IGNORED

90 Day Fiance on TLC

keen23

12 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Probably the biggest train wreck couple is that guy Jorge with that Russian gold digger. Anyone else would have had red flags when someone changed their e-mail password, deleted their iPhone, and canceled their flight, but he's so desperate, he ignores those signs. There's a good chance he's going to lose everything once she gets that green card and files for divorce.

Not to be stereotypical but I'm Russian. I've seen it happen a lot. He's the biggest idiot in the world to have fallen for that. He mentioned he has 5 sisters. How he doesn't know women by now I have no idea. I've honestly seen this scenario a lot. American finds girl online, girl is mail ordered here, gets green card, guy doesn't have a $1 to his name. Very common. He's going to lose everything and she might dig something up with that weed business and put him in jail. 

• Upvote 3

I dont understand why, if he's willing to blow that much cash, he cant find a nice trophy bride here thats willing to mooch off of his money and not really love him.  I know a lot of it is editing, but the things she's done are beyond red flags - they're downright illegal.

• Upvote 2

On 2016-09-19 at 10:25 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

Probably the biggest train wreck couple is that guy Jorge with that Russian gold digger. Anyone else would have had red flags when someone changed their e-mail password, deleted their iPhone, and canceled their flight, but he's so desperate, he ignores those signs. There's a good chance he's going to lose everything once she gets that green card and files for divorce.

I felt bad for him until I had re-watched an episode because I had missed parts of it while cooking dinner. He said something along the lines of that American women consider themselves independent and feminists and that he was looking for someone he could take care of. Gag me. Sucker gets what he deserves in my opinion. 

• Upvote 9

Three hours of hate-watching.  Quasi watching.  Have to hand it to TLC for finding some of the most gullible, clueless, desperate people in America.

Mr MM told me I finally found a show he hates.  (But we have separate TVs, so it's all good.)

Nicole is really pissing me off.  She clearly did NO research into Azan's culture, religion, or beliefs, nor does she respect them in any way.  She looks absolutely ridiculous sitting there in his parent's house wearing jean shorts with all the women around him wearing head coverings.   He's obviously uncomfortable with her behavior.

How do you expect to marry someone when you cant be bothered to behave in even the slightest bit respectfully?  I'm not saying she needs to cover herself completely, but atleast understand that you cant suck on to someone like a 15 year old.

• Upvote 4

I so agree with you about Nicole and Azan, she is whining and hanging on him, which is just annoying to watch.  I had the same thought when I saw her with his family, it felt very disrespectful to me, both how she was dressed and her actions.   Clearly she had internet access, in order to meet him, maybe she could have "googled" a  little bit about his culture.  And then the whole thing about her cheating on him?  What a train wreck. I also don't even think he's into her at all, so there's that too. Sheesh. 

• Upvote 2

I'm so hooked on this season. I just can't look away from the train wreck that is Nicole. She's the kind of person that goes overseas and people look at her and say all Americans are stupid. I've traveled quite a bit and the stereotype is widespread. People are always surprised to meet Americans that are knowledgeable in cultures. 

But aside from that, HOW DO YOU GO TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND NOT DO A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH?!?!?!?! She even admitted she didn't google anything. You're going to a Muslim country and bring tops with cut outs and sleeveless. I wouldn't go there but that's a personal choice. You have to know what you're getting your self into!!!! Food, language, culture, it's all apart of someones life. It's the person you say you love and want to marry, you have to learn these things. And if I hear her whine about being hungry again, I'll smack her through to TV. You come here to NYC, you can walk around topless, I guarantee no one will even notice. You go to Morocco, you don't ask for a hot dog! And at least pretend to care about local customs and drape a scarf around your neck. 

• Upvote 7

It's almost surreal!  Doesn't she have a family or friends to at least suggest that she try to bring some culturally appropriate outfits, etc...?  I think that you can dress really nicely, but in a way that's respectful to the place you're visiting.  And, I'm sorry, but to travel to Morocco and think you're going to be eating chicken fingers, fries and mac and cheese????  Really??  I still don't really see them as a couple, what do y'all think?  His affection for her seems very forced, and his comment on the first episode that he didn't realize about her size.  What in the world, weren't they skyping, I mean, how could he not have a pretty good idea of what she looked like?  I am embarrassed to admit that I'm hopelessly fascinated with this relationship. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

It's almost surreal!  Doesn't she have a family or friends to at least suggest that she try to bring some culturally appropriate outfits, etc...?  I think that you can dress really nicely, but in a way that's respectful to the place you're visiting.  And, I'm sorry, but to travel to Morocco and think you're going to be eating chicken fingers, fries and mac and cheese????  Really??  I still don't really see them as a couple, what do y'all think?  His affection for her seems very forced, and his comment on the first episode that he didn't realize about her size.  What in the world, weren't they skyping, I mean, how could he not have a pretty good idea of what she looked like?  I am embarrassed to admit that I'm hopelessly fascinated with this relationship. 

