IGNORED

Asians are more racist than the KKK

SpeakNow

My friends Japanese grandmother did say some kind & caring things about Koreans. But then my Anglo-Irish grandfather had some equally delightful things to say about 'Chinamen' (meaning any white asian). No doubt in other parts of Asia & with younger people its less rife. It's no secret that Japan can be quite nationalistic & its actually causing huge problems due to a shrinking population.

The US occupied Japan after WWII. Technically it was the allied forces who occupied Japan, but it was led by the US and the vast majority of troops there were American.

That's how my grandparents met. My grandfather served in the US Army at the tail end of WWII (Stationed in Europe) and then was reactivated for the Korean Conflict. He ended up in Occupied Japan because he was an American born Japanese who could speak and read both English and Japanese. Grandma is from a town not far from the base he was stationed at.

Japan is going to have to start accepting more immigrants eventually. It's pretty incredible that Koreans make up the largest ethnic minority in Japan and they make up .5% of the population. One of my friends who taught English in Japan happened to be Korean (born in Australia) and she experienced far more racism than any of the caucasians I know who worked there. They have an aging population and more and more women are choosing a career over family, so unless they start letting people in they're going to have a crisis on their hands.

Once again Lousewife shows off her vile intolerance.

"They support ‘affirmative action’ because all Asian societies are tribal- and clan-based in nature, with extreme xenophobia present between tribes and clans, much less evinced towards those of other races and nationalities. Asians are so ‘racist’ that they make the KKK look like the NAACP; every single Asian I talked to about the election of 2008 was astonished that the U.S. would elect a black man as President, since in their view, blacks are subhuman."

"He said he would often circulate in the Chinese community and listen to the conversations, without the residents knowing he could understand them. He said their common term for an American was “foreign devil.†(I’ve confirmed this from other sources.) He said they have “no respect†for white Americans and generally regard blacks as amimals.

On the subject of corruption, he said that Chinese restaurants have different sets of books, one to show the IRS and the other to show the real cash flow. They don’t worry about audits because 1) few IRS agents speak Chinese and can decipher the available records 2) if an auditor should figure out what’s going on the proprietors can simply shout “racism.†They are quite aware of the potency and usefulness and of that charge."

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2014/01/why-do-asians-support-big-government/

It's amazing that they ALL were astonished that the US would elect a black man when Obama garnered 73% of the Asian vote:

Exit polls find that a key to Obama's victory was winning 93 percent of African-Americans, 71 percent of Hispanics, and 73 percent of Asians. Mitt Romney took most of the white vote, which is 72 percent of the electorate.

Japan is going to have to start accepting more immigrants eventually. It's pretty incredible that Koreans make up the largest ethnic minority in Japan and they make up .5% of the population. One of my friends who taught English in Japan happened to be Korean (born in Australia) and she experienced far more racism than any of the caucasians I know who worked there. They have an aging population and more and more women are choosing a career over family, so unless they start letting people in they're going to have a crisis on their hands.

From what I've read, the Japanese were aware from the 90's that they would either have to increase immigration or encourage more working mothers in the workplace to compensate for a declining workforce. The Japanese birthrate is low in part because women in the country are very educated by also abide by traditional concepts of being fulltime mothers and wives. Woman then delay childbirth and/or have fewer children in part to help juggle the pressure of job and their family's needs.

It seems to me the Japanese tried, briefly the immigration option when they allowed Brazilian-Japanese to come to work. It didn't seem to have worked out well, as the Japanese government found out being Japanese by blood doesn't diminish the cultural barrier. Moreover, I've heard Japan, being so homogeneous, can be difficult for Asians to work in.

To me, this conundrum is kind of Darwinian in nature. The country is reluctant to adapt to social changes, yet will die out (literally) if it does not. It will be interesting to see which social reforms will win out in the end.

Yep, married to an investigator in the tax department here, same deal.

in my industry I've seen a LOT of small business owners of all ethnic backgrounds who were unable to claim business interruption insurance because they 'didn't keep any records' and presumably didn't pay any employment taxes. Can't prove your loss, can't get a claim paid.

This was a very big deal after Hurricane Katrina, with a lot of small business owners upset that their claims for lost income had to be based on the income they claimed on their tax returns, not what they said they were losing every day. So unfair. :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think this is part of it too. I have experienced a lot of positive racism. After a while it is hard to recognise it - you are kind of used to being different, and being treated differently, but you forget why.

It is actually a really odd experience for me in moving tot he US. I used to be seen as different immediately, from the way I look. Here (small town Ohio) it is weird - I don't look different, but when I talk with an obviouly foreign accent I can find myself with a similar sense of being the other. People are REALLY friendly about it, but you still have the constant reminder that you are different.

There is also the life facts that come with being different - I don't consider it so much racism as an interest in other people and other cultures. But, for example, I became very used to having strangers approach me for a conversation at all time in all places - train, grocery store, in the street, onsen, restaurant etc. I spent some time working in a community far out in the middle of the countryside. Myself and an Iraqi man, who owned a not for profit farm to show city kids how rice was grown nearby, were the only foreigners in the area (I actually commuted in). The people were nothing but welcoming and kind, but you just factored into your tme that you would be stopped/ asked to be in photographs/ given odd jobs to do at events etc. I see these experiences as different to racism though, especially as part of my job description, because of the programme I was on (JET), was to share culture and encourage internationalism (basically, whilst the job is teachign English, the programme was set up by the government as a kind of grassroots way to encourage internationalisation and have foreigners participate in communities where otherwise there would be no foreigners)

Nice to see a fellow JET on here! (I was an ALT in Kyoto-fu, 2003-2004)

Archived