IGNORED

Felt Banners at Mass Provoke Righteous Anger

yetanothermeg

Well, at least she's honest. Lori, take note:

Next problem: Copies of A Little Book about Confession for Children are being shipped, which is great. BUT *I* haven't seen it yet. My publisher assures me that they plan to send me some copies just as soon as they possibly get around to it. :o|

But Simcha likes it! And Jenny gave it a glowing review on Amazon. Thanks ladies! If you've gotten a copy and like it and would review it on Amazon that would be really great. If you don't like it, you should just keep your opinions to yourself, thank you very much.

I attended one church where the priest said people should try NOT to use the cry room. It was a progressive Catholic church and I LOVED it. Very welcoming and inclusive.

I go to a more conservative Catholic church now. Meh - it is just okay.

I have the exact place for her...the most conservative diocese in America, Lincoln, Nebraska. She will find no girls serving at the altar, no women as lectors (and only as cantors if no male is available), no lay people serving communion, no hand-holding during the Our Father, no taking communion in the hand, Catholic K-8 schools with daily mass, a few parishes with dress codes and more!

She will feel right at home with all the self-righteous assholes. Believe me, I know them. They "bless" me regularly with their "wisdom". My current favorite being the now former friend who told me I would not find my parents' situation (one with stage 4 cancer, the other losing vision, neither able to drive and they live 65 miles from me...) stressful or sad if I just went to daily mass and realized that I am "blessed".

My husband is currently job-searching. We could move if absolutely necessary. But we will not cross the boundary into their crazy ass diocese.

Oh yes, I know that diocese very well! Thanks Bishop Bruskewitz for helping make me the atheist I am today.

The self righteous assholes are astounding. When my mom experiences a stillbirth, the priest at our parish at the time refused to do a traditional Catholic burial as the baby hadn't been baptized before death. Yeah that really made my parents feel great. How is that for a culture of life?

However he ever so kindly did allow for burial in the Catholic cemetery.

Well, at least she's honest. Lori, take note:

Well, she is honest, and if she were saying that about her blog, I would have no issue with it. Her blog, her rules, no argument. But it's Amazon, and she's asking paying customers to be quiet about a product they purchased, unless they want to stroke her ego. :?

Oh yes, I know that diocese very well! Thanks Bishop Bruskewitz for helping make me the atheist I am today.

The self righteous assholes are astounding. When my mom experiences a stillbirth, the priest at our parish at the time refused to do a traditional Catholic burial as the baby hadn't been baptized before death. Yeah that really made my parents feel great. How is that for a culture of life?

However he ever so kindly did allow for burial in the Catholic cemetery.

Priest at St. E's gave my dad eucharist in ICU last Thurs morning. Dad hasn't been a practicing Catholic for 50 yrs, a fact that was understood. I nearly fell over in shock and assume that this guy is a rogue priest in the view of the Chancery. I was very grateful, though, that we got a merciful and kind "rogue" priest. Friday morning, it was brought by a lay person, and I assume now that the hospital is probably on the bishop's bad list for allowing that. Some of my asshole friends there ranted at me not long ago about Omaha allowing lay people to distribute communion and how it will be the death of the church.

I was nearly refused communion at church there four years ago because I held up my hands to receive it. That is apparently a big no-no there now; it is only to be received on the tongue. :roll:

Archived