IGNORED

sunshine mary still doesn't have a dishwasher....

lilah

To recap sunshine mary was putting knives in the dishwasher and then it broke for completly unrelated reasons so her husband decides to punish her by not getting a new one and now she gets off on cleaning dirty dishes. I used to feel sorry for her but now I wonder if thosetwo need to just admit they like bdsm and get on with their lives....

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/the-flower-of-rebellion/

Wow, she quoted me on her blog, gee I feel special. I am the "Cyndi" who said, "Isn't Sunshine Mary's husband the one who cheated on her over and over?" She felt a particular need to respond to my quote, by saying that I am saying, she doesn't need to obey her husband if he ever messes up or isn't perfect.

Um, no. That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying, Wake up! Not only is your husband a controlling jerk, but he is an unfaithful controlling jerk. WHYYYYYY are you still with him? Why do you hate yourself so much?

Holy crap. I just spent some time reading the comments. These people would be truly scary if they had power. Luckily, they are just cray-cray. Did you guys read the comment from the guy who said he can't wait until husbands can hit their wives again?

I don't think Sunshine Mary is real. I mean, I think she is a real person but exaggerates and is basically writing fiction for her male fans to get off on.

I really think that she is deliberately building a legion of male fans who masturbate over her writing as revenge for her husband's infidelity. The subtext to that blog is that yes her husband cheated on her but he should be grateful that she stayed because she is now the perfect wife and there is line of men now who would love to step in to fill his shoes. So passive aggressive.

Her male fans are clearly smitten by her and she clearly writes in a way that leads them on. :puke-right:

I always wonder if her husband is ok with the legion of males who worship his wife? I mean sure, I would be fine with it, but it also seems like a rather transparent way for her to seek male attention and adoration. Sort of seems showy of her, like maybe she doesn't truly appreciate her place. Doesn't quite seem like she's changing any ladies minds, just chatting with Lori and preening for her legions of dude fans. I actually applaud her husband for being so secure, considering his record of cheating.

I always wonder if her husband is ok with the legion of males who worship his wife? I mean sure, I would be fine with it, but it also seems like a rather transparent way for her to seek male attention and adoration. Sort of seems showy of her, like maybe she doesn't truly appreciate her place. Doesn't quite seem like she's changing any ladies minds, just chatting with Lori and preening for her legions of dude fans. I actually applaud her husband for being so secure, considering his record of cheating.

He loves it - the other self proclaimed alphas telling him how lucky he is to have such a hot, submissive, wife almost convince him that it's true.

I don't think Sunshine Mary is real. I mean, I think she is a real person but exaggerates and is basically writing fiction for her male fans to get off on.

I really think that she is deliberately building a legion of male fans who masturbate over her writing as revenge for her husband's infidelity. The subtext to that blog is that yes her husband cheated on her but he should be grateful that she stayed because she is now the perfect wife and there is line of men now who would love to step in to fill his shoes. So passive aggressive.

Her male fans are clearly smitten by her and she clearly writes in a way that leads them on. :puke-right:

Yeah, the more I read the comments, the more I felt like the same person was writing them all. I just can't believe that it's possible that there are that many people, with that sick and twisted of a mindset, in existence. Not just in existence, but all reading the same entry on the same blog. Maybe that's naive of me?

Yeah, the more I read the comments, the more I felt like the same person was writing them all. I just can't believe that it's possible that there are that many people, with that sick and twisted of a mindset, in existence. Not just in existence, but all reading the same entry on the same blog. Maybe that's naive of me?

