IGNORED

1/2009 - Maxwell's first meet the Duggar's.

Justme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Happy New Year picture someone drew for them is adorable.

Other than that, it is just the same over and over again-life in Maxhell is depressing.

The sad thing is, even though the Maxwells will use the Duggars to advertise their products, the Duggars are actually WAY more liberal than Steve would ever allow his family to be.

They don't wear ankle length skirts - in fact, we've spied a few Duggar SAHD knees, they have a show on The Beast, the courting kids touch before the wedding ceremony, they go on Alert and JTTH with their peers and without their parents etc.

It's scary, but the Maxwells manage to make the Duggars look like flaming liberals. I have wondered what the Maxwell "kids" thought when they attended Jinger and Joseph's graduation - even the ATI teens have much more freedom(and f*n) than they ever will.

In fact, I think I've read somewhere that the Maxwells were briefly involved in ATI but left cause it wasn't family focused enough. The mind boggles.

Boy the kids look so young in that picture. Josie wasn't conceived yet and Jordyn still got attention.

their blogs entries really are the same thing over and over :? if it weren't for the pics of the younger kids you wouldn't be able to tell what year is it

The Duggars are all about media and money and self promotion. The Maxwells are all about the Steve-is-god thing. They'll play nice (Steve took a couple kids to a Duggar graduation a couple years ago; gotta' keep up appearances) but will never mesh.

Duggars = money and attention; Maxwells = Steve. Never the twain shall meet with any sincerity, honesty or shared motivation beyond the camera.

Question: did you have to use the way back machine because they removed this from their blog?

I didn't look at their blog. I was on the WBM looking for something else.

Question: did you have to use the way back machine because they removed this from their blog?

It's still on the blog.

They bought Grandma an ironing board for Christmas because she does all their ironing? Well that is just the quintessential Maxwell Christmas gift.

I didn't look at their blog. I was on the WBM looking for something else.

Oh ok thanks. I know they like to rewrite history

They bought Grandma an ironing board for Christmas because she does all their ironing? Well that is just the quintessential Maxwell Christmas gift.

They give practical gifts for Christmas :/ and on that same page they had a backyard fire and Sarah wrote, "we occasionally (very) make s'mores."

Glad to know its just very occasionally! Wouldn't want anyone to think you're enjoying life too much.

Sarah doesn't look sad yet, she wears a headcovering in one.

When they called the authorities about the probably rabid raccoon, they wrote about how the police dispatcher they talked to said she would send "her men" to handle the situation. Do those quote marks connote some kind of disdain for the female police officer? My, my, who would've thought.

Happy Ironing Grandma in her voluminous frumpier. Seriously, Maxwells? A 60-, 70-something lady needs that much to disguise her dangerously womanlike curves?

The lovely motel clerk who offered them practice space, sofa-sleeping for the boys, extra towels -- how much did they secretly despise her for being a woman working outside the home. The mind boggles.

I take the Maxwells very personally and without much humor. It is good to contrast their recent poorly attended sales pitches with those of just five years ago. May the business slide continue.

Oh, also, the Acadians dying out because they're not having big families? Are they aware of the Cajuns of the Gulf Coast of the USA? No? Might could want to read up on those fine folks.

Yeah, I was like, WTH, with that Acadian thing. Then I remembered.... SOTDRT. Cajuns much nicer people than the likes of the Maxwells.

Wow, Mary has changed. I hadn't seen any old posts, save a few gems like the Pepsi post. Just, wow.

Happy Ironing Grandma in her voluminous frumpier. Seriously, Maxwells? A 60-, 70-something lady needs that much to disguise her dangerously womanlike curves?

I wonder if Stevie forces her to wear frumpers on the compound or if it's her choice? How far does she buy into the craziness?

Oh, also, the Acadians dying out because they're not having big families? Are they aware of the Cajuns of the Gulf Coast of the USA? No? Might could want to read up on those fine folks.

They are full of horse shit. I'm from Atlantic Canada and grew up on the Acadian Peninsula of New Brunswick (although I'm not Acadian myself). The loss of the Acadian culture goes far deeper and is much more political than only have 4 children instead of 8. Now, I'm not sure what this guy TOLD the Maxwells, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did try and go into further detail and they latched on to the one thing that fit their crazy, isolationist, more babies for the lord views and let the other reasons fall by the wayside.

I wonder if Stevie forces her to wear frumpers on the compound or if it's her choice? How far does she buy into the craziness?

My guess is she "toes the line" to be close with her grandchildren. We've seen how little they see of Steve's family due to things like bunny rabbits and Easter eggs. She's probably afraid he'd take them away. We've also seen pictures Teri's sister posted with Gigi/Gpa on a cruise. Again, just my guess, but I think they get to "breath" and be "normal" once an a while when visiting Teri's sister.

My guess is she "toes the line" to be close with her grandchildren. We've seen how little they see of Steve's family due to things like bunny rabbits and Easter eggs. She's probably afraid he'd take them away. We've also seen pictures Teri's sister posted with Gigi/Gpa on a cruise. Again, just my guess, but I think they get to "breath" and be "normal" once an a while when visiting Teri's sister.

I've suspected that too. I wonder if Steve will become Gigi's headship once Grandad passes and have to move in with them.

So I spent a good part of my evening down the rabbit hole that is the Titus2blog. There are several fairly interesting differences: Sarah seems much 'chattier' and her smile still reaches her eyes, their 'conferences' are more frequent with comparatively high attendance, and the frumpers ...(Oh my!). Another big difference is the way Steve replies to comments. Here's an example. Admittedly it's an admirer sucking up but, in general, he replies more like a human being. The terse, half sentence answer seem to be a more recent behaviour.

Shannon W. says:

July 22, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Thanks for sharing your community outreach excursions!!! I love how your family so selflessly reaches out to the elderly and shines the light of Jesus!!! What a testimony the Maxwell Fam is to so many. :o ) Question for you: How difficult is it for one to obtain permission to begin an outreach in a nursing home or similar facility? I wanted to start a similar outreach (not music though since my boys don’t play instruments yet) possibly once a week for a homeschool project. Thanks in advance for any information you have on this topic.

Joyfully His,

Shannon

>>>>>>>>>>>

You are kind, but the only thing good in us is Jesus. May we just obey Him.

It is easy to obtain permission to minister at nursing homes. I’ve heard of only a few times where the activities director didn’t want someone to come, but for the most part, they welcome families to come in and spend time with the residents. Just call and ask for the activities director and explain that you would like to come with your boys and visit with some residents. What time would she recommend? Would she give you the names of a few that might enjoy a visit?

There are some that are more personable then others and to start with some easy ones would make it much easier until you are comfortable.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

In Christ Jesus,

Steve

Because they maintained their own nationality/heritage, they weren’t fully accepted by the nations they were living in. They were eventually forced to leave Canada (during the French-Canadian war) and their lands given to others.

What the heck is the French-Canadian war? Was that the Canadiens vs. the Nordiques or what? lol. Way to go SOTDRT. Acadians aren't having any fewer children than the rest of society, so their reasoning doesn't really hold up. But who cares about logic and historical accuracy when you've got an agenda and a point to prove?

If the Arcadians are dying out, it'a not because they aren't breeding. 4 births per woman is still double replacement level and well above the national average. Therefore, it's pretty clear something a little more complicated is going on. SODRT logic fail.

Wow, Mary has changed. I hadn't seen any old posts, save a few gems like the Pepsi post. Just, wow.

Crimineeee, I hope Mary got some braces!! :shock:

Archived