IGNORED

The Thinking Housewife

Kathryn31

I thought this ancient post at NON-Thinking Housewife's blog summed her up really well. Not only does it show her racism (would she be so quick to eviscerate the Obamas' official family portrait if they were white?), but it also seems to sum up her ideas on being the "right" kind of mother.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/200 ... te-mother/

Well that was BIZARRE.

I saw nothing but a sweet family portrait, and I don't even like Obama in the slightest. There was nothing weird or creepy. They have two kids and one was hugging mummy and one was hugging daddy. It was cute and looked like a happy, peaceful family. I wouldn't think that looked wrong if any president had children of the same age, no matter how I disagreed with their politics.

WHAT THE LIVING FUCK. She must have issues of such magnitude human minds can not comprehend them.

Well that was BIZARRE.

I saw nothing but a sweet family portrait, and I don't even like Obama in the slightest. There was nothing weird or creepy. They have two kids and one was hugging mummy and one was hugging daddy. It was cute and looked like a happy, peaceful family. I wouldn't think that looked wrong if any president had children of the same age, no matter how I disagreed with their politics.

WHAT THE LIVING FUCK. She must have issues of such magnitude human minds can not comprehend them.

Sure, the Obama portrait isn't stiff and highly formal, but they still look classy. They are dressed well, smiling and show affection for each other without being gross about it. Yes, I know some people don't support Obama, but you can't deny Obama and his family are loving, functional and happy.

Exactly. I honestly thought that was sweet. And politically, I am not a nice person :twisted:

How could anyone read anything into that but a loving family?

This is the same "female", if you will, that doesn't like Kate Middleton.

Didn't like the dresses. Nothing about the royal wedding satisfied her. She actually got criticized by her loyal followers/Nazis over that post. Even the MRAs didn't see anything too objectionable about Kate Middleton.

The post of her that most creeped me out, and there' s many to chose from, what something that she wrote about Chelsea Clinton. She didn't like it that Chelsea looked happy and confident on her wedding day. It was something about how brides need to look shy and scared. I read that to mean that she wants women afraid of sex. Which seems like something a creepy man would write and think about, not a woman.

She didn't like Kate because Kate's not a virgin. She thought it was highly improper for William to marry his live-in non-virgin girlfriend whom he loves instead of dumping her for some virgin he doesn't even know, just because she's never had sex before. I don't know why it matters to the NTH why two people she doesn't even know get married or don't, but apparently virginity is more important to her than happy weddings. Oh, and she didn't like the lace on Kate's dress because it was sheer and immodest. And Pippa's name is stupid and her dress was too tight.

Well, if hugging your daughter in a photo makes you a liberal bleeding heart, then I guess I just became one. So did this guy:

george-w-bush_4944.jpg

Really?? I mean really?? It's a family photo!! That truly was the creepiest thing+comments I have ever read. :shock: sick puppy

The woman is cold and vile. One of the things that surprised me when I took another look at her blog (like many people here I can't bear to do that regularly) was how often she posts. She must spend a great deal of time at her computer and also obviously thinks that any passing thought that she has is important enough to share with the world. I heartly wish that she would keep far more of her opinions to herself, although I did enjoy this little gem, "There are very few virgins in Britain today". Has she conducted her own survey or what? :oops:

Another delightful comment on the land of my birth came from one of her followers. He said that he had recently visited London, and after a few racist remarks about its citizens, went on to say, "Nor are the English white people impressive specimens- in the main they are obese, poorly dressed and crass in behaviour". If this is the case, and we are sooo repulsive, you might expect there to be a fair few more virgins about, really. I could say more, but I really must squeeze my bloated body into my favourite flour sack dress and then stand outside my house, scratching my backside and swearing at the neighbours. :obscene-buttmoon:

Yeah at one point she was trolling her sheeple/non sock puppets for funds to continue her website. I am not sure if that was for bandwidth or a babysitter to watch her kids while she trawls the internet. I am surprised no one insulted for criticizing her husband failure as a provider.

If you want annother wtf, Laura Wood really hates pizza. Like to the point where pizza = death of civilization.she claims her goal in life to teach some collegiate course called pizza and culture about " It will examine the interstitial, contextual convergences of pizza and humanity"

I wish I was making this up.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/?s=pizza

I don't think interstitial means what she thinks it means. How would pizza and humanity converge interstitially? +1 for the fancy word, Laura, and -10 for using it wrong.

The woman is cold and vile. One of the things that surprised me when I took another look at her blog (like many people here I can't bear to do that regularly) was how often she posts. She must spend a great deal of time at her computer and also obviously thinks that any passing thought that she has is important enough to share with the world. I heartly wish that she would keep far more of her opinions to herself, although I did enjoy this little gem, "There are very few virgins in Britain today". Has she conducted her own survey or what? :oops:

Another delightful comment on the land of my birth came from one of her followers. He said that he had recently visited London, and after a few racist remarks about its citizens, went on to say, "Nor are the English white people impressive specimens- in the main they are obese, poorly dressed and crass in behaviour". If this is the case, and we are sooo repulsive, you might expect there to be a fair few more virgins about, really. I could say more, but I really must squeeze my bloated body into my favourite flour sack dress and then stand outside my house, scratching my backside and swearing at the neighbours. :obscene-buttmoon:

This woman claims to be so busy running her household, raising her children, helping out elderly relatives and being involved in her community. I also believe she mentioned she homeschools. Well, if she's that busy I think it would be difficult to update a blog 3-4 times a day, cull through a bunch of e-mails from her "fans," and troll the Internet for articles she can use to express her hatred.

