants around Toronto and Niagara. It doesn't make my BF cheap just because I have bad taste.

Eh ... I agree that Josh isn't exactly the king of romance, but the gendered gift-giving expectations for Valentine's day are absolutely ridiculous. For all we know, Anna actually *IS* happy with her wilted lettuce. I'm giving him a pass on this one.

Eh, as long as they were both happy, I can't really snark. As I get older, I found I'm happier with things that are low-key and casual. My friends pick expensive, 4-star restaurants for their b-day meals. I ask to go out for pizza. LOL

But - I am truly happy with pizza. If Anna really wants something a little more special, then I think she deserves to get it.

Point taken, but he's, what, 25? He's not "older." If any other 25 year old guy took their girlfriend/fiancee/wife to CFA for Valentine's Day, he'd soon be single.

It's not the cheapness I want to snark on. I just have a vision of Josh thinking that CFA is the ultimate Valentine's Day destination because it's so romantic to support anti-gay marriage businesses.

Point taken, but he's, what, 25? He's not "older." If any other 25 year old guy took their girlfriend/fiancee/wife to CFA for Valentine's Day, he'd soon be single.

Uh, that's completely untrue... not every young woman demands or desires some kind of elaborate, expensive celebration for Valentine's day.

As for CFA, of course that's where they went. Gotta keep supporting the traditional family values or whatever. They're completely obsessed with this chain now because of whatever happened re: the gay marriage thing. They would think it was romantic to celebrate Valentine's Day at an establishment which stands for 'traditional marriage'.

This. Honestly, my boyfriend asked me where I wanted to go for supper....I said forget it and we ordered pizza.

A dinner out doesn't have to be fancy to be enjoyed with the person you love. If that's what Anna (and josh too, btw as its a night for couples, not just her) wants, then I hope they enjoy their night out. I wonder which jslave got stuck with the mkids.

I have a friend who takes his live in girlfriend every Valentine's Day to White Castle. The White Castle they go to is so popular on this day you have to make reservations. It's decorated and I guess is really special. They both love White Castle and this has been their tradition for years.

I can understand White Castle way more than Chik-Fil-A for Valentines's Day.

Nothing says "I Love You" quite like patronizing a business that wishes to deny people the right to get married <3

Here is where I need to enter the prayer closet and confess to a personal weakness of spirit. I happen to live in the same vicinity as Truett Cathy, so avoiding Chick-fil-A is nearly impossible. In Georgia, they're almost as common as Mickey D's. You grow up on it. So although I consider myself a fervent ally, I cannot deny that chicken fried in the batter of homophobia is absolutely delicious. But you know, they do say the dark side has cookies. :?

Uh, that's completely untrue... not every young woman demands or desires some kind of elaborate, expensive celebration for Valentine's day.

As for CFA, of course that's where they went. Gotta keep supporting the traditional family values or whatever. They're completely obsessed with this chain now because of whatever happened re: the gay marriage thing. They would think it was romantic to celebrate Valentine's Day at an establishment which stands for 'traditional marriage'.

I'm not saying it has to be elaborate or expensive. Just don't make it a restaurant with disposable cutlery.

I'm not saying it has to be elaborate or expensive. Just don't make it a restaurant with disposable cutlery.

If both people want to go to the restaurant with disposable cutlery and are happy with that, what's the problem?

Guys, come on. I hate the Duggars more than most, but my first assumption was the went to CFA with the kids for lunch. CFA makes it "special" for V-day and kids love it. I'm pretty sure it was a family (not romantic) lunch.

Eta: did anyone see their most recent pic? The braces worked great! Her teeth look nice and the one that was rotated weirdly before is in alignment.

Archived