IGNORED

Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead

ladyaudley

I am absolutely stunned. What a terrible way to go, and so suddenly. He was an extraordinary talent. One of the best of his era, if not all film. Damn.

Oh, what a shame. Such a good actor. Even young kids knew who he was from the Hunger Games.

He was just amazing in Capote.

Fuck drug addiction.

Damn, this is really sad. Philip Seymour Hoffman was such a good actor. He was so versatile. Now he's gone. It sucks.

Devastating loss. He was an amazing actor - Doubt, with Meryl Streep, has some wonderful duels between the two, just masterclasses in acting.

(To be shallow, he was also pretty hot if you like beards and kindly faces)

RIP. I'm going to watch Doubt tonight and marvel at his skill again.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just woke up from a nap and my son told me. I am in complete shock. I LOVE him, he is one of my favorite actors. So brilliant. What a terrible waste. He's only a year older than me.

It's just so sad when someone who has such a gift to share with the world dies so young. RIP Philip.

Very sad indeed. His performance in Charlie Wilson's War is one of the best.

That's so sad. He was a great actor, especially in Capote and Doubt. I also liked him in The Big Lebowski.

I'm watching the documentary history of the Oscars on TCM and they just showed Philip as Capote. He was one of those performers that never gave a bad performance. He will be missed terribly.

Devastating loss. He was an amazing actor - Doubt, with Meryl Streep, has some wonderful duels between the two, just masterclasses in acting.

(To be shallow, he was also pretty hot if you like beards and kindly faces)

RIP. I'm going to watch Doubt tonight and marvel at his skill again.

My jaw dropped just reading the news. I can't believe it. My condolences to his family, I can't imagine what they are going through.

I have Doubt on DVD and his scenes with Streep are amazing. And yes, I found him hot too.

I saw it on my feed and actually said "Oh my God" aloud. I loved him in "Almost Famous" (his character and performance fucking made that movie IMO), "Charlie Wilson's War", "Capote", and so many other roles. He could act his ass off, and I'm kind of mad that he won't get to shine in any other productions. Joplin, Balushi, Morrison, Farley, Cobain, all the really amazing talents are so tortured, and I'm not sure if that is a main ingredient in their genius or a by product. My heart goes out to his children, and I'm just so sad about it. :cry:

Edited to give him the props he deserved in "Almost Famous"

He was one of my all time favorites. his performance in "Boogie Nights" was just exceptional. I read that he had three pretty young children. Drug addiction is so insidious.

Archived