IGNORED

Paleontologists laugh, cry at Creation Museum

NotALoserLikeYou

They are they will toss you out if you show disrespectful actions. If you need guns to protect your entertainment then you are doing something wrong.

I read an earlier thread abt this place where the poster said they have"security" men in uniforms walking around and will listen to your conversations and throw you out . Too Stalinist for me.

I guess I shouldn't go then. I don't have a button on my lip.

They used to claim trilobites were sent extinct by the flood and were found in lower layers of rock because they were crapper swimmers than the corals and snails found in younger layers. But, they are changing their claims as the internet makes it harder for them to defend the craziest. I wish I could find documents from 15 years ago when they used to claim that natural selection was impossible, that the only possible selection pressure was artificial.

Well, that and there was another guy with a similar theory who was about to publish it.

IIRC he didn't want to hurt his devout wife's feelings, so he sat on the manuscript for a decade or more, then published when he was told Wallace was going to.

To the poster who was going to read Origin before you go. Read Blind Watchmaker and a Stephen Jay Gould book instead - the science has advanced since Darwin.

They are they will toss you out if you show disrespectful actions. If you need guns to protect your entertainment then you are doing something wrong.

Are they really truly armed? What the #$@&*?!

I don't remember where I heard it, but I was sure they used the flood to explain the extinction of the dinosaurs. Now, they were on the ark?

When you make things up it can be difficult to keep your stories straight.

When you make things up it can be difficult to keep your stories straight.

Lol! Yeah, they claimed that the dinos were all really little, like-dog sized, at that point. When they got off the ark, then they grew into the bigger ones we know about. (eyeroll)

Lol! Yeah, they claimed that the dinos were all really little, like-dog sized, at that point. When they got off the ark, then they grew into the bigger ones we know about. (eyeroll)

But that would be evolution, would't it? :naughty: This naughty dino's should have remained as God intended them to be :roll: .

But that would be evolution, would't it? :naughty: This naughty dino's should have remained as God intended them to be :roll: .

I would think so, but I evidently am not smart enough to get their logic (or lack thereof). did you guys catch the "tree of life" or whatever versus the "garden" schematics? that's supposed to be their reply on evolution itself I guess. I didn't understand it, and it left me waaayyyyy more confused.

edited to add- go to that 45 things I learned at teh creation museum, and check out teh schematics in the bottom of picture #11. One is supposed to be evolution & the other creationism. Sorry if I am confusing any, but I never understood their message on this:(

I don't remember where I heard it, but I was sure they used the flood to explain the extinction of the dinosaurs. Now, they were on the ark?

Different stories I've heard:

#1 Dinosaurs became extinct before the Flood. So, no dinosaurs on the ark.

This made sense to me when I heard it. However, some YEC claim that when Job talked about behemoth, he was referring to a dinosaur. (Job is considered to be a post-Flood character.) So, based on that logic, dinosaurs must have been around after the flood.

#2 The Flood caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

However, that cannot fly because Noah was instructed to bring two (or seven) of every kind of animal onto the ark. If dinosaurs were still around then, dinosaurs would have had to be on the ark. Not sure whether dinosaurs are clean or unclean, so don't know how many were on board.

#3 Dinosaurs were on the ark. Only a small pair would do.

This, to me, cannot hold water from a YEC perspective because scientists have identified many, many species of dinosaurs. Bringing just one pair on board is not enough to reproduce the vast number of species again.

#4 Dinosaurs were on the ark, but died shortly after, because of lack of food.

Again, this cannot hold water. Why bring animals onto the ark to preserve them only to kill them off shortly after?

#5 Dinosaurs were on the ark, and some are still alive today. The Loch Ness monster is probably a dinosaur. There are some areas which have not been explored, eg jungles and such, and it is conceivable that dinosaurs are living there.

I have no words.

I have heard that #5 is presented as a point worth serious consideration In the ACE curriculum.

Besides the whole issue about dinosaurs being in the ark or not, the question I always have is about the animals that we know exist now. What happened to the fish and other water animals? Was the water salty (if so, what happened to the fresh water animals? And where did Noah get water for all the animals on the ark?) or fresh (in which case, what happened to the salt water creatures?). Or was it just brackish (in which case it's wrong for nearly *all* the animals, including the ones on the ark who needed drinking water.)

