IGNORED

Erin & Chad went to the park. (yawn)

Justme

I don't see her hurrying to have babies. It would be a major adjustment for her not to be the center of attention. I don't know that I've really seen her do much on the shows other than play the piano.

She may also (gasp) want to finish school before having babies. Doesn't she only have a semester left? I'm glad to hear she is back in school, even if it is only Clown College.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised she can't cook. She doesn't strike me as a girl that really does much housekeeping or cooking. I think having Michaela close in age to her made her able to hide from learning those things. I just don't see her in the kitchen cooking and getting up at all hours with kids. Can you imagine cooking with that hair all over the place?

You have a point about having a sister close in age that would handle these kind of duties so she (Erin) didn't have worry about learning. Plus there was probably more concern with getting things done, such as getting food on the table, doing the laundry, than worrying about doing any kind of teaching. As long as it got done, it didn't matter who did it.

It's just I find it interesting that for folks who advocate women being keepers at home, that they don't always do a very good job of preparing their daughters for the role.

I don't see her hurrying to have babies. It would be a major adjustment for her not to be the center of attention. I don't know that I've really seen her do much on the shows other than play the piano.

Oh, but she would be the center of attention. See, I see her hurrying to have babies. The first grandchild on both sides of the family?! It'll be like the wedding all over again!

It always struck me that Erin's talent and looks allowed her to be the special snowflake princess of the family. Michael, who is plainer in looks and does not have the piano playing talent, appeared to be the family workhorse.

I don't know. Erin has always struck me as shallow and immature in the interview clips of hers that I have watched. She is also the one that has the most positive attention directed to her. Marriage is probably turning out a little more difficult and a lot less exciting than the bill of goods her parents were selling her.

Absolutely nothing is less impressive than the homemaking skills of ATI women.

That's the problem with courtship... you dont see each other in any sort of negative light. I read an article once that said you should be sick around each other.. see the other person at their worst..

Its also a way for abusers to hide... be all sweet and nice to the family during the courtship, then boom as soon as they are married and alone he turns into an abuser.

But wouldn't being pregnant make her the center of attention (at least for 9 months)? Everyone's always catering to pregnant women (for good reason of course), so I can see her going after that. I just can't see her staying up all night with sick kids or anything like that.

I was always told growing up that as a woman if you can't cook and keep house then you aren't worth anything, so it's somewhat surprising that Erin isn't much of a cook. Although, honestly, not all that surprising when you see how much they seem to value any education. And I suppose Erin got to be the pretty one while Micheal(a) got to do all the laborious tasks, so I can see Erin somehow avoiding the "work" of cooking.

I can see the whole new aspect of the relationship as a huge adjustment for the both of them. I know for fact that when my boyfriend and I moved in together that was a huge adjustment, and we're dating normally and all that - so I can't imagine how big of an adjustment they'd have to make. I can see Erin struggling from going from being the princess of a huge family with everyone catering to her needs to having to cook and clean and take care of herself and her husband, who possibly had completely different expectations than she did of marriage, and maybe now they're "clashing" a bit.

But wouldn't being pregnant make her the center of attention (at least for 9 months)? Everyone's always catering to pregnant women (for good reason of course), so I can see her going after that. I just can't see her staying up all night with sick kids or anything like that.

I was always told growing up that as a woman if you can't cook and keep house then you aren't worth anything, so it's somewhat surprising that Erin isn't much of a cook. Although, honestly, not all that surprising when you see how much they seem to value any education. And I suppose Erin got to be the pretty one while Micheal(a) got to do all the laborious tasks, so I can see Erin somehow avoiding the "work" of cooking.

I can see the whole new aspect of the relationship as a huge adjustment for the both of them. I know for fact that when my boyfriend and I moved in together that was a huge adjustment, and we're dating normally and all that - so I can't imagine how big of an adjustment they'd have to make. I can see Erin struggling from going from being the princess of a huge family with everyone catering to her needs to having to cook and clean and take care of herself and her husband, who possibly had completely different expectations than she did of marriage, and maybe now they're "clashing" a bit.

