IGNORED

Lina did convert to Catholic

fundiefun

I did a search for lina and came across her post on a giveaway and found her conversion blog from protestant, faux jew, to catholic. I'm glad she got her head on straight and I hope she and her family have found happiness. I don't want to post it here to get an influx of traffic but go to google search paulina dodd and the 6th result and in the comments click her name and her blog will appear.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was through studying the Hebrew Roots of Christianity that I was led to a new group. This group, which called itself "Torah Observant followers of Yeshua," made the claim that because our Lord kept His Father's commandments, including those found in the Old Testament Law, then believers in him ought to do the same. This was true discipleship, and true faith. Most of these fringe groups were extremely arrogant and hostile towards Christians, simply because they did not keep all of the Torah commandments. Some groups even went so far as to require all of their followers to use only the Lord's Hebrew name (which no one can agree on, by the way).

I did not realize it at the time, but I had become involved in yet another cult. The people whom I befriended and listened to were extreme fundamentalists, some of whom believed in an impending apocalypse, which led them to flee the country. It is sad to note that the children of most of these families have left faith in God entirely as a result of being raised in such an environment of fear and legalism. - Meaning the dixons

During my short time in this cult, I met a woman through an online group whose son was interested in converting to Judaism. Through our conversations, she kindly chastised me for listening to these radical leaders, who had a very limited knowledge of the Torah, being Gentiles without any education in Judaism. Then, she guided me to a few well-known Jewish learning sites, where I might begin learning about the Torah and the Jewish faith through the Jewish people themselves.

Pretty please don't use "DOT." You had already broken the link by removing the http://www.

breadthatsatisfies.blogspot.com

From one crazy train to the next...and you won't convince me for a minute that she won't take this to the craziest, most extreme level possible. Move over Abigail, you've got company. :roll:

I wonder how a New Atheist and a Catholic convert blogger (from what I've seen of Catholic convert blogger they are pretty hardcore Catholic) are gonna make it work. I can't see either one being tolerant of the other for long.

From one crazy train to the next...and you won't convince me for a minute that she won't take this to the craziest, most extreme level possible. Move over Abigail, you've got company. :roll:

She does seem to like extreme religions. Once she tires of Catholocism, what's next?

She picks up certain lingo easily and "feels" it. Another year and she'll be restless? I'll be generous and say maybe a year or two after her confirmation and first communion?

^I was going to say next stop is probably Eastern Orthodoxy, she'll love our dietary restrictions and prayer rules. :roll:

I'm putting my hands over my ears, lalalalalalala can't hear you....

There is nothing like a zealous new catechumen who loves to tell us all how wrong we're doing it, is there? :snooty:

^I was going to say next stop is probably Eastern Orthodoxy, she'll love our dietary restrictions and prayer rules. :roll:

Before we get there, can we please [NOT] let her try out Abigail's Catholic ideas on poverty, NFP and abstinence? Bad, bad joke. :? No, actually, I wouldn't wish that on her child. Because Lina strikes me as someone who takes every religions' rules to the extreme, without regard for safety and reason. I do rather worry that she'll turn into some of the posters on "fisheaters" or another "traditional Catholic" forum next. :?

I'm putting my hands over my ears, lalalalalalala can't hear you....

There is nothing like a zealous new catechumen who loves to tell us all how wrong we're doing it, is there? :snooty:

Oh the converts. How we love them. :roll: They chill out over time (usually).

Oh the converts. How we love them. :roll: They chill out over time (usually).

I am one, but I'm 16 years in. I look back at our first 3-5 years and cringe, and thank God our fellow parishoners had the patience of saints. :embarrassed:

There are SO many religions in the world. Maybe she will just try as many as she can. She seems to be searching for a place to belong. So she wanted to get married and have a kid. Now she has that...and realizes there is more to life. I wonder what her family thinks of all this flip flopping she's been doing since her mid teens.

I can see her falling in love with Greek Orthodoxy. She's all into original and going back to the beginning and the formal worship and that would give her all the incense she could with to have. I feel for the parishioners she'll be joining.

She specifically mentions the Catholic Church's opposition to birth control as being a major selling point for her, so yeah, she's not going to avoid the NFP wackiness entirely. Hopefully TT is still using it.

I wonder who the teenage girl cult leader online she mentions was. I also wonder what TT asked of her that made her leave him temporarily.

She specifically mentions the Catholic Church's opposition to birth control as being a major selling point for her, so yeah, she's not going to avoid the NFP wackiness entirely. Hopefully TT is still using it.

I wonder who the teenage girl cult leader online she mentions was. I also wonder what TT asked of her that made her leave him temporarily.

I thought she was pregnant, or did she just have a baby board on pinterest?

Do you think it was Jocelyn Dixon?? Lina use to follow her blog faithfully. Jocelyn is how I found Lina in the first place.

Do you think it was Jocelyn Dixon?? Lina use to follow her blog faithfully. Jocelyn is how I found Lina in the first place.

Could be. She also mentions that the "cult leader" is now an atheist - does that fit Jocelyn?

Could be. She also mentions that the "cult leader" is now an atheist - does that fit Jocelyn?

It's Jocelyn because she is now an atheist with a whole other host of train wreck issues. Jocelyn had such a big influence on the blog community which now that I look at it is insane how easily she was able to get people to listen to her many people who were older than her would pine for her acceptance.

Archived