You know what's made it worse? She left her toddler at home!! She left for 5 weeks to a foreign country without researching customs and left her less than 2 year old at home. I'm sorry but that to me screams 'unfit'. 

Oh and he doesn't give 2 shits about her. He looks constipated every time she tries to touch him. He's stated that he wants a wife that works out and cooks. He's clearly just in it to trick the stupid American into giving him a green card.

Edited by OyToTheVey
  • Upvote 6

I just dont get his family being so happy with her.  That seems really odd... she shows up, isnt muslim, dresses in an offensive manner, doesnt honor their culture, couldnt be bothered to learn a SINGLE WORD of their language to say "hello..." and they like her?  Something is very odd.

I'm also not really understanding the relationships that existed pre TLC and the ones that TLC is clearly along for the foreign visit.  In cases where TLC is there I dont really know that they even have the visa that the show requires.  Do people log on and say "I'd like to get a fiance visa so pay for it, please?"

• Upvote 6

Omg, yes, leaving that little one for so long, definitely some red flags there for me as well. 

I agree that it seemed so strange how his family seemed so happy?  Maybe they are just happy that he will be going to America?  Very odd indeed. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/27/2016 at 9:53 AM, OyToTheVey said:

You know what's made it worse? She left her toddler at home!! She left for 5 weeks to a foreign country without researching customs and left her less than 2 year old at home. I'm sorry but that to me screams 'unfit'. 

Oh and he doesn't give 2 shits about her. He looks constipated every time she tries to touch him. He's stated that he wants a wife that works out and cooks. He's clearly just in it to trick the stupid American into giving him a green card.

To me, it's Danielle and Mohamed 2.0, but in this case, she didn't bother to do just the tiniest amount of research before going to a foreign country for 5 weeks. I also think it's strange that his family was so happy with her, as it was obvious she wasn't Muslim, and didn't even try to show interest in Moroccan culture. Anyone else would have looked at Morocco as a chance to experience a different culture, and would have brought more appropriate clothing for the trip.

• Upvote 2

Maybe that suggests that they see her as a means to an end.  JMO and I didn't watch the show.

This season is disastrously appealing. Anfisa gives me life, and I'm here for her antics! She's a topnotch player with gullible Jorge as her mark. Dude is either too stupid to read the signs, or he's enjoying her domination. I honestly think it's the latter. He's a sucker for taking her on lavish vacations around the world. Girlfriend ain't staying in no budget hotel, she knows her worth at $10,000/mo. I wanna see how this plays out. She'll be on to the next when he can no longer provide material goods, cash, or cosmetic surgeries.

Watching Nicole play the childish ugly American is getting my pressure up. Azan doesn't skeeve me out like Mo. Her PDA was very offensive to Azan's culture. I'm kinda wishy washy on where he stands. Was he really into her before he laid eyes on her in person? Is he seeing this through for the opportunity to help his family financially once he gets a green card? Isn't he personal trainer? Her refusal to try vegetables has to be a turnoff. This dude ain't down for french fries and soda.  

The Ukrainian with the Jerk drives me nuts. I hate him, his family, and friends. She can get better. I don't think the small town will give her what she or her son needs. The Atlanta/DR couple are a snoozefest. Is her apartment a converted hotel? Why is the bed just off the front door? The girl is very pretty, and I can't see how her family believes this tale. I was :pb_surprised: when she was grinding on random guys in the club. The whole Spring Break trip seemed like it was done for the narrative.

• Upvote 6

Danielle is a damn mess. And for Nicole to just leave her baby like that...

• Upvote 3

The new couple tho... can we just take a minute to realize that someone actually believed the Nigerian prince story?!? 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

The new couple tho... can we just take a minute to realize that someone actually believed the Nigerian prince story?!? 

If that one is for realz and not a scripted story with actors who are okay being portrayed as stupid, I will cry. 

• Upvote 4

I'm not gonna post spoilers but if anyone is interested Stargasm just released spoilers. They did some digging.

• Upvote 3

On 10/1/2016 at 3:34 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

To me, it's Danielle and Mohamed 2.0, but in this case, she didn't bother to do just the tiniest amount of research before going to a foreign country for 5 weeks. I also think it's strange that his family was so happy with her, as it was obvious she wasn't Muslim, and didn't even try to show interest in Moroccan culture. Anyone else would have looked at Morocco as a chance to experience a different culture, and would have brought more appropriate clothing for the trip.

This took 30 seconds of googling

https://www.roughguides.com/destinations/africa/morocco/culture-etiquette/

Moroccans are extremely hospitable and very tolerant. Though most people are religious, they are generally easy-going, and most young Moroccan women don’t wear a veil, though they may well wear a headscarf. Nonetheless, you should try not to affront people’s religious beliefs, especially those of older, more conservative people, by, for example, wearing skimpy clothes, kissing and cuddling in public, or eating or smoking in the street during Ramadan.

