IGNORED

Happy Valentines Day Arndt Manboys

truthteller

326e680087733b8cf97c95e9615073a28c2af3a42b133150733f7bb7f22c72b8.jpg

Other men their age are dating, building a life, being independent and free. Our favorite manboys are cloistered together in a cabin in Maine, filming the epic Vine Valley. I'm sure it'll be well worth it. :roll:

I wonder what swell stuff Rick and Cathy might want to do on this special occasion... "How about let's visit another lighthouse???!!!!!!!!"

I wonder, as they sit stuck inside a cabin in Maine, if it might occur to any of them....WHY THE HELL AM IN THIS DAMN CABIN IN MAINE?????!!!! :angry-banghead: I doubt it though, too much brainwashing.

Here is a video from 2008. THis woman named Jaqueline Shire interviews Rick and it's interesting... we get to hear Rick ramble and stutter on when asked why he has so many adult virgin sons living at home....

CHECK IT OUT

http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/1424?in=07:51&out=14:06

The Arndts are my very, most favorite kind of special. This video is a Happy V-Day to ME.

Papa Arndt's eyes are a swirling vortex of crazy. The one that must remain in a perpetual squint of superiority only emphasizes the glowering, rolling power of ol' lefty there. The interview is great.

She: "Why have your sons remained in your home?"

He: "Well, well, yessss, Cathy and I -my wife Cathy- and I love old diaries. We read them, and we just went to a Civil War battlefield the other day."

She: "Okay, but how is it that your sons have chosen this path for themselves? You say that none of them have had premarital relations?"

He: "Right! Basically, it's a lot of reasons. God made this awesomeness... you know, it's just another way to honor women. And I truly believe that Jesus washes us whiter than snow. But after Mary Elizabeth was born we have really had a lot of contact from the media."

She: "I'm just really interested in how many sons you have over the age of 18? Can you say something..."

He: "Right, well, basically we built this house out here as a family. Family labor. They have a working suite, basically a loft apartment up there with their computer. It's the concept of delayed gratification."

I paraphrase, but yeah. I wish she would re-interview him now. SIX YEARS LATER and he is still 14 for 14 with the "kids" at home.

...Papa Arndt's eyes are a swirling vortex of crazy...

WOW, you're not kidding!! Around the 08:30 to 08:35 mark, was he going to spout off with "I feel the change coming!!" or was he just trying to wake up?

I'm guessing one of the manboys was probably filming this whole interview with Rick. It looks like Rick was pretty uncomfortable talking about his docile sons never dating or leaving home. Must have been a really awkward feeling in the room.

I only got about a quarter of the way through, but I did enjoy Papa Arndt's emphasis on delayed gratification -- I think I now know more about his and Kathy's private time than I really needed to, though… :lol:

Man o man, why can't the Arndt Manboys go to Starbucks with the Seven Farmgirl Sisters?

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/third-annual-a-valentines-outing/

I think the Farmgirls would appreciate the Arndt penguins.

Man o man, why can't the Arndt Manboys go to Starbucks with the Seven Farmgirl Sisters?

The Seven Sisters' postings always make me smile, they sure are weird, but they seem to have a lot of fun with each other. Not a bad match at all!

Haven't had a chance to check out the video yet, but aside from the possibility that one of the manboys being right there and filming, I would like to bet this isn't the first time he's been questioned about all his adult kids at home. Or maybe other members of the family have been questioned so they might be aware that people are wondering about what the deal is with that.

one of them wants to work with a midwife, interesting

Oh, my -- those are some Arndt-y answers.

I think Papa Arndt's facial expressions need some captioning.

Here's a template, if anyone wants to have a go:

VEL7AXC.jpg

And a few tries from me:

HmTGdJC.jpg

LSCuXpS.jpg

9VUYDr6.jpg

He has some crazy eyes. I'm sure it is uncomfortable to discuss your many adult sons and their total lack of a sex life, but this is what happens when you create a family where nobody feels like they can leave.

In the video, Rick rambles on about the advantages of home schooling and that the holiday is an educational field trip. Hmmm, seems to me that the trip is all about filming Vine Valley for him and visiting large phallic erections on the coast for Cath.

The poor manboys:

John manboy wrote:

We came across this lobster trap Christmas tree near Nubble the other day.

20140209_145833.jpg

Cath wrote:

I believe it was a Valentine Tree, John – don’t you think?

:penguin-no:

4 I think, Mary-Elizabeth and the 3 youngest boys. The oldest 10 are all 18 and over, so I assume they are done homeschooling.

10 adult sons living at home - how can Cathy and Rick possibly think this is okay?

4 I think, Mary-Elizabeth and the 3 youngest boys. The oldest 10 are all 18 and over, so I assume they are done homeschooling.

10 adult sons living at home - how can Cathy and Rick possibly think this is okay?

Especially when you consider that interview with Rick was conducted a number of years ago. So the four oldest have their own "suite" where they have their own "lifestyle" :shifty: but what about the next four oldest who are now in their mid to late 20's? The attic probably isn't big enough for eight men. Is the next set of sons still in the rooms with the bunkbeds and the stars and moon bedding and curtains?

This is one of the many reasons why I don't believe the Arndt brothers are all living in perfect harmony. There have to be resentments, even if they are simmering below the surface. Being the primary breadwinners - and the ones who probably contributed the most to the building of the house - the oldest four seem to be favored by Rick in particular. They have their own floor in the house and more freedom to travel. Being the only daughter probably has it's perks for Mary as well. I find it hard to believe the other six adult sons are happy with their lot. They'll never get up to the attic if the 30-somethings don't move on.

You want to know what's really messed up? Unless somethings changed recently, the only boys who own a vehicle to drive are Paul, John , Mark and Luke. After Luke, none of them own a car, so they are literally trapped. What does a car cost? $1000 down and $500 a month for the note, gas and insurance. They're so broke they can't even manage that?!! It's just sad when a 27 year old man is sleeping on a bunk bed and has no car to drive.

Paul often posts old pictures on facebook of himself and the next few brothers. The parents are in their late 20s in those pictures. Surely it crosses Paul's mind once in a while that by the time his parents were his age, they already had 4-5 kids and were adults in every sense of the word? Does this not bother them?

I always had the feeling that James could make it out on his own. He seems very handy and practical, and he's one of the few older manboys who doesn't post regularly on their creepy update page. Plus he's arguably the best looking.

Daddy A makes Mommy seem perfectly normal. Could his facial expressions and eye movements be any stranger? Plus, it's obvious where the "boys" get that odd singsongy cadence from--they sound exactly like him. I'm starting to think he's a cult leader on the order of Stevehovah, just with different interests and hangups.

Archived