IGNORED

90 Day Fiance on TLC

keen23

I actually think Russ and pao had the most chemistry and they grew on me for sure.

Pao and Aziza are pretty much polar opposites, aren't they?

I'm sad that this show is over! I mean...I would like to see more from the couples featured. I feel really bad for Kirilyam, she's such a sweetheart and so gorgeous but naive enough to marry that pasty control freak douchebag :(

Aziza I think is really shy and probably has bad anxiety, that combined with being Russian makes her seem like a cold heartless bitch but she really isn't. Her new husband though makes me want to throw up in my mouth every time I see him, besides his physical unattractiveness he just gives off that creeper/desperate vibe.

I'm sad that this show is over! I mean...I would like to see more from the couples featured. I feel really bad for Kirilyam, she's such a sweetheart and so gorgeous but naive enough to marry that pasty control freak douchebag :(

Aziza I think is really shy and probably has bad anxiety, that combined with being Russian makes her seem like a cold heartless bitch but she really isn't. Her new husband though makes me want to throw up in my mouth every time I see him, besides his physical unattractiveness he just gives off that creeper/desperate vibe.

I totally agree about Aziza and her husband. He gives me major creepy vibes. When I first started watching the show, I definitely thought Aziza was cold but now I realized that she was just feeling lonely and probably still in shock from making such a drastic move. I still don't think she's madly in love with him, though. I definitely think one of the main reasons she is marrying him is for a green card, but hopefully not.

Yeah I agree the green card is at least part of it, but after watching all the episodes I did feel like they were at least good friends with each other...as opposed to the first episode where it really seemed like she despised him lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Aziza should try smiling once in awhile.

I can't imagine Alan is good in the sack.

I like Louis and aya

Yes but she's Russian, and in Russia, Ukraine, etc it's a cultural thing to not smile in public: save your smiles only for friends & family. (I have to explain this a lot to people since I moved to Canada from Ukraine :roll: )

I loved Kirylam (however you spell it), she was so sweet, innocent and beautiful, but holy fuck if that guy she married ever creepy! Totally gave me the shivers. :ew:

• 6 months later...

Was I the only one yelling at Danielle last night?? How can that mother of 4 teenage and adult kids think that Mohamand really wants to marry her? I know she should know better and I should not feel bad for her since she is an adult but it was hard to watch a grown women have this young guy who won't answer his phone come live in a home with her 3 daughters. I do not see her story ending well.

I know some of the show is scripted or they have to do recreations or have talks with friends set up but this is one show that has me hooked.

• Upvote 1

Yeah poor Danielle...wow.

And what was up with the guy and girl from the Philippines. Why were all his friends 60 year old women? Daya was a huge bitch and has no interest in him. She's not going to be impressed with the living arrangement either. Some interesting couples that's for sure.

i don't watch any tv, so i hadn't heard anything about this. what is the premise? that people get engaged within 90 days of meeting or something? if so, fiance and i fit the bill on that one... :shhh:

They develop a relationship somehow, then she comes to the US on a K-1 visa and they have 90 days to get married.

It's quite creepy how young the girls are, at least in the episode or two I watched last week.

Yeah. Can't even speak English.

Yeah poor Danielle...wow.

And what was up with the guy and girl from the Philippines. Why were all his friends 60 year old women? Daya was a huge bitch and has no interest in him. She's not going to be impressed with the living arrangement either. Some interesting couples that's for sure.

The guy said he worked for the airline industry (Boeing) with those women. All I could think of were those the "women" that made Steve Maxwell leave his career! I wonder if the 2 women he lived with were a couple? His mom looked younger then his females friends. His laugh was so weird and nervous. You could tell he was bitter that his wife left with his daughter and he thought by going overseas he could find a good loyal wife. His fiancé did not seem happy to see him, her body language was sure screaming volumes

They develop a relationship somehow, then she comes to the US on a K-1 visa and they have 90 days to get married.

It's quite creepy how young the girls are, at least in the episode or two I watched last week.

Yeah. Can't even speak English.

ohhhhh okay. so, basically, mail order brides and grooms, more or less?

• Upvote 2

Yeah the women he lived with were totally A couple in my estimation. Daya literally didn't even hug him back in the first moments of seeing each other...not a good sign. And if she was that pissed off about the flowers how is she going to feel about the living sit.?

ohhhhh okay. so, basically, mail order brides and grooms, more or less?

Think so, have never figured out how these relationships get started. From what I've seen, there is already an intent to marry before the person gets to the US.

I don't think I am going be able to watch this show.

About ten years ago there was a scandal in this neck of the woods because there was someone actually brokering mail order brides, which must be against the law in these parts.

A few years later, I was attending Catholic RCIA classes. There were about three couples that may have been brokered. The man was older, at least 40-50, blue collar types. The wives were very young, in their 20's, spoke broken English.. and wow the vibe these couples gave off. It was very uncomfortable to be around them.

The wives did not speak to anyone except her husband. If the facilitator asked any a question, the husband would answer. The wives stared at the table, I don't think they ever looked up at all. Except maybe when they were trotting around getting coffee and donuts for their husbands. Interestedly, none of these had children together.

It was difficult for me to talk to these men. I avoided them as much as possible. I tried to engage the girls with something as simple as a smile but I could never get them to look at me.

I did feel that their very presence indicted me as an American female. That I was too brazen, too American and certainly not desirable as a marriage partner. The wives quiet and submission unnerved me, as did the lack of eye contact.

I did not know which was the Catholic partner, if any.