It could go either way. I definitely think that Erin is struggling with such a radically different lifestyle, but of course with all the brainwashing they've both gotten their entire lives I can also see a pregnancy announcement in the next few months since being knocked up is a sign from God of how "blessed" you are :roll:

Edited bc I hate using the same adjectives and adverbs repeatedly in one statment

It could go either way. I definitely think that Erin is struggling with such a radically different lifestyle, but of course with all the brainwashing they've both gotten their entire lives I can also see a pregnancy announcement in the next few months since being knocked up is a sign from God of how "blessed" you are :roll:

Edited bc I hate using the same adjectives and adverbs repeatedly in one statment

Not to mention, I can't imagine these two agreeing on a specific contraceptive, given their background, so-- sex = babies. I could be wrong...

If they're having sex, she's going to get pregnant. I doubt very much they're using any kind of birth control. The question is "when" not "if". Unless they've fertility issues ('sans Nate & Mel).

According to Kelly, Erin is becoming a good cook.

Dear,

She has actually become quite a good cook! She was given lots of recipes books and she’s really been enjoying experimenting and learning! She’s had us over for several meals she has prepared! Love, Kelly

If they're having sex, she's going to get pregnant. I doubt very much they're using any kind of birth control. The question is "when" not "if". Unless they've fertility issues ('sans Nate & Mel).

Yep which is really sad bc I'm sure morning sickness would suck when you're still in school and in your last semester, but of course they've been taught (not sure about Chad with daddy being a doctor) that all birth control is evil and keeps them from receiving God's "blessings"

I also agree, though, that Erin doesn't seem like the type who really wants a full quiver or even any at all if she's been catered to like we all suspect. Maybe one day they'll figure something out and limit the blessings when Erin gets tired of it all

It always struck me that Erin's talent and looks allowed her to be the special snowflake princess of the family. Michael, who is plainer in looks and does not have the piano playing talent, appeared to be the family workhorse.

I don't know. Erin has always struck me as shallow and immature in the interview clips of hers that I have watched. She is also the one that has the most positive attention directed to her. Marriage is probably turning out a little more difficult and a lot less exciting than the bill of goods her parents were selling her.

I was trying to remember if Erin was the one who dissed the Duggar girls' door-painting skills, but it was Tori. Said they were "makin' it yuck colours" in front of a camera and the painters, and Michael jumped in and said in a soothing voice, "No, it'll be beautiful," and expressed gratitude to them for painting a door for her. Can't really say a word against that girl, she seems lovely.

This has always been my impression, too, and I agree that marriage is probably not what she thought it would be. I've noticed she doesn't seem as joyful as she was when she and Chad were courting and when they got engaged - her smile isn't as bright, doesn't go into her eyes as much.

The exact source of that (sex, time spent together, Chad's personality, just living away from family) is up in the air, but it just seems marriage isn't completely as magical as she was expecting it to be.

Exactly, I never understand it when people say, "Maybe they decided to wait a bit!" about these fundie girls. They don't get to wait. If they're having sex, they're going to get pregnant whenever nature takes its course. This is one of their most fundamental beliefs.

I agree that Erin doesn't look as happy as she used to. I hope it's just the adjustment period and that everything will even out. She and Chad have always seemed to genuinely love each other, so at least they've got that foundation.

Why does every fundie set up a blog and inundate the Internet with their day to day activities? Yawn.

cause they couldn't do anything, now that they had sex, it all good

Dang Sing Sing. Calm down. What is it with you when it comes to virginity and sex? I agree that married life is something they both are adjusting to. They both come from large families and for now it's just the 2 of them. I would like to "assume" they are happy to be "alone" with each other. I also would like to "assume" that Chad realizes he doesn't have a doctor's salary like his dad and had better start brainstorming on how he will provide for his wife and future blessings. Married life isn't all sex, hugs, & kisses. I'm sure their parents told them the fundie version of that. Never too soon to find that out ;)

We know that life isn't all sex, hugs and kisses, but do they. I bet they do now caues reality has come to stay and she can be a bigger bitch LOL

Exactly, I never understand it when people say, "Maybe they decided to wait a bit!" about these fundie girls. They don't get to wait. If they're having sex, they're going to get pregnant whenever nature takes its course. This is one of their most fundamental beliefs.

