IGNORED

90 Day Fiance on TLC

keen23

Ohhhh man! This Before the 90 Days is even more of a shit show in my opinion. How many of these people are going to be catfished? Dangggg! 

• Upvote 4

I worked several years in immigration law as a paralegal. It's safe to say my bullshit detection skills were honed during this time. I became able to predict with sad accuracy which couples were legit and which would end up divorced as soon as the requisite time elapsed. 

That being said - I tried more than once to watch the 90 Days train wreck. Waaay too stressful to be enjoyable. 

Were it not for the client confidentiality issue, I could have written a book far more "reality" than the TLC contrived plot line ....

• Upvote 2

I've been an FJ lurker for more years than I care to share, mostly over in the shitstorm that is the Duggars. I recently got sucked into 90 Day Fiance and all the related shows (happily ever after, what now, before the 90 days). There is sooo much to snark on, it's hard to know where to start. Pedro and Chantel drive me nuts. I don't know which family behaves worse: hers or his. This new batch of couples not-yet-engaged...I can't even with the guy going into the Amazon. He seems a little "off" to me.

• Upvote 5

@Tom_Schmidt Welcome!

Maybe you or anyone else who remembers, for the guy who was going to the Amazon did his mom really give him her hair to keep in his pocket? That set off alarms but I just wanted to make sure I was hearing it correctly.

• Upvote 3

That's correct, @candygirl200413. His mother emptied her hairbrush into a wadded up piece of paper towel. It appeared to me that she was discreetly trying to slip it into his hand when he dropped it. When he picked it up, he almost reacted like it was trash at first but then he opened it up and realized no, it was his mom's hair. He then tucked it into one of his backpacks for safekeeping.

I'm not sure what the significance would be of giving someone your hair like that. The mother had mentioned that she "would always be with him". Perhaps this was her way of accomplishing that? This mother-son duo just strike me as more than a little odd.

• Upvote 4

On 8/6/2017 at 10:23 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I worked several years in immigration law as a paralegal. It's safe to say my bullshit detection skills were honed during this time. I became able to predict with sad accuracy which couples were legit and which would end up divorced as soon as the requisite time elapsed. 

That being said - I tried more than once to watch the 90 Days train wreck. Waaay too stressful to be enjoyable. 

Were it not for the client confidentiality issue, I could have written a book far more "reality" than the TLC contrived plot line ....

I was born and raised in the Upper Midwest and about 18 years ago I moved to an area of the country that is much, much more diverse than where I grew up. The majority of the population where I live is not from this area or even the US; many were born outside the country or are first generation born in this country. In the first few months of living here, once people realized I was born and raised in this country, I can't tell you how many times I was approached to consider a "relationship" for purposes of the other party obtaining papers. I was young and naive and coming from an area where literally everyone was a third or fourth generation US citizen, I couldn't wrap my head around this even being a "thing". The longer I've lived here the more I've come to realize that these sham marriages happen a lot. You have to wonder if TLC's bullshit detection skills are being used on these show couples.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Tom_Schmidt said:

I'm not sure what the significance would be of giving someone your hair like that. The mother had mentioned that she "would always be with him". Perhaps this was her way of accomplishing that? This mother-son duo just strike me as more than a little odd.

There is something quite off about him. I forget what his name is, but he rang many alarm bells. Well, they all did. The guy going to Haiti where his love has a sugar daddy? :o 

Oh and welcome! :) 

Edited by Carm_88
  • Upvote 2

I just really want Mohammed deported.  I know its unlikely to happen, but he was so clearly using Danielle and she is so damaged.

• Upvote 7

Thank you, @Carm_88. I have followed the smart convo on FJ for many years but have been to shy to say anything until now.

Yes, that situation with the girl in Haiti and the guy from Ohio flying down there with 200+ pairs of women's panties will be fun to watch. In one of the previews, the sugar daddy asks her when they can speak without cameras. The sugar daddy and the new boyfriend looked a lot a like to me. I wouldn't doubt she's hustling them both.

• Upvote 3

Do not be misled - in some countries, this whole mail order spouse thing has become the new cottage industry/family business. I've seen and heard things that gave me nightmares.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Tom_Schmidt said:

Thank you, @Carm_88. I have followed the smart convo on FJ for many years but have been to shy to say anything until now.

Yes, that situation with the girl in Haiti and the guy from Ohio flying down there with 200+ pairs of women's panties will be fun to watch. In one of the previews, the sugar daddy asks her when they can speak without cameras. The sugar daddy and the new boyfriend looked a lot a like to me. I wouldn't doubt she's hustling them both.

Of course she's hustling them both! I don't think that any of them are not being hustled in some way. I'm not seeing any happy endings or happily ever after's of this bunch. But who knows? I didn't think Dan and Mo would make it to the alter! :P

• Upvote 2

okay, so, my fiance have been watching bits and pieces of this show, especially parts with anfisa (i'm not even sure if that's the current season or not lol). and wow, all i have to say is i'm kinda glad i'm not watching whole episodes, i don't think i could handle it! y'all who do ... you have my eternal respect. my eyes cannot handle all the eye rolling i would do.

• Upvote 2

I am sitting here watching every minute of this, I cannot tear my eyes away. I don't understand how any of these people will end up engaged let alone married, but they will. 