Maybe I've become jaded but I think those comments are from different---and real----people. I think there are plenty of people, some perhaps in moments of frustration, others who are just misogynist, who enjoy reading SSM's blog. Perhaps it feeds their ego or bolster their self-esteem. I don't think there are a lot of men engaged in misogynist behavior (i.e controlling, abusive jerks who forcibly degrade women). However, I think there are plenty of men (and women) who, in the proper environment, will espouse misogynist views. It's like the Mel Gibson effect. Here's a likeable guy who gets along with people, but in a drunken moment, spits out hateful things. SSM's audience may or may not even believe everything said, but it makes them feel good about themselves, and perhaps reinforce what they were taught growing up. I had a good male friend who would boost about his prowess with attracting girls, but when you see him with a girl he likes, he's all puddles. I think that SSM's audience members are like that. They like to fantasize about domestic violence and having a submissive wife, but if they ever get near a girl, I don't think they'll have the courage to act out their beliefs.

Of course, she doesn't bother to post my comment that mature adults would simply point out some stuff online about the problems with sticking knives in dishwashers.

As for appropriate consequences - well, if you let the knives get dull, you have to deal with dull knives. Natural consequences, people.

Does anone know where to find that one paricular post on her blog about her oldest daughter, who is a little math prodigee (to the point of solving math problems for pure fun) and whom she forced out of school and into SOTDRT, because math and girls are a huge NO by her sick book?

Does anone know where to find that one paricular post on her blog about her oldest daughter, who is a little math prodigee (to the point of solving math problems for pure fun) and whom she forced out of school and into SOTDRT, because math and girls are a huge NO by her sick book?

I thought SSM's children were on in public school? Is she really homeschooling now? Thï½ï½”'s sï½ï½„.  Her dï½ï½•ï½‡ï½ˆï½”ers will be surrï½ï½•ï½Žï½„ed by her ï½ï½‰ï½“ï½ï½‡ï½™ï½Žï¼Žã€€ã€€ï¼©ï¼‡ï½–e never heï½ï½’d SSM sï½ï½™ã€€ï½”hï½ï½” her dï½ï½•ï½‡ï½ˆï½”er is ï½ã€€ï½ï½ï½”h ï½ï½’ï½ï½„igy, ï½ï½Œï½”hï½ï½•ï½‡ï½ˆã€€ï½‰ï½†ã€€ï½“he feels ï½ï½“hï½ï½…d ï½ï½†ã€€ï½‰ï½”, she ï½ï½ï½™ã€€ï½Žï½ï½” wï½ï½Žï½” tï½ã€€ï½ˆï½‰ï½‡ï½ˆï½Œï½‰ï½‡ï½ˆï½” it.  

Actually, I don´t know really. I just recall someone on FJ talking about it quite a time ago, but maybe I´m mixing SSM with another creep?

Actually, I don´t know really. I just recall someone on FJ talking about it quite a time ago, but maybe I´m mixing SSM with another creep?

Talk of SSM seems to ALWAYS pique my curiosity meter, so I spent the last hour or so looking for blog posts where she mentions the math prodigy daughter and homeschooling her daughters, etc.

I found this FJ comment posting, perhaps this is the one that you're referring to?

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 40#p628793 (not breaking the link because it's FJ)

She homeschooled one of her daughters last year b/c the kid is supposedly a genius and didn't do well in public school. This year she's said they all go to Christian school. But, she is selling her home and rental property to move to the countryside and will homeschool if the Christian school is too far away.

Anyhow, I only found this one comment post of SSM's where she mentions that they attend Christian school, that she is homeschooling one of her daughters (she doesn't say why or which of the daughters it is), and then states that she will homeschool all of them if it's too far to drive to the school after they move.

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/the-feminist-obsession-with-transgender-children/#comment-27561

It's within the comments section of this SSM blog posting that she makes mention of the daughter that is the prodigy (the eldest daughter), and how although she wishes that that daughter would choose to marry, rather than go to college or university, and use her intellectual skills when raising lots of children, she's afraid that she is too strong-willed to be an appropriate, submissive wife. Nevertheless, they will try to train her to be properly submissive.

