IGNORED

Kombucha Klatch

Peas n carrots

Any other lovers of the fermented tea out there? Does anyone brew there own? Here is the thread for all things kombucha.

*I'm a lover of the drink for its taste, not because I'm a person who believes it has magical healing properties.

I recently started brewing my own kombucha, and have successfully made some green and black tea kombucha. I'm thinking of starting to get into recipes...if anyone has any recommendations feel free to post!

• 5 weeks later...

Oh god yes. I do home-brew some just for cost-efficiency, but I still think commercial is way better than mine. My favorite is Synergy's Cherry Chia, even my booch-hating husband thinks it's "okay". I don't believe kombucha/kefir/whatnot has magic properties either, although anecdotally the bacteria seems to ease my lactose intolerance. I just like weird drinks.

What teas do you use and where do you get them? I'm using loose Numi gunpowder green, I experimented with some other brands I used to drink and they made their mother-ling go off. The Teavana batch was... scary. Whoops. When they say "use organic tea", they mean it. I grew my original mother from a raw commercial bottle, and so far so good, but I'd like to try making kombucha sweetened with honey and I've heard that takes a different strain?

I'm still pretty much a newbie at this. I keep trying out secondary brew stuff (adding fruit and letting it sit in the fridge for a day or two) and I'm having very mixed results.

Archived