IGNORED

Lance Seppi engaged

NotALoserLikeYou

Now, we are working on wedding preparations and also laying the groundwork for our marriage on the Rock of our salvation, Christ Jesus. In all reality, we didn’t really have a “courtship†at all. We had a few days of serious dialogue and evaluation and the Lord blessed those days abundantly. I have been so blessed by the time Lance and I share in the Word together and we look forward to all that the Lord has for us in the future.

I don't get it. It's like they are selling off their daughter to the highest bidder... Or the most hardcore fundie. It's an arranged marriage... It's not about having anything, other than your crazy religious ideas, in common. Let's have eleventy babies & homeschool & build the Lord's Army. Ugh!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In all reality, we didn't really have a 'courtship' at all. We had a few days of serious dialogue and evaluation..."

esq-bill-murray-stripes-0114-md.jpg

"Lance Seppi, you are a madman! I wanna party with you, cowboy."

She says she felt no butterflies. It's just heartbreaking what these fundies do to themselves.

Where did you see her say that? I just spent too much time looking through the Facebook page and their blog... Help!

Are these people for real?

One day when my sister, Regina, was in the shower, crying out to God to give me a godly wife, Greg was concerned that Regina was okay. My family knew that I was set on getting married and prayed often for me. I prayed fervently that God would bless me with a humble, gracious, godly homemaker that would be pleased to welcome all the children that God would choose to give us.

Ah -- perhaps we have solved a mystery.

If a fundie is taking advantage of the teeny bit of privacy a shower affords for a bit of self-pleasure, and they can't help making noise, perhaps it can be covered by turning it into "Oh, God, yes -- um, yes, God, please send a godly wife for . . . um, for my brother. Yes, YES! That's it! Oh, God -- a wife for my brother!"

Where did you see her say that? I just spent too much time looking through the Facebook page and their blog... Help!

On the wedding site from the previous page.

From what I knew of him before and what I knew after this (what some may consider very brief) evaluation time, I truly believed this was the man the Lord would have me marry. There were no butterflies in my stomach or anything like that. During this time, both of us were very serious and sober-minded. Marriage is a serious decision and not to be taken lightly.

I will never get the time back that I took to read that "About Us" section. Are these people for real? :o

He didn't pray for a wife that would love him and that he would love, just a wife who would be humble and pop out babies. She didn't have butterflies so I guess they are made for each other. :angry-banghead:

On the wedding site from the previous page.

From what I knew of him before and what I knew after this (what some may consider very brief) evaluation time, I truly believed this was the man the Lord would have me marry. There were no butterflies in my stomach or anything like that. During this time, both of us were very serious and sober-minded. Marriage is a serious decision and not to be taken lightly.

Derp. No more vodka for me! Thanks. :)

It greatly disturbs me that a young woman would "cry out to God" for any reason concerning her brother (thanks for the mental image, Thoughtful) while in a shower. As a frequent shower-taker, as well as a haver of brothers, I am completely skeeved out by this.

Maybe if my brother had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I broke down in the shower after days of feeling numb. But for a wife? No way.

It greatly disturbs me that a young woman would "cry out to God" for any reason concerning her brother (thanks for the mental image, Thoughtful) while in a shower. As a frequent shower-taker, as well as a haver of brothers, I am completely skeeved out by this.

Perhaps she shares a bathroom with her horny brother. She cried out in the shower for a mate for him so she would no longer have to ensure the shower floor was thoroughly rinsed before she bathed.

Arranged marriages were common among royalty and are still common in certain cultures and parts of the world. The fundies can talk about courting all they want but when their marriage partners are selected by third parties instead of each other it's an arranged marriage.

This is off-topic, but on the subject of literal fundie arranged marriages:

kindredgrace.com/story/an-arranged-marriage/

This story is heart-breaking, and I have no idea why Gretch and Co. filed it under "Young Love". Cuz no way were these two in love when they were married, regardless of where they might be now.

Well, at least they're admitting there was no courtship and it was basically an arranged marriage with no hint of romance. And "a two day evaluation" how very corporate of them.

Count me in being skeeved by his sister crying out in the shower to grant him a wife already. :pink-shock:

Maybe she thinks if he gets laid she wont have to hear him masturbating furiously every night...or doesn't like him and wants him to get married so he will move out of the house

Maybe she thinks if he gets laid she wont have to hear him masturbating furiously every night...or doesn't like him and wants him to get married so he will move out of the house

The don't live in the same house. Regina and Greg have been married quite a while.

I think Regina is married to Greg - who worried about her shower outburst. I'm guessing a detachable shower head was involved and it really had nothing to do with her brother.

I've been re-watching some of the old Duggar shows and in Season 1 of 17 kids and counting, espisode 4, titled, "Duggar Dating Rules" Jana is asked if she is excited for Josh getting engaged. And she says, "I know last year at this time I was praying that he would find someone and then this year, he's engaged. So its really exciting."

So I guess it isn't unusual for sisters in families like these to pray for their brothers to find a wife.

(Also, JoylessAnna actually got a hug from her mom in this episode. WOW!)

I think Regina is married to Greg - who worried about her shower outburst. I'm guessing a detachable shower head was involved and it really had nothing to do with her brother.

Regina is married to the crypt keeper, so yes she probably does that on occasion.

I've been re-watching some of the old Duggar shows and in Season 1 of 17 kids and counting, espisode 4, titled, "Duggar Dating Rules" Jana is asked if she is excited for Josh getting engaged. And she says, "I know last year at this time I was praying that he would find someone and then this year, he's engaged. So its really exciting."

So I guess it isn't unusual for sisters in families like these to pray for their brothers to find a wife.

(Also, JoylessAnna actually got a hug from her mom in this episode. WOW!)

I think that was Jana's fundie-speak for "I was hoping Josh would meet a girl and get the hell out of the house".

I think its sad that for many fundies in general that love and affection is not a factor for a relationship.There is no time to have quality time together as a couple. Everything has to be quickly done or rushed.

Noo! These people are not too far my neck of the woods. I have never heard of them before. And wow Regina's husband looks like he could be her dad? What is their age difference? Maybe he just looks older than he is. Their blog mentioned she is 4 years older than Lance (so 30). Crazy! I wonder if I will ever run into them.

Noo! These people are not too far my neck of the woods. I have never heard of them before. And wow Regina's husband looks like he could be her dad? What is their age difference? Maybe he just looks older than he is. Their blog mentioned she is 4 years older than Lance (so 30). Crazy! I wonder if I will ever run into them.

You must explore that blog!

I believe Greg is 14 years older than Regina....they got married in April of 2012, got pregnant with Mercy right away ( of course) and she just turned a year old. Regina has mentioned that they hope to be blessed soon but no official announcement as of yet. Greg also has a daughter from a previous marriage.

You have to hand it to the Seppis, they marry off their children.

Dinah married Dustin Reeder this past August and they are expecting in August 2014.

They are full blown crazy although the hypocrisy abounds since I believe the dad was a public school teacher for years and was married before, thus the daughter Fama who has a different last name right?

Anyway, CRAZY.

Archived