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/should-girls-go-to-college-to-get-their-mrs-degree/

Here is a portion of some of her comments:

[ssm]

[ssm]

[ssm]

[ssm]

Sure, I’ll explain. My preference is for her to marry. In order to do that, she needs to learn to bridle her will and submit to authority. If she can’t do that, then I don’t think she will be a suitable wife. I wouldn’t wish an overly willful wife on a man, unless of course he’s truly up to the challenge. However, Deti’s recent comment about how he is training his teenaged daughter to accept male authority by ordering her to do simple tasks for him was quite wise, and I read it to my husband. We will certainly do our best to help her see that she needs to learn to be more submissive. If we succeed, then I hope she will marry.

Oh wow, THANK YOU Pam! What beverage do you prefer after diving down that hellhole of SSM´s blog? :ew:

Does anyone know if CPS at the state SSM lives in would consider emails from overseas? I literally cried, that poor children! :(

Oh wow, THANK YOU Pam! What beverage do you prefer after diving down that hellhole of SSM´s blog? :ew:

LOL!! You're welcome! A plain ole cuppa English Breakfast Tea does the trick.

Does anyone know if CPS at the state SSM lives in would consider emails from overseas? I literally cried, that poor children! :(

Now THAT I don't know

Sounds like SSM has a daughter who will not fit into the submissive mode. What's worse, she may actually enjoy some intellectual pursuits. I can't tell if her daughter is truly a math prodigy but it sounds like the daughter enjoys math. Quite a shame SSM is such a misogynist. It's almost like SSM is saying that if her daughter doesn't submit to authority, said daughter will be marriageable and SSM will be forced to let her daughter into college. If that's the case, I hope SSM's eldest will continue to "rebel" and excel in school and leave her parents.

It disturbs me that SSM is already objectifying and sexualizing her young (13-14 yo ?) daughter by evaluating her "marriageability" on a public blog. Especially given that SSM's blog is a pit filled with horny misogynists who salivate over the mere mention of young virgins being trained to be submissive. While SSM's language may have been considered appropriate 200 years ago when describing a "willful" young woman who needs to be "tamed", now that language is clearly used in a kinky sexual sense. It is concerning that SSM is extending her bedroom BDSM kink into her goals for her kid.

Also, I'm not sure why these red pillers think that in a marriage one partner has to be dominant all the time, and the other is submissive all the time. Why does one partner always have to be the leader and the other a follower? Why can't SSM's daughter marry someone and have a functional relationship where both are willing to compromise and treat each other with respect? Why does she have to marry someone who will "dominate" her and force her to be submissive?

I have no idea how I gave birth to this person

:wtf: Any mother who says that doesn't deserve kids!

I've heard mothers say that affectionately about kids who are very different from themselves. Never in the context of why their young teenager will never be submissive enough to be "eligible" for marriage though.

On the bright side, if they don't break her will (and it sounds like they didn't get full on crazy about misogyny and religion til the last few years, so she had ten years of relative normality) she'll go off to college and meet a man (or woman) she actually likes instead of being set up in an arranged marriage with some asshole HHG finds for her like her sisters.

I wonder how easy it would be for SSM and HHG to select godly dominant asshole husbands for their daughters. It is hard enough for families like the Botkins and the Duggars to marry off their daughters, and the Duggar's criteria for a possible courtship seems way less intense than what I imagine SSM's is like.

• 2 weeks later...

Some families say things like this with affection. It just looks weird in print because there is no inflection.

SSM creeps me out. I clicked on this thread because I thought "so?" on the dishwasher. Then I realized that it's not about the dishwasher. "Taming" your daughter is Creepy. Preferring she raise children over education is weird. Why would you want your child to not achieve all she can do? UGH THESE PEOPLE.

Well Sunshine Scary, I could tell you how you have birth to "that person." It all began when you and HHG walked into the bedroom...

Is she the one who said that if her children disobeyed, she would rather wish they weren't born, or was that Lori? I have trouble telling them apart.

Archived