IGNORED

The Rebelution's Modesty Survey

AnnoDomini

So...does this survey address male modesty? (I didn't want to look at the site). Are females writing about how men need to cover up because they are causing lustful thoughts? I think men should wear burka like attire because pretty eyes, shapely ankles, and nice fingers are attractive to me.

Wimminz don't have a flagstaff to indicate arousal. Therefore, teh wimminz do not get aroused. Therefore, teh menz do not have to cover.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they say nothing about male modesty. The focus is on boys and their needs and their wants and their visual-oriented minds. Just because we women tend to be less insanely visual doesn't mean we never are tempted to lust.

Of course they say nothing about male modesty. The focus is on boys and their needs and their wants and their visual-oriented minds. Just because we women tend to be less insanely visual doesn't mean we never are tempted to lust.

Everything revolves around the male and his needs/desires.

OH, speaking of male modesty, I often read FotF's 'Plugged In' site reviews for movies, tv, music and games. They detail everything that's 'wrong' with a movie and pass judgement on its quality based sometimes on whether or not they agree with it. My favorite section of the movie reviews is when they detail the sexual content. They're careful to mention every hint of cleavage, tight tops and short skirts on the women, every kiss and sexy scene, every body part shown or hinted at, as well as completely non-sexual nudity. They do mention men removing their shirts and male nudity too, but there's no mention of long slim pants that fit just right in the butt, no mention of defrauding white tank tops, no mention of pounding metal in said shirt with sweat gleaming on well-definied muscles, no mention of the button-down shirts with half the buttons undone. One particularly egregious example, the worst one in fact, was in the Iron Man II review, in which they neglected to mention at all a scene in which a man is shown wearing nothing but a pair of briefs for the entire scene. ANd I mean, he's got an ugly face but a pretty well-muscled body and some women (me) really dig that. I wrote them about it and they did nothing.

Wimminz don't have a flagstaff to indicate arousal. Therefore, teh wimminz do not get aroused. Therefore, teh menz do not have to cover.

I will never understand this fundy attitude. Hot shirtless men are one of my greatest joys in life. I clearly remember my first experience with being "turned on". I decided to start watching Lost online and whenever Sawyer came on the screen I felt...tingly. Haha. This effect was multiplied intensely whenever he was shirtless. So yes, women do lust. Quite easily, I might add.

To this day, I love me some Josh Holloway. Pure southern hotness.

I will never understand this fundy attitude. Hot shirtless men are one of my greatest joys in life. I clearly remember my first experience with being "turned on". I decided to start watching Lost online and whenever Sawyer came on the screen I felt...tingly. Haha. This effect was multiplied intensely whenever he was shirtless. So yes, women do lust. Quite easily, I might add.

I'm no authority figure, but I'm pretty sure that God fearing Christian women do not lust. That's why the sin of sex is always the woman's fault - men have these urges they can't always control, women do not.

As a woman I personally know women do have sexual urge, but I'm not a fundie Christian/virtuous woman, I don't count.

BACK OFF!! HE'S MINE!!!

BACK OFF!! HE'S MINE!!!

Come on, surely we can share! How about I take him on weekends and you can have him the rest of the week? :mrgreen:

Come on, surely we can share! How about I take him on weekends and you can have him the rest of the week? :mrgreen:

Not if I have anything to say about it. :D

I see nothing 'slutty' about either outfit.

I'm of the mind that actions are 'slutty', if the word must be used, not clothing.

:clap:

I so agree with the last sentence that I wanted to quote it one more time.

OOh I know just what you mean. Lost was how I learned to appreciate chest hair, though my 'tingly feelings' happened not on that show. There was another man, big and tall and shaved head, broad chest, white button-down only half buttoned, and a nice sheen of sweat. I once thought a little too long about that and had 'feelings'. Heh heh. I was shocked at myself for being so 'lax'. Funny thing is, I tend not to go for the big broad types, especially when they'r being so blatantly served up to me on a platter to lust over.

I just finished 'Guests of the Sheik', required reading for an anthro class I am taking. Anyway, the women in this section of Iraq could not even leave the house without their honor being compromised. They were expected to stay inside a one roomed mud hut with the shutters closed pretty much all the time. When they had to go somewhere, like to fetch water or do laundry, they would cover themselves with a black sheet and take back alleys so no one would see and recognize them.

That's where this kind of thinking leads.

This survey isn't even objective, anyways; of course it's going to show that men "need" women to be modest in order to control their animal lusts, because few people who say otherwise are going to be frequenting the Harris brothers' site. Ugh.

I just finished 'Guests of the Sheik', required reading for an anthro class I am taking. Anyway, the women in this section of Iraq could not even leave the house without their honor being compromised. They were expected to stay inside a one roomed mud hut with the shutters closed pretty much all the time. When they had to go somewhere, like to fetch water or do laundry, they would cover themselves with a black sheet and take back alleys so no one would see and recognize them.

That's where this kind of thinking leads.

Hence the quote "A woman should only leave her house twice, once to get married and when she dies." I recall a tv show on an old city in Morocco where the houses had these very ornate balconies, that was so the unmarried women in the home could be advertised without actually leaving the house.

I agree with you, as soon as you put the responsibility for men's bevahior on their (female) victims, it's a slippery slope to keeping women hidden away for their protection.

Archived