IGNORED

90 Day Fiance on TLC

keen23

That's one thing I couldn't figure out when Daniel and Mohammed said first their cell phones had been cut off, and then their electricity. Do they have to wait until the show is over to get paid?

That's one thing I couldn't figure out when Daniel and Mohammed said first their cell phones had been cut off, and then their electricity. Do they have to wait until the show is over to get paid?

You are assuming they used/would use the TLC money for bills. Maybe it was already gone by that point.

• Upvote 1

I think Dani and Mo are using each other. I wouldn't be surprised if he paid her for marriage. It's not out of the realm of possibility as I've heard-tell of it done in the Russian community. The going rate 8-10yrs ago was 6-10K for a no-sex marriage. If my suspicions are correct, that's probably why he was so pissed off and ready to call off the wedding. Perhaps he was wondering where all the money he gave her prior to his arrival went.

I think Dani and Mo are using each other. I wouldn't be surprised if he paid her for marriage. It's not out of the realm of possibility as I've heard-tell of it done in the Russian community. The going rate 8-10yrs ago was 6-10K for a no-sex marriage. If my suspicions are correct, that's probably why he was so pissed off and ready to call off the wedding. Perhaps he was wondering where all the money he gave her prior to his arrival went.

If it was fake on her part, she wouldn't have been so anxious to cling onto him or so fearful about losing him.

Well, the reunion episode last night made it clear that Mo never cared about Dani, but Dani is still in deep denial. When even Jason, from the 2nd worst couple, calls you out and wonders if you actually love your wife, you aren't convincing anyone. He had a ton of opportunities to say, "I came here because I was in love with Danielle", but he didn't. He said he wanted adventure.

I know Muslims couples. I know couples that don't engage in physical contact in public for religious reasons, or have any physical contact before marriage. You can still tell when they are in love. It shows in their faces. They actually make eye contact and smile at each other.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone is following the continuing drama surround Danielle and Mohamed but I'll chime in for those who care:

Danielle announced on her facebook "support group" that she is pregnant. People immediately became suspicious because rumors have been flying that their marriage is still unconsummated. Someone posted "congrats" on Mohamed's public fan page (yeah, this dude has a fan page. what a joke!) and he basically replied that he has no idea what the person was talking about. Is Danielle pregnant? Who the hell knows.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
"90 Day Fiancé: Where Are They Now" is on! I missed the first 15 minutes.

Oh, I am so glad someone else is watching this!

This is sad :| I want Iyanla to fix Danielle's life :lol: :(

Oh my GOD I would pay money to see Iyanla shake some sense into Danielle.

This is sad :| I want Iyanla to fix Danielle's life :lol: :(

Mo is no better than Joshie.

Danielle is just ... so damn naive. Poor thing. She got taken like Meri.

Mo is no better than Joshie.

Danielle is just ... so damn naive. Poor thing. She got taken like Meri.

I don't think she is naive. I think she is shoving her head deep, deep in the sand, with her fingers in her ears, going "lalalalalala I can't hear you!"

Her children all have issues with him, have told her, asked her for thi ng to change and she pretty mu ch eit her lies to them or avoids answering. At this point, she's lost any sympathy.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I checked the 90 Day Fiance facebook page, and on the side, there's a discussion about Danielle, and she's even gotten in on it by saying that she and Mo are "happily married." To me, it sounds like she's still in deep denial even after the update episode.

As for the current season, I think the guy with the 19 year old is creepy, and that the Mormon family was judging the Russian girl a bit harshly. As for the Mormon guy, I think he is just extremely sheltered more than anything.

Edited by ADoyle90815

Mark and Nikki are too much! Almost 40 year age gap?! Then he's all shocked when she seems a bit "immature." Gimme a break.

I feel really bad for the Russian girl-- stuck in small town LDS-land. You can tell it makes them all uncomfortable when she talks about the things she used to do and her bf just wants to be like, "please stop talking!" but puts on a smile for her. He seems sweet but, I agree, sheltered. 

