IGNORED

Erin & Chad went to the park. (yawn)

Justme

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% of sexually active women, not pregnancies maybe? Just guessing.I could see where most would not know. Too early, failed to properly implant/grow.

Sorry, my formulation was not very clear: My doctor meant that nearly or all women had a miscarriage at one point. For most it´s the first pregnancy - and as I said, most won´t realize it. But as far as I know there are no datas to prove it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that sex automatically = babies within a short time frame, but rather that if there is a lapse in time between marriage and first baby, it's NOT because they 'decided to wait'.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that sex automatically = babies within a short time frame, but rather that if there is a lapse in time between marriage and first baby, it's NOT because they 'decided to wait'.

Agreed, there is no way I believe they are using birth control (certainly no kind which requires a doctor's appointment, and I think fundie men feel much too entitled to ever use a condom). Any "waiting" is if they postpone sex for awhile, or Erin decides she really hates it and keeps giving the headache excuse. Now I feel really weird postulating this much about two strangers' sex lives...

The postponing sex bit is the only form of waiting I could believe they might participate in, but not for long. Fundie males feel they're entitled to regular sex, and the women feel they're spiritually obligated to provide it... not to mention the fear of people talking if they haven't announced a pregnancy after an acceptable number of months. There aren't very many fundies who don't have a baby within two years of marriage.

Sorry, my formulation was not very clear: My doctor meant that nearly or all women had a miscarriage at one point. For most it´s the first pregnancy - and as I said, most won´t realize it. But as far as I know there are no datas to prove it.

I don't think that's really true, either. It's certainly more common than most people realize, and some women won't even notice it because it happens so quickly, but I don't think nearly all women have them at some point.

]pregnancycorner.com/loss/chemical-pregnancy.html

A chemical pregnancy happens when a fertilized egg does not attach itself to the uterine wall. This is also known as a very early miscarriage. According to ACOG, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, chemical pregnancies account for 50-75% of all miscarriages. Unlike miscarriages, which typically occur before the 20th week of gestation, chemical pregnancies occur just after implantation. In cases where the woman is not expecting to become pregnant, she may not realize she was since menstruation bleeding usually occurs around the same time. If she is expecting and takes a test, it could lead to false positive pregnancy test results.

In the past, sensitive pregnancy tests were administered by doctors via blood tests. Nowadays, there are several over-the-counter products that are able to detect pregnancies almost a week before menstruation is due. This could be why so many women are realizing they are pregnant, only to learn the pregnancy resulted in a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage. Research has shown up to 70% of all conceptions end in miscarriage. Health care providers do not clinically confirm a pregnancy until it is detected on an ultrasound. First ultrasounds are typically given between the 4th and 6th weeks of gestation.

:lol: What on earth...? What is it with me when it comes to virginity and sex? I have no idea. I didn't think there was anything, and I honestly have no idea what you're getting at! But this honestly gave me a great laugh, so thank you!

Well you did get at me a couple days ago about John Webster "looking virginal". Glad you have a sense of humor. Really thought you were gonna kick my ass about that last one.

Well you did get at me a couple days ago about John Webster "looking virginal". Glad you have a sense of humor. Really thought you were gonna kick my ass about that last one.

Haha, I'm sorry, I very rarely remember who I said what to on this board! I think I tend to come across as being angry when I'm not for some reason, but I guess that's a general failing on the interwebz. The vast majority of the time when I disagree with someone on here (i.e. the virginal John Webster thing) I'm not angry, I just can't keep my mouth shut. ;)

Archived