The whole mail order concept really creeps me, if anything is worse than fundie-ism, that is it.

• Upvote 1

Ooh I just started watching this show last week! I caught the marathon and was hooked.

What about the jerk gym teacher?! What a dick! He just wants a sexy maid, imo. He was a creeper. And the way his friend described him as some playboy? Gross.

Oh man, this season is going to be even crazier than the last. You bet I'm going to end up watching it. Daya is going to sh-t herself when she realizes that she's going to be living with the Golden girls.

I'm so so glad they included two American women's stories as well. I think Chelsea and Yamir are really cute and seem well-suited for one another. But I can imagine that Yamir will have a really hard time adjusting as there probably isn't a thriving Spanish-speaking community in her small home town. Danielle and Mohamed... they're just... wow. Normally I'd be cheering on the fact that an older, not-conventionally-beautiful woman has nabbed a really handsome young man but it is obvious that she is being played. I am looking forward to see how their story unfolds and if they ended up getting married. I'm tempted to google around and see if I can find out before the end of the season actually airs.

The other stories are kind of "meh" and boring in comparison, in my opinion. I'll definitely be watching, though!

Edit: I've found her on facebook and have been scrolling through all of her posts for some kind of clues. There's a whole lot of those shared photos with quotes about losing someone you love, broken hearts, etc. so.... yeah. And someone commented on her picture back in Sept. asking if she had gotten married yet but she says she can't tell because of the show. Drats.

Wow! This show did not disappoint. What a hot mess of bad decisions. Boy band guy was a cutie, but chances are slim he will thrive without his family & band mates. Danielle is off in a bless her heart Priscilla Keller way. She's an easy mark. I fear for her girls. She's the type I can see marrying a guy serving life.

It's a shame because Daniele seems like a very nice lady. I wish she had found someone who might actually be a good match for her.

I'm glad her son called Mohammed out. I wish Daniele's brother and sister-in-law had also done the same.

• 3 weeks later...

All the weirdest couples on this show come from Ohio :( Last season we had Mike, this season Danielle. SPOILER cleverer people than I have confirmed Danielle marries him END SPOILER.

Daya is a class A beeyotch. Sure honey, you want to verify the diamond is real to protect his reputation? That makes sense how?

I think Cassia will be the runaway psycho of the show. If I remember correctly she is nearly twenty years younger than her guy and in one episode has already brought the drama. Love how the very first thing she did was ask him when she could start modeling.

Poor Yamie, he seems like a sweetie.

This show is all sorts of crazy. These people must be absolutely desperate (or delusional) to think these women from overseas actually want to marry them for love. Maybe I'm wrong- but it's all in the body language. I think Chelsea and Yamir and Daniel and Amy have the best chances for making it- but they also both seem to have spent a decent amount of time with each other prior to them coming to the US.

And Danielle- oh goodness, she's a hot mess!! She is way more into Mohammad than he is into her- again, body language speaks VOLUMES!! She grates my nerve- so whiny and clingy and just ugh!! She's just dripping with desperation.

As much of a train wreck that this show is- I'm hooked!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally caught up on back episodes of this show (first season I'm watching it). Fun train wreck in many cases. Jason and Cassia are so terrible I don't actually enjoy watching them, but the others range from sweet (Yamir and Chelsea); to sweet and clueless (Amy - sweet, Daniel (? blanking on his name..) - kind of clueless); to seriously clueless (Danielle, Brett). Not a fan of Daya.... I don't know if the producers are deliberately telling her to question the ring, or deliberately telling the little girl to act up to create some drama... I kind of suspect that's the case, which is annoying. I hate that they are messing with the little girl's family situation that way, and it seems kind of exploitative of her. What kind of idiot dad brings his fiancee over without securing a spare bedroom for his daughter first? And then the other 2.... seem like a good couple, but again, I think the producers are provoking drama by inciting the evil sister-in-law to ask all of those rude questions. It doesn't seem natural.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is addicted to this delicious trainwreck. I'm really raising my eyebrows at more than one couple this time around.

I love Amy it's a shame I get a Pecan Thief vibe off her fiancée Danny. It's also sad that Danny's Dad is still living in Alabama in 1960.

Danielle and Mohammed. Wow. I can't say it'll end in tears because she punctuates all her sentences in tears. I think Mohammed is committed to the con and Danielle is besotted enough to forgive him anything.

Chelsea and Yamir. Ffs Chelsea he gave up his Nicaraguan Backstreet Boys tribute band for you. Move to Chicago for him because I don't think talent scouts troll open mic night at pizza joints in Illinois backwaters.

Justin and Evelin. Justin is a Summers Eve but kind of hot and Evelin is too good for him. Justin's bitch sister-in-law is awesome and needs her own show.

Cassia and Jason. Jason drives an El Camino. Cassia doesn't seem to mind. This might actually be true love. Jason's ever swiffering in the background Dad is awesome.

Daya and Brett. Daya is a straight up bitch but I've grown to feel bad for her living with Brett, Brett's daughter (who has to sleep in their bed because Brett didn't think this through) and Brett's lesbian roommates - who we need to see more of.

I hated Daya in the beginning, but now I'm wondering if Brett didn't just bring her here to be a nanny to his brat.

Cassia is a straight up beyotch. Spoiled, jealous. Jason isn't hot, so I can only figure he's a little desperate and willing to put up with her nonsense to have a trophy wife.

I also agree that Chelsea needs to move to Chicago. What's she got going on down in po-dunk? He'll find people that will help him communicate better in Chicago, too.