IGNORED

Lance Seppi engaged

NotALoserLikeYou

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Swanson is speaking at the wedding -- right now.

ETA -- if someone gave such a political speech, yelling no less, at a wedding I attended, I would be so disgusted, even if it was political thought I agreed with!

What a dangerous, obnoxious, inaccurate schmuck he is.

Did you know that most Americans have homes twice the size of those in 1900 and half the children? Wait -- there's more! Did you know that means that Americans love drywall more than children?

Really -- he goes on about the love of drywall for quite a while.

Kevin Swanson is speaking at the wedding -- right now.

ETA -- if someone gave such a political speech, yelling no less, at a wedding I attended, I would be so disgusted, even if it was political thought I agreed with!

What a dangerous, obnoxious, inaccurate schmuck he is.

Yes he is. Listening but not sure I can last much longer.

So WTF happened 40 years ago that changed the Eden-in-the-making that was the US into the terrible place it is today?

Yes he is. Listening but not sure I can last much longer.

So WTF happened 40 years ago that changed the Eden-in-the-making that was the US into the terrible place it is today?

Got me.

He really is a walking Bingo game -- he just went through the whole "secular people see little boys as wild burdens and need to diagnose them with ADHD" rant.

No, fucker -- we see children who may need help, instead of being whipped and told to sit still in church, so we explore whether there are reason they can't control their impulses.

Now he's on how the secular world is creating a Hunger Games dystopia, due to the destruction of fatherhood.

Happy, happy wedding talk! :roll:

At least the wedding party gets to sit down through all of this, because he is as unpleasant as anyone at a Maxhell wedding, and more long-winded.

Wikipedia (and the rest of us who use these terms) will burn in Hell for using CE and BCE instead of AD and BC. Well, of course! :roll:

And, of course, he just dropped the requisite Godwin.

Watching a bit of it. Oy. The sermon portion is full of man+woman.

The dress is frumpy looking from a distance, but it is hard to tell.

Holy shit. I paused it, took a shower, changed clothes and took out the garbage. Came back and he is still throwing up words.

I need a drink and I'm not even there. If I were there, I'd have finished the first flask by now and be well into the second.

Holy shit. I paused it, took a shower, changed clothes and took out the garbage. Came back and he is still throwing up words.

I need a drink and I'm not even there. If I were there, I'd have finished the first flask by now and be well into the second.

Don't know if you meant Swanson, but the most recent speaker was a different man -- I didn't catch his name. He wasn't nearly as political or unpleasant, but managed to get in some guilt-mongering about everybody needing to check to make sure their marriage was All About God.

ETA -- another speaker, who seems to be focusing on eating a healthy, mostly vegetable diet. :wtf:

Who's talking now about natural diets?!? WTF does that have to do with the couple?

So what do you suppose Lance is thinking about through all this verbal vomit?

I have no idea. I just know that the long winded, dramatic yelling from stage was obnoxious. One speaker or two would have me working through the stash of flasks. Like I said, I paused it, so I had to speed up to get to real time. Must have missed a change in men.

OK, now king Seppi is talking about cancer, diabetes and heart disease?

What is this, a wedding or a sales pitch?

ETA: By now, at my wedding, we were well on our way to the open bar and eating. Maybe that's why mine ended in divorce? We didn't have enough menz pretending to be important.

I have no idea. I just know that the long winded, dramatic yelling from stage was obnoxious. One speaker or two would have me working through the stash of flasks. Like I said, I paused it, so I had to speed up to get to real time. Must have missed a change in men.

OK, now king Seppi is talking about cancer, diabetes and heart disease?

What is this, a wedding or a sales pitch?

Uncle of the groom? I'm not up on my Seppis, sorry.

Uncle of the groom? I'm not up on my Seppis, sorry.

I have it on a small screen so maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was the father of the groom...King Seppi; patriarch; daddy dearest? I'm apparently missing a lot because I keep getting lost inside the hiding place of my mind.

I've been fundie-watching for awhile, and this is probably the weirdest shit I've ever seen. Are they in a middle school auditorium? Has this wedding actually been going on for over 2 hours?

I have it on a small screen so maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was the father of the groom...King Seppi; patriarch; daddy dearest? I'm apparently missing a lot because I keep getting lost inside the hiding place of my mind.

:lol:

Yeah, between the blah-blah and the offensiveness (and the fact that I'm getting up to do housework), I'm spacing out on much of it. At least this speaker (father of the bride?) actually seems to be saying more standard religious-wedding stuff.

I guess I thought that the father of the groom might be last, talk longer, and maybe actually mention his son instead of vegetables, so when you referred to him as a Seppi, I figured it had to be a family patriarch, but not the dad.

Has this wedding actually been going on for over 2 hours?

The camera was on for a long time -- maybe over an hour -- when people were just milling around waiting for the ceremony to start.

The camera was on for a long time -- maybe over an hour -- when people were just milling around waiting for the ceremony to start.

I think it actually began around 1:30 CST...so, about 30 minutes late.

Even starting late, it's one of the longest weddings I've ever had the misfortune to see.

Of course, it isn't just a wedding. It's a forum for manly men who have the most important shit ever to say. :obscene-drinkingchug:

Is this a wedding or a contest to see who can be the most boring & long-winded?

I may faint -- someone just said to the bride and groom "this is the best day of your lives." He almost got celebratory there, but now he's droning on about not divorcing. Oooooh, a metaphor of the bride and groom being like cardboard, and Jesus being like Super Glue.

These people sure are romantic. :roll:

ETA -- OMG! Now he has gone on to the idea of the husband as the head, with many analogies of someone injuring himself, over and over! :pink-shock:

Archived