IGNORED

90 Day Fiance on TLC

keen23

I binge-watched this the other day, and ended up playing armchair psychiatrist.

ALL of the American men, are give me the creeps, in some way,shape, or form. They all have that "you will do anything and everything I say, or I will have you deported" vibe about them. If they behave in real life, like they do on the show, it's no wonder they had to find someone, half-way across the globe. They are all, nothing more, than overgrown man-children. Mark and Fernando, also seem like misogynistic, control freaks as well. Seriously, if I were Nikki, and got woken up by that damn train whistle, Mark would be farting that sound, until the end of his days, because I would have shoved it so far up his....

I think the two American women, are more dickmatized, than anything else. Both of them just come off, like they had really good sex over their respective vacations, and "fell in luuurve", with their vacation flings. I have decided, that Loren, will make this show, a good drinking show. I'm going to take a shot, every time she cries, or is on the verge of tears. So I won't be watching episodes, until the weekend.

As for the fiances, I feel bad for Aleksandra, Noon, and Alexei. Poor Aleksandra, and the whole Mormon thing. Poor Noon, for having to spend one second in that roach house. Poor Alexei, for being saddled with that histrionic Loren.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am addicted to this show-  I really like Noon and thought it was sweet that Aleksandra's family was so included in her wedding ceremony.  Fernando is just an overgrown teenager to me.  

Mark is such a creep.  He wants to date a teenager but then gets annoyed when she acts like a listless, moody girl who doesn't yet know what she wants out of life. Of course I believe that his property and retirement should be shielded but giving her nothing in the pre-nup just shows how controlling he will be.  He strikes me as the type that will be counting the change after she comes home from the grocery store and checking the odometer on the car.

• Upvote 3

Agreed. Noon comes off as genuine. Her marriage ceremony was very sweet.

Loren? Ugh. Alexei wants to help people as part of some type of rescue squad....and Loren wants him to model.

• Upvote 2

I feel so bad for Aleksandra. Everytime she expresses doubts about her new life here I want to tell her to run with that feeling. I like Noon, she seems very genuine. I can't stand Loren or her parents really. I get shivers of disgust when I think about the way Mark treats Nikki. I am pretty grossed out by Fernando and his cheating. I only think Noon and Kyle should marry. Poor Kyle, his mom is awful. 

• Upvote 3

I was actually surprised at how happy Josh and Alexsandra seemed.  All the couples seemed to be doing better than I expected except Nikki and Mark.  My creep radar just goes off everytime I see him.  Also, I noticed that he was just sitting so uncomfortably close to  Nikki during the Tell-All.  I was thinking- Is he afraid she is going to get away from him?  He just seems so posessive and controlling, he kept talking over Nikki and answering for her.  I think Nikki will stay with him for several years and then hopefully can make a break for it while she is still in her 20's.  

• Upvote 5

Last night was the first time I watched the show and I immediately got the skeeve factor the second I saw Mark. He seemed very controlling, to the point where the host had to keep telling him " I was asking Nicki. I want to hear it from her."  She genuinely looks miserable. He's old enough to be her father (at the very least)  I really think the not wanting children is going to weigh heavily on her. Not to mention his " She will be fine as long as she lives under my roof" Who says that about their wife? 

• Upvote 4

Loren looked completely disgusted by Mark.  Mark was definitely the most disturbing one of the bunch.

The other couples struck me as being reasonably genuine.

• Upvote 6

Also, when Mark was ranting about how he had taken 100+ women out on these lavish first dates, showed up with a dozen long stem roses, etc. and each date was a total trainwreck.  Uhmmm- yeah! He doesn't even realize that a first date is to get to know the other person and being so over the top just shows that you want to tilt the power dynamic completely in your favor.  

Mark thinks that Nikki is after his money- he is soooo wrong!  His house looked like it was not well maintained at all and his dining set consisted of 6 matching metal folding chairs.  I just thought it was bizarre that he was yammering on about his property like that.  It's not that I am saying that he should be showering her with gifts and have a lot of money- but a lot of little clues were popping up that he just doesn't put a lot of effort into things.  My heart breaks for Nikki.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2015 at 0:28 PM, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

My heart breaks for Nikki.  

Mine, too.  She should have not signed the pre nup and she should have gone back home.  Situation might not be ideal at home, but if she still wants to find a foreign mate, she can go back to the search. 

She wants kids and he does not.  THAT is a MAJOR deal breaker. 

Add that to his weird controlling (DON'T TOUCH THE WINDOWS")  and his damn eye rolling  when confronted on the tell-all special - well, RUN NIKKI RUN!!

• Upvote 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2016 at 3:17 PM, Kira said:

Season 4 of "90 Day Fiance" AND a spinoff featuring couples from the first three seasons will premeire on Sept. 11

http://www.thewrap.com/90-day-fiance-after-show-tlc/

:trainwreck:           :Yes:      :popcorn:

Can I just say how happy I am that Danielle and Mohammad are on the update show. It's a fucking trainwreck I can't wait to watch.

9 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Can I just say how happy I am that Danielle and Mohammad are on the update show. It's a fucking trainwreck I can't wait to watch.

Same here, you know it's going to be a huge trainwreck.:TrainWreckMotion:

• Upvote 2

Welp, I'm starting this train-wreck of a show. Sister Wives is done for the season, so I needed some other garbage to watch. This will do nicely. 

I'm starting on season 3 since it was pretty easy to find online. I actually think the mormon boy and the Russian girl are pretty cute, but like the rest of you, I'm about to barf every time Mark and Nikki are on screen. I feel so sorry for her, and for Mark's daughter. I just watched the "Don't touch the windows" moment, and all I could think was "WHY ARE YOU DATING A 19 YEAR OLD?!" when he was talking about how she was immature. They are just totally wrong for each other. She won't stay with him, and he's going to have to deal with another woman leaving him. 

Melanie and Devar are an interesting case too. I think she has a lot of reason to worry about him adjusting to being a father figure, and since that seems to be whats most important to her, I just have a feeling they're headed for disaster. 

Should I go back and watch the first two seasons too? Is it worth it? 

Edited by IreneIssh

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone else saw the preview, but this coming season is going to be the biggest :TrainWreckMotion:.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we are off to the races with 90 Day Fiance.... anyone else watching.....?  Favorite new couple so far?  

I'm a horrible friend. I introduced the show to my best friend. And she's marathoned it in 3 days lol She hates me for it. But is highly amused.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2014 at 10:50 PM, MsSaylor said:

I actually think Russ and pao had the most chemistry and they grew on me for sure.

Please tell me you watched that disaster last night? I can't believe what I saw. It's too weird even for me.

• Upvote 1

Probably the biggest train wreck couple is that guy Jorge with that Russian gold digger. Anyone else would have had red flags when someone changed their e-mail password, deleted their iPhone, and canceled their flight, but he's so desperate, he ignores those signs. There's a good chance he's going to lose everything once she gets that green card and files for divorce.

• Upvote 3