Clothes are particularly important: many Moroccans, especially in rural areas, may be offended by clothes that do not fully cover parts of the body considered “private”, including both legs and shoulders, especially for women. It is true that in cities Moroccan women wear short-sleeved tops and knee-length skirts (and may suffer more harassment as a result), and men may wear sleeveless T-shirts and above-the-knee shorts. However, the Muslim idea of “modest dress” (such as would be acceptable in a mosque, for example) requires women to be covered from wrist to ankle, and men from over the shoulder to below the knee. In rural areas at least, it is a good idea to follow these codes, and definitely a bad idea for women to wear shorts or skirts above the knee, or for members of either sex to wear sleeveless T-shirts or very short shorts. Even ordinary T-shirts may be regarded as underwear, particularly in rural mountain areas. The best guide is to note how Moroccans dress locally.

Yup.  30 seconds.  It seems all she brought were tank tops.  I was glad to see him standing up to her a bit this week, but in the previews its clear that the vacation continues, so I'm guessing that was staged too.  Its time to send her home!

I really dont like most of the couples this year.  The fake student visa girl is an immature idiot and the guy with the Ukranian is a possessive douche.  I'm actually routing for the woman believing the nigerian prince story to get stood up.

• Upvote 3

On 10/3/2016 at 6:45 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Oh dear friend, you would be surprised. I came to the US as a citizen's spouse, so I hung out at visa websites with other folks in similar situations. Our regular OMFG YOU CAN'T BE THAT STUPID were, in no particular order (and without meaning to offend any real-in-love couples out there):

~Philippine women that looked like 12 year olds marrying hillbilly grandpas (insert trailer park's greatest hits here)

~Western European ladies marrying Daddy Warbucks (and a few leaving them THE DAY of citizenship ceremony for -gasp!, another WOMAN)

~African men marrying ladies of considerable weight and age. My Nigerian/Ethiopian/Moroccan/whatever PRINCE stories. 

It was so freaking sad you guys. Some of these folks really could not be more stupid.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, seattlechic said:

Oh dear friend, you would be surprised. I came to the US as a citizen's spouse, so I hung out at visa websites with other folks in similar situations. Our regular OMFG YOU CAN'T BE THAT STUPID were, in no particular order (and without meaning to offend any real-in-love couples out there):

~Philippine women that looked like 12 year olds marrying hillbilly grandpas (insert trailer park's greatest hits here)

~Western European ladies marrying Daddy Warbucks (and a few leaving them THE DAY of citizenship ceremony for -gasp!, another WOMAN)

~African men marrying ladies of considerable weight and age. My Nigerian/Ethiopian/Moroccan/whatever PRINCE stories. 

It was so freaking sad you guys. Some of these folks really could not be more stupid.

LMAO well tbh I'm Russian living in Brooklyn, I've seen quite a few gullible Americans bringing Russian girls over here and getting screwed pretty badly. Not in a good way either! But I'm always surprised at how stupid people are. Stupid and naive. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

LMAO well tbh I'm Russian living in Brooklyn, I've seen quite a few gullible Americans bringing Russian girls over here and getting screwed pretty badly. Not in a good way either! But I'm always surprised at how stupid people are. Stupid and naive. 

Inorite???????????? Good for them I say. Good for the gals that is. If someone is stupid enough to believe in true love when it's evident that ain't either true or love, they are begging to be swindled. The stupid. It burns. 

• Upvote 1

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyyy.

Nicole seems like a spoiled brat who probably would do what she wanted even if she researched. Azan doesn't seem like too bad of a guy. He never critized her weight and even suggested they go to a gym together (which I think is a respectful thing to say to address her weight issue) but of course she took offense. She is so disrespectful to his culture. She is soooo clingy. She should have had him come to America if she couldn't help herself like that.

Anfisa is a butterface manipulator. Jorge is a douchey idiot. Let the dramatics begin! (Side note - why is Jorge pronounced like George??)

What about the guy who has been married 3 times before?!?! Like wth. I don't even know what to think of his soon-to-be-wife yet.

And jesus, Chantel, I can't believe that girl is my age. She seems 18 in the way she acts. She wants to marry Pedro but she is scared of and is avoiding telling her parents she is engaged and she doesn't want to give up hard partying where she is clearly grinding up on other dudes. She just seems sooo immature. I think this is a disaster waiting to happen. Also, how are her and Pedro affording to rent a place by themselves???

• Upvote 2

What's up with Nicole shoving Azan? Red flags! Anfisa continues to be awesome in her conspicuous distaste for Jorge. Dude must be whipped. Alla needs to take Max and run. Her guy is controlling. He's threatened by a girl's night out.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

What's up with Nicole shoving Azan? Red flags! Anfisa continues to be awesome in her conspicuous distaste for Jorge. Dude must be whipped. Alla needs to take Max and run. Her guy is controlling. He's threatened by a girl's night out.

I dont find Anfisa even a little attractive, and he choice of clothing is not really all that flattering.  I just dont get him, the whole "weed entrepreneur" has some serious holes in it.

• Upvote 3