And the serial cheater with the girl in Colombia? Meh. Not sure how he "does so well with the ladies." 

• Upvote 1

I dont like any of the couples this season.  Mark and Nikki is really ick.  He treats her like a do-over for his ex wife.  Alexi and Mormon guy... that just isnt fair.  She needs to go back and live her life because she will never be happy.  I'm not sure whats up with the Israeli guy, she seems like she's going to be overly clingy and he will tire of her soon.  

Fernando... yeah, no.  He's no catch and he cant keep it in his pants... 

Devar - he skeezes me out.  Melanie seems to maybe getting smart to it, though.  It was pretty naive to not discuss a major issue - that he was supporting his family - before he came to the US. 

I cant remember much about the other people. 

• Upvote 1

Just started watching this season and I can't believe these couples are willing to show their creepy relationships on TV. 

Mark and Nikki are just super creepy.  He acts way too much like her Dad and not like a lover. He seems to have some serious control issues.  

Fernando is just bleh- he is not as hot as he thinks he is.  I feel very sorry for Carolina that her future MIL doesn't seem too thrilled about the whole thing. 

Devar comes off as not very genuine at all.  Maybe he is just uncomfortable in front of the cameras.  

Loren annoys the crap out of me.  I still don't understand why she had to move to Florida for Alexi to come.  I know he can't work, but how much food and utilities can one guy need for a few months?  I also think he was shocked that her parents live in a little condo in Florida- before we saw there home I would have thought that she came from $$$.  Loren is a drama queen- she had to make Alexi's grandmother being sick all about herself and her Mom thought that was totally fine. 

• Upvote 1

I just discovered this series AND this thread, and oh baby am I in it for the long haul.

I find Devar sketchy, hate Mark and his darn train whistle, and don't know how Loren thought about herself before considering Alexei's sorrow in missing his family. Yikes. What a bundle of insanity.

• Upvote 1

When I was younger, I used to pull the shit that Loren is pulling-- cry to get attention but then act like I don't want the person to console me. Oh boy is that going to blow up in her face. He doesn't really seem that into her to begin with and that's going to get old real quick. I also hated how her parents were all, "She's crying. She's upset. You need to go take care of that." :pb_rollseyes:

@FundieFarmer-- I still missed the train whistle part! Mark has serious control issues and I feel bad for Nikki when he scolds her-- no one likes to feel like they're dating their dad. But... oh, wait... she basically is. 

Melanie's sisters are a rough bunch! I had to laugh when the first sister and husband met Devar and she was bringing up STDs and stuff. I'm originally from that same area and I knew so many people growing up who were just like her sister and Melanie's friends too-- "but, he's a black man." Rough around the edges, closet racist. Ay. 

So basically, after watching the most recent episode, I still feel the same way about all of them. It's all a train wreck. 

• Upvote 2

Nikki was not having it with that train whistle. It was from episode 305. Their scenes culminated with a conversation about whether they were both all in. Nikki said she needed more physical affection from him, while Mark blathered on about all the work he does for her. 

Several of his THs were about how Nikki doesn't do anything, and then when she tries to help him by cleaning up the library, he panics because the books now aren't in his sooper speshul order. He stomps out saying, "Well, I'm interested to see how this turns out."

I wonder if his first wife was less attuned to the relationship dynamics until too late in the game, so he bowled her over until one day she woke up and wanted out. I think that he thinks he can run over Nikki in that way as well, but despite any language barrier, this girl has a head on her shoulders and strikes me as somebody who won't take it in the long run.

Not to mention that she verbatim said that the ex wife left Mark because she "wanted to be free". 

So... :confused:

• Upvote 1

I think that if Mark were serious about not wanting children, he'd get snipped, but that's what someone who is more stable and not a controlling asshole would do. Instead, he insisted that Nikki get some type of birth control, then if that were to fail, he'd be the one paying for an abortion even if she wanted a child. He just gets creepier after each episode of this show.

• Upvote 2