I hate to be all LOOK GUYZ THIS IS STORMFRONT but srsly? That is fash (fascist) speech 101. They will always say "the white people in X location are Y variety of badness" The whites are failing in their duty to show a good example for the n*ggers. Otherwise said n*ggers wouldn't be so uppity.

Ignore them. Don't give the "Thinking Housewife" more traffic. This is how fascists speak. Stop reading the blog. It's not like how mistaken and confused people post. It's how bad people post. No platform for fascists.

This woman claims to be so busy running her household, raising her children, helping out elderly relatives and being involved in her community. I also believe she mentioned she homeschools. Well, if she's that busy I think it would be difficult to update a blog 3-4 times a day, cull through a bunch of e-mails from her "fans," and troll the Internet for articles she can use to express her hatred.

Maybe she's nocturnal. Vampires are, you know. :twisted:

I hate to be all LOOK GUYZ THIS IS STORMFRONT but srsly? That is fash (fascist) speech 101. They will always say "the white people in X location are Y variety of badness" The whites are failing in their duty to show a good example for the n*ggers. Otherwise said n*ggers wouldn't be so uppity.

Ignore them. Don't give the "Thinking Housewife" more traffic. This is how fascists speak. Stop reading the blog. It's not like how mistaken and confused people post. It's how bad people post. No platform for fascists.

So wait, isn't the exegesis of this board to snark, and often criticize fundamentalists? Stinking lousewife is a fundamentalist, about not just religious issues but social and racial ones too. We have no problem snarking on other fundies, why does she get to be the sacred cow?

Ahhhhh, Marchpane, you are always a delight. 8-)

But I'm skeptical that any of her loyal followers have ever actually traveled to the UK. They don't seem the type to leave their Mom's basement. I think it's more likely they came across a re-run of "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS and figured Daisy and Answald (?) represented the protypical British couple.

So wait, isn't the exegesis of this board to snark, and often criticize fundamentalists? Stinking lousewife is a fundamentalist, about not just religious issues but social and racial ones too. We have no problem snarking on other fundies, why does she get to be the sacred cow?

Well, not the sacred cow. That would imply I respect her, and I don't. Quite the reverse, as I come from the school of thinking that says the only good fascist is a dead fascist.

Other fundies have something entertaining or amusing about them. Uriah the bus. Frumpers. Doug and his sweaty manly romps. Strange multiple kid arrangements. But the lousewife doesn't. She's just a fascist. The amusement is nonexistent, believe me, when you meet them in real life.

And so it's like pointing and laughing at Stormfront or Redwatch (yeah, I know, retro). With 99 percent of fundies here, I get the lulz potential. With her, not at all, and though I won't stop anyone else (how could I?) I don't even see the point.

I agree with you, JesusFightClub. I don't know what the point of reading her blog is. "She" is either a racist, increasingly-detached-from-reality wingnut, or she's a very dedicated troll. Either way, it doesn't amuse me.

Well, not the sacred cow. That would imply I respect her, and I don't. Quite the reverse, as I come from the school of thinking that says the only good fascist is a dead fascist.

Other fundies have something entertaining or amusing about them. Uriah the bus. Frumpers. Doug and his sweaty manly romps. Strange multiple kid arrangements. But the lousewife doesn't. She's just a fascist. The amusement is nonexistent, believe me, when you meet them in real life.

And so it's like pointing and laughing at Stormfront or Redwatch (yeah, I know, retro). With 99 percent of fundies here, I get the lulz potential. With her, not at all, and though I won't stop anyone else (how could I?) I don't even see the point.

I find a lot of the people discussed on this board infuriating, not funny. Still want to know about them.

Understood. And I have no power to make anyone do anything, even not be annoyed by my opinion of the lousewife. ;)

It's not even that she's infuriating (totally agree that fundies are that). It's just that having had dealings with fascists offline, it's a cold dark place for a person to go. If this was a forum dedicated to snarking on Stormfront, I'd offer the same "staring into the abyss" warning.

Totally struggling to convey what I mean here, but what she is is worse than what fundies are by an order of magnitude. I don't even hope for people like her to be freed like a little happy free Jinger :dance: which is a pleasant thought. She is actively malicious, and she enjoys it.

The "no platform" policy came about because caring about what these people think and engaging with them and discussing the ideas they put forth validates them in a horrid way. Maybe now in the Internet age, the lousewife ought to be left to mutter to her dwindling band of supporters.

I am constantly amused (kind of) by the "logic" she employs in her commentary. I'm willing to bet that, if Kate Middleton were a 20-year-old virgin living in her parents' home, Lousewife would have nothing but praise to heap on her appearance, attitude, clothing, you name it. Instead, she zeroes in on people who represent something she dislikes, and proceeds to pick them to pieces over all kinds of irrelevant crap.

I got a kick out of the commentators on her blog who essentially beatified the late Princess Grace of Monaco. Heck, the gal was a MOVIE STAR before she got married--and the scuttlebutt was that she "got around" quite a bit in her single days.

[quote="Hane" Instead, she zeroes in on people who represent something she dislikes, and proceeds to pick them to pieces over all kinds of irrelevant crap.

[quote="Hane" Instead, she zeroes in on people who represent something she dislikes, and proceeds to pick them to pieces over all kinds of irrelevant crap.

we do the same here to fundies.

Archived