I witnessed the most cringeworthy YEC/literal Noahic flood discussion I've ever seen in a high school bible study class (fundie school) where a teacher seriously discussed the 'fact' that God invented the laws of diffraction after the flood. Apparently there were no rainbows before that. (the teacher also refused to teach us about plate techtonics, he was sure there was water under the earth's crust (evidenced by ground water) and that the weight of the flood waters had changed the earth's topography in substantial way. I am so thankful my parents had a subscription to National Geographic. Come to think of it I unschooled myself most of lower high school science and Social Studies.)

The theory I grew up with was that dinosaurs were on the ark, but they slowly died after the flood because they couldn't adapt to the climate change. Before the flood there was this giant thing of water over the earth so the earth's atmosphere was different. But after the flood that water wasn't there and the dinosaurs just couldn't adapt.

According to Ken Ham during the flood God made the whole world flat and when the flood ended he raised up mountains and valleys so all the water that was used during the flood is still here you just can't tell because we have mountains and valleys. Which doesn't follow the Bible because it says all the mountains were covered. But I bet he will claim that mountains were really mountains. The Bible is to be taken literally until it isn't with these people.

I guess I shouldn't go then. I don't have a button on my lip.

Yeah, this would be a serious push for me. I managed to get through Graceland without sarcastic comments, but that was just Graceland. (and hubs had to listen to a long discussion of the irony and humor and serious wtf immediately after.) This would be harder, because Elvis was just "Elvis" and this is, to me a major misinterpretation the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. More important than Elvis.

Yeah, this would be a serious push for me. I managed to get through Graceland without sarcastic comments, but that was just Graceland. (and hubs had to listen to a long discussion of the irony and humor and serious wtf immediately after.) This would be harder, because Elvis was just "Elvis" and this is, to me a major misinterpretation the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. More important than Elvis.

I've never been (nor do I ever plan to go) to Graceland. What is so weird about it? It's just Elvis' home, right?

I've never been (nor do I ever plan to go) to Graceland. What is so weird about it? It's just Elvis' home, right?

I can best describe it is the house that you would imagine a really poor, seven year old would think rich people would live in. With the extra seventies tacky thrown in for benefit.

I can best describe it is the house that you would imagine a really poor, seven year old would think rich people would live in. With the extra seventies tacky thrown in for benefit.

But it's so tacky it's wonderful! The Jungle Room!! The blue and yellow room!! The tourists asking to see the toilet where Elvis died!! And the gift shops- to die for!!11!!

But it's so tacky it's wonderful! The Jungle Room!! The blue and yellow room!! The tourists asking to see the toilet where Elvis died!! And the gift shops- to die for!!11!!

Was Elvis ever really someone other than a really poor, seven-year old kid?

Elvis home--yes--stuck in 1977, and not as big or grand as I'd have expected. And, truth be told the literally hundreds of gold records (rooms of them-- buildings of them) did in fact make an impression of the impact he had on pop culture. But there were some funny bits... like pictures of fat elvis in a stage costume and the costume itself on a mannequin that was clearly 6 sizes smaller than in the picture. A lot of museum style write ups about Saint Elvis. And, either purposeful or accidental indications that he was manipulated and used by Col. Tom Parker, as was his memory as a serious wealth development plan for Parker.

And, in the gym/handball court, organ music swelling hymns as they explain that his death was the result of his "giving his whole heart to his fans" which apparently led to his heart attack (which I didn't say aloud "yeah, that and the drugs...." until we were outside the gate.)

Plus, his grave was amazing. covered with flowers, huge sprays on display from fan clubs around the world (this was in about 2002) women actually weeping and saying how sad it all was (yes, in 2002) And I managed to get through that without an eye roll ... I was too young for elvis.. I "got" why people liked him (saw his movies when I was a tween) but he was on his downward spiral when I was in HS and he died my second year of college.... to me he was an old, burned out drugger and I still don't get all the women who mourned him so publically when he died. I am not a good fan of any particular star and have a tendency not t weep much for people who wouldn't weep for me.

And this was before I heard he would never sleep with a woman who had given birth, including Priscilla... which just adds to his mommy issues, if true.

Archived