IGNORED

Autism and Dementia are God’s Punishment

Californiacicle

So how would these people explain that my mother's cousin who was a fundy pastor for many years is spending his life caring for his modesty-loving skirts-wearing-only formerly fundy wife who has Alzheimer's? What exactly is God punishing this couple for?

BTW...he doesn't put skirts on her anymore. It is easier to dress her in pants. And he doesn't go to fundy church anymore for reasons he has never said. He goes to a rather liberal mainline Protestant church. This post makes me wonder even more what those reasons are.

I think that some of the fundies think that the whole country is suffering from autism and dementia because the country as a whole allows gay marriage/abortion. That is why it is "our" business what other people do regarding being gay or having abortion-- cause god will punish us for allowing others to live outside fundie rules.

The other option I've heard from fundie radio, and more in the last few years, is that disease may mean god is punishing and individual for a hidden/secret sin and "you know what you did."

Both are manipulative and cruel and very political.

Perhaps he's forgotten that his party's idol, Ronald Reagan, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease...

Nancy Reagan's response to this candidate's putrid views is a total "Bitch, please."

120523021139-nancy-reagan-1980s-story-top.jpg

Please tell me she has a Facebook page?

So god decided that as punishment for gay marriage, my beautiful, fun, caring, loving, partially sighted, autistic daughter should be born?

Well good! She's the best thing that ever happened to me. And I'm convinced that with her incredible determination to make the most of all life throws at her, that she'll go a long way.

So fuck you, you ignorant bitch. My daughter is worth a thousand of you.

No, no Facebook page :(

Archived