I agree that Erin doesn't look as happy as she used to. I hope it's just the adjustment period and that everything will even out. She and Chad have always seemed to genuinely love each other, so at least they've got that foundation.

But how can she really love someone she doesn't know? As a poster above pointed out, courtship means that people are on their best behaviour, and it's not until after the marriage when they spend time alone together that they really see the other person's true colours.

I dated my (now) fiancé for years before we moved in together, and I learnt a lot about him just from that experience. We had spent time alone together and I had stayed at his house several times overnight. But living full time together was different again.

Erin may have loved the Chad that she courted and was engaged to, but that doesn't necessarily translate to loving the Chad that she is now married to and has to spend the rest of her life with.

It wouldn't surprise me if Erin can't cook - where would she learn? Everything I've ever seen shows Kelly to subscribe to the Duggar cooking method - opening cans of processed crap and dumping the contents in pots or baking in casserole dishes. Although it's a hit disturbing that even by these low standards Erin's considered a bad cook.

I realize they didn't have a lot of money bf the show,but I think the worst frugal recipe Kelly shared was the fried bologna with mashed potatoes on top,covered in cheese.yuk.

I hope Erin is making more than that.

Why hasn't anyone addressed the most important aspect of their visit to the park - which is did they have sex during the visit? Can't they toss in some Fundy approved harlequin romance type of shit to make their blog stand out and dare I say interesting? Hell I'd do my hubby in the park if I weren't concerned about frostbite and the possibility of an arrest. Although my grow children's complete embarrassment might just make it worth the risk. ;)

But how can she really love someone she doesn't know? As a poster above pointed out, courtship means that people are on their best behaviour, and it's not until after the marriage when they spend time alone together that they really see the other person's true colours.

I dated my (now) fiancé for years before we moved in together, and I learnt a lot about him just from that experience. We had spent time alone together and I had stayed at his house several times overnight. But living full time together was different again.

Erin may have loved the Chad that she courted and was engaged to, but that doesn't necessarily translate to loving the Chad that she is now married to and has to spend the rest of her life with.

I mean that they were in love, as opposed to so many of these fundie couples who seem to enter into marriage on the basis of mutual tolerance. Is Erin and Chad style romance the best foundation? Probably not. Is it a better foundation than, "Well he seems okay, and I'm almost 22, and Daddy says I should"? I'd say so, yeah.

It wouldn't surprise me if Erin can't cook - where would she learn? Everything I've ever seen shows Kelly to subscribe to the Duggar cooking method - opening cans of processed crap and dumping the contents in pots or baking in casserole dishes. Although it's a hit disturbing that even by these low standards Erin's considered a bad cook.

You're right!

I think Erin has been a spoiled child. In pictures and videos she is never seen holding a sibling. She has been the "piano princess" so she probably had less chores than Michael or Alyssa.

In Alyssa's pinterest, she has pinned a lot of healthy recipes. I'm sure she's doing her best to be a good cooker and that her children will be better feed than Erin's ones.

Um, maybe I'm a bit sensitive about this for my own personal reasons at the minute, but all the 'they're having sex, ergo babies' is really overstating the case. Couples with zero 'fertility issues' can still take years, even if trying very specifically to conceive. You have about a 25% chance of conceiving each month, even when doing everything 'right'. And on top of that, somewhere between 25-35% of all pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Sex with no condom does not automatically equal a pregnancy, no matter what school sex ed might have told us for years!

And on top of that, somewhere between 25-35% of all pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Sex with no condom does not automatically equal a pregnancy, no matter what school sex ed might have told us for years!

There are even doctors who are saying that the miscarriage-rate is much higher. Some even say 100% - a lot of women just didn´t know that they were / are pregnant, not everybody is testing with this very sensitive tests.

There are even doctors who are saying that the miscarriage-rate is much higher. Some even say 100% - a lot of women just didn´t know that they were / are pregnant, not everybody is testing with this very sensitive tests.

If it were 100%, then no one would have children?

Archived