IGNORED

Lance Seppi engaged

NotALoserLikeYou

Lance, 26, (bio here: blogger.com/profile/13234835602860461683) is engaged after a 4 week "evaluation/courtship," to Megan Peterson, according to the Seppi Facebook.

He went to meet the family in Idaho this past week and spent 8 hours answering questions from her father. Then Megan questioned him for several hours. The father then gave lance permission to propose.

The Peterson family had visited the Seppis on January 3. This is apparently when the evaluation began. It seems these two have spent only a couple of days actually in the same room.

Pic: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202407324400102&id=1103111376&set=pcb.10202407345240623&source=48

I dont know anything about the Petersons. Yet.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. Well, like any other Seppi wedding, this one should be a huge snark-fest. Wonder whether the bride will be wearing polyester, sateen, or rayon? :lol:

Kidding aside, 4-week courtship? These people are mad. Poor girl. It sounds like she has no say in her life at all. :(

Any chance these families have known each other before the January 6 visit? I just can't imagine marrying somebody you just met.

"Evaluation/courtship" followed by question-and-answer sessions?

Nothing like a good evaluation before the proposal. I wonder if there were spreadsheets involved? Maybe there was a Powerpoint with Scripture slides!

:romance-heartstiny::romance-heartstiny::romance-heartstiny:

I just never expected anyone to marry a Seppi boy. Have you seen old Lance speak.!?

I looked at their blog and the latest post quotes Dr. Joel Furhman, a nutritionist that I also follow. He's definitely secular. My only other comment is the font they use is annoying.

Looking at the family photos, why do they feel they must put their hands on the women's abdomen or hip area? The parents have their hands around the teenager/young adult girl. The couple that got married recently & is now pregnant- he has his hands on her abdomen. These people are freaky.

I looked at their blog and the latest post quotes Dr. Joel Furhman, a nutritionist that I also follow. He's definitely secular. My only other comment is the font they use is annoying.

I don't think the Seppi's mind quoting secular people. Last year they had a post about the evils of homosexuality, below it was a video featuring a gay journalist who said something that they agreed with .

I just never expected anyone to marry a Seppi boy. Have you seen old Lance speak.!?

Well he can't have such handsome good looks AND the gift of gab. That just wouldn't be fair.

Looking at the family photos, why do they feel they must put their hands on the women's abdomen or hip area? The parents have their hands around the teenager/young adult girl. The couple that got married recently & is now pregnant- he has his hands on her abdomen. These people are freaky.

To make sure everyone knows who owns her babymaking parts.

To make sure everyone knows who owns her babymaking parts.

They could also be praying while laying hands on her ovaries, as per Geoff Botkin's instructions.

Oh boy. Well, like any other Seppi wedding, this one should be a huge snark-fest. Wonder whether the bride will be wearing polyester, sateen, or rayon? :lol:

Kidding aside, 4-week courtship? These people are mad. Poor girl. It sounds like she has no say in her life at all. :(

Oh, but Lance was questioned for 8 hours. Then questioned further by his intended. Clearly, everything there is to know was brought into the open during the interrogation.

Well, since they're not allowed to work jobs in the ebil secular world, maybe this is how they get their job interview jollies. Because that's sure how 8 hours of interrogation and evaluation sounds to me! :disgust:

Is this a marriage proposal or is Lance trying to get his betrothed's family to invest in a start-up?? Eight hours of interrogation ... defending my thesis was less stressful (maybe because I generally take more than a couple weeks to consider and prepare for major life decisions).

• 3 weeks later...

Are these people for real?

One day when my sister, Regina, was in the shower, crying out to God to give me a godly wife, Greg was concerned that Regina was okay. My family knew that I was set on getting married and prayed often for me. I prayed fervently that God would bless me with a humble, gracious, godly homemaker that would be pleased to welcome all the children that God would choose to give us.

Lance, 26, (bio here: blogger.com/profile/13234835602860461683) is engaged after a 4 week "evaluation/courtship," to Megan Peterson, according to the Seppi Facebook.

He went to meet the family in Idaho this past week and spent 8 hours answering questions from her father. Then Megan questioned him for several hours. The father then gave lance permission to propose.

The Peterson family had visited the Seppis on January 3. This is apparently when the evaluation began. It seems these two have spent only a couple of days actually in the same room.

Pic: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202407324400102&id=1103111376&set=pcb.10202407345240623&source=48

I dont know anything about the Petersons. Yet.

8 hours?!? That's nuts! Where would you even get that much material to make 8 hours of questions? Even defenses for PhDs are only 3 hours max!

"So... Lance... Start with the moment you were born, and then bring us through the other 9490 days since then.."

Are these people for real?

One day when my sister, Regina, was in the shower, crying out to God to give me a godly wife, Greg was concerned that Regina was okay. My family knew that I was set on getting married and prayed often for me. I prayed fervently that God would bless me with a humble, gracious, godly homemaker that would be pleased to welcome all the children that God would choose to give us.

:lol: :clap: Ah, the crazy....

Oh, but Lance was questioned for 8 hours. Then questioned further by his intended. Clearly, everything there is to know was brought into the open during the interrogation.

Well......... at least the intended got to question him herself. I guess that's better than nothing. Although I wonder if the decision had already been made by the time she was allowed to talk to him.

He was interrogated for 8 hours like a criminal just to ask a woman to marry him?

I think after the first hour, I would just admit that it isn't worth it to be married into a family that is insane. Or go behind the parents back if I really loved her.

She was too worried about The Lord's Day to have butterflies. It's all about Jesus, making babies & being a keeper at home. Love is not in the equation.

Archived