First off Paul; what the hell! Why would you tell the cab driver that you loved him? Why are you going to meet this woman when you don't speak any Portuguese and she doesn't speak English? That doesn't make any sense. 

Second, Sean and Abby; yeah dude, she has another guy who she is just "friends" with. I don't think he's a friend, as @Tom_Schmidt said he asks later if they can talk without the cameras. He's definitely a sugar daddy. 

Third, Darcey and Jesse; Uhhh huh. I don't even know what to say about that one. She's clearly used to a luxury lifestyle and I'm not at all sure what he wants. Hmm...

• Upvote 3

I am so into this mess!  Since the first one. Even my husband and kids will watch a bit.  I haven't seen the new one yet.  I'm going to wait for the last to be done.  Anfisa and Mohamed should be deported.  They are of no good use to any country.  Go back to your own.  Pao and Russ. He's such a P whipped dweeb.  She seems fun, a bit sketchy but fun.  They don't match beyond green card and hottie latin wife.  He can't and shouldn't change her.

Chantel and Pedro are like children.  I cracked up when she said to his sister at the hotel sit down " I am not about to be disrespected right here, thank you very much" or something like that.  So funny!   The mom and sister are total bitches.  Voodoo ass chicken feet.  Family Chantel were horrible for not getting out of the van. Either go or don't.   Too rude.

The other couple seems fine.  

• Upvote 3

I started the new season of "before the 90 days"  I'm not familiar with names yet.  I almost died of second hand embarrassment over how the 42 year old woman is acting with her 24 yr old hot guy from Amsterdam!  Omg.  She won't stop with the marriage proposal talk, even bought hersrlf a big ass ring to wear on her wedding ring finger to symbolize their love.   He was like "wow".  O.O

The Amazon guy and Haiti guy are fecken freaks!  Creep factor is very high.  

• Upvote 5

"Thanks" to my mother, I am now hooked on this damn show. We are both watching Before the 90 days, religiously. Then we have at least, a 2 hour discussion, dissecting, EVERY. LITTLE. THING.

Creepy Amazon guy, is a convicted arsonist (that's his secret btw), and women are coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming his creep factor (lots of stalker'esque stuff).

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Creepy Amazon guy, is a convicted arsonist (that's his secret btw), and women are coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming his creep factor (lots of stalker'esque stuff).

That really doesn't shock me. There's something really off about that man. I mean he had to go to the frigging Amazon! :o 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Carm_88 said:

That really doesn't shock me. There's something really off about that man. I mean he had to go to the frigging Amazon! :o 

Did you see the part, where his mom gave him some hair from her hairbrush, that she wrapped in some kleenex? She seemed like a sweet lady, but then went all Norma Bates. Ohohohoh, what about the scene where he decorated the bed with all of those stuffed animals? It was sooo "welcome to my pedo -lair". He is nuttier than a ding-dang fruitcake.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Did you see the part, where his mom gave him some hair from her hairbrush, that she wrapped in some kleenex? 

Hell yes! Have you seen the latest episodes? The one where he sets up the mosquito tent in the hotel room? Man oh man. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Hell yes! Have you seen the latest episodes? The one where he sets up the mosquito tent in the hotel room? Man oh man. 

I did, and it sent me into a fit of hysterics. That whole part was highly entertaining. We had the stuffed animal bed, the mosquito tent bed, the whole "surprise! are you a whore" STD pregnancy test thing. While I know that getting tested for STD's and pregnancy is a responsible thing to do, it's just how it's edited, that makes it sooo wrong that it's right. It looked like it happened in the span of a couple of hours.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

I did, and it sent me into a fit of hysterics. That whole part was highly entertaining. We had the stuffed animal bed, the mosquito tent bed, the whole "surprise! are you a whore" STD pregnancy test thing. While I know that getting tested for STD's and pregnancy is a responsible thing to do, it's just how it's edited, that makes it sooo wrong that it's right. It looked like it happened in the span of a couple of hours.

I was in a knot laughing! I couldn't stop, it looked so awkward and the poor girl. Good lord! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I was in a knot laughing! I couldn't stop, it looked so awkward and the poor girl. Good lord! 

I'm dying to see what transpires, with the catfish girl. She seems like a sweet girl, albeit really, really dumb. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

I'm dying to see what transpires, with the catfish girl. She seems like a sweet girl, albeit really, really dumb. 

Oh yes! I'm so interested in her as well. And the Sugar Daddy love triangle in Haiti! 

:trainwreck:

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh yes! I'm so interested in her as well. And the Sugar Daddy love triangle in Haiti! 

:trainwreck:

The Haiti Triangle makes me sad, and uncomfortable. The poor girl is only 20yo, but she seems really good at playing old white guys. To me, it looks like she has had a few years practice doing it, which means she started as a teen, which is what makes it so sad and uncomfortable.

The guy the show is following with that trio, gives me the major willies. He's a creeper too, some people found his profile on some "alternative lifestyle" sites. 

ETA: the Haiti couple/trio and the Brazilian couple have me constantly thinking..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by SnazzyNazzy
  • Upvote 4

How do they keep introducing new train wrecks each week? Where do they find these people? :P 

• Upvote 3