IGNORED

Under the Gunn

happy atheist

I would have given it to Natalya too. I also found Shan's ugly and didn't really think it was avante garde.

I"m still not sure what to make of this show. Not sure I like it, but I keep watching...

I third Natalya for this weeks "you were robbed!" award.

And, uh, Anya "I'd never throw a designer under the bus like that" Ayoung-Chee came off as a bit of a hypocrite when she accused Nicholas of not making the designs in his portfolio. At least "Isabelly" *was* unmentorable, just as Nick said. We've no proof that boring Nicholas can't design when given plenty of time and no pressure.

I third Natalya for this weeks "you were robbed!" award.

And, uh, Anya "I'd never throw a designer under the bus like that" Ayoung-Chee came off as a bit of a hypocrite when she accused Nicholas of not making the designs in his portfolio. At least "Isabelly" *was* unmentorable, just as Nick said. We've no proof that boring Nicholas can't design when given plenty of time and no pressure.

Nicholas just had no drive. I think Anya was perfectly justified in cutting him loose. Dead weight, etc.

This week was a little disappointing. You had the choice of either raffia or shiny plastic. The raffia stuff all tends to look the same, and the plastic stuff all looks cheap. Meh. I usually like the unconventional materials challenges, but there really wasn't enough variety in this one.

That was the most useless product placement ever. Wow.

I don't know. The yoplait frozen yogurt product placement one from last season's PR still takes the cake I think, though this was fairly up there in uselessness.

I totally forgot to watch last night! What happened? Who got kicked off and who won?

Spoilers!!

Michelle was eliminated. Her outfit was fairly blah, but looked well-constructed.

Oscar won with a shiny, shiny thing.

Mondo and Anya were pissy with Nick because they think he helps his designers too much, and they feel like Natalya shouldn't be there.

Then, after the winner and loser were announced, Mondo and Anya stayed behind and gave the judges a ration of shit for not eliminating Natalya over her construction problems. It was odd.

It was a day-to-evening look that had slits up the middle of both thighs FOR THE DAYTIME LOOK!

He spewed some bullshit about his imaginary client being a millionairess in charge of a charity, or something. It reminded me of when everyone always says their client runs a gallery.

I wasn't too impressed with the confrontation, real or scripted. Since when is construction the sole basis for dismissing a designer? And doesn't this seem odd, coming from Anya, who creates beautiful clothes but has an inability to do basic construction (like setting a sleeve?)

I don't like it when the designers (now mentors) gang up on one decent designer (such as they did to Michael C, original and [to a extent] AS.) They come off as petulant toddlers.

I wasn't too impressed with the confrontation, real or scripted. Since when is construction the sole basis for dismissing a designer? And doesn't this seem odd, coming from Anya, who creates beautiful clothes but has an inability to do basic construction (like setting a sleeve?)

I don't like it when the designers (now mentors) gang up on one decent designer (such as they did to Michael C, original and [to a extent] AS.) They come off as petulant toddlers.

In the All-Stars season, maybe they were jealous. Michael Costello has been one of the more successful designers from all the seasons of PR. Christian Siriano, Chris March, and Austin Scarlett are three others. Christian, Chris and Michael Costello have all designed gowns worn on the red carpet and Austin Scarlett been pretty successful designing wedding gowns.

Goodbye Natalya!

While she might have talent (hard to really say), she really doesn't have the emotional stability for this show. Or possibly the fashion industry.

But I gotta say, Asha's dashiki was fugly.

Goodbye Natalya!

While she might have talent (hard to really say), she really doesn't have the emotional stability for this show. Or possibly the fashion industry.

But I gotta say, Asha's dashiki was fugly.

Man, that was awful! The guys that won (Oscar and Shan) made some nice clothes. At least, I think it was them. Oscar's won three challenges and he's the only designer Nick has left.

Nick did a bad job picking designers. In the first episode, nobody wanted Natalya and she had this huge emotional breakdown and Nick was like, "on second thought, you seem to want this so bad!" and chose her. Which was a dumbass move. Of course she wants it, that's why she's auditioning. It doesn't mean she's actually any good. Her total shit-losing should have been a major warning sign that she was not cut out for the competition.

Man, that was awful! The guys that won (Oscar and Shan) made some nice clothes. At least, I think it was them. Oscar's won three challenges and he's the only designer Nick has left.

Yeah, that was all kinds of ugly.

I think Oscar will last until the final 3.

As will one of Mondo's.

As will one of Anya's.........

Rewatching last week's show, it was actually Sam and Blake that I liked. I liked their three designs much better than Oscar and Shan's although Oscar's dress was good and Shan's jacket-y outfit was OK. I didn't care that much for their shorts/overalls thing.

(Was going to add something about tonight's show, but it's too early yet.)

I have to admit that I did not like either Shan's or Asha's dresses last night. I just did not see how they were the top two. Shan's dress would have been way better without the crazy hemline and Asha's was just ugly. Blake got kicked off and, while his dress may have had problems, it was more flattering that Asha's.

I hated Blake's dress.

That allergic reaction was so bizarre! I wonder what the trigger was. Latex? What do they make sequins out of?

I hated Blake's dress.

That allergic reaction was so bizarre! I wonder what the trigger was. Latex? What do they make sequins out of?

Sequins are usually made of plastic nowadays, but they were originally made of shiny metal.

I just noticed that they had one of these audience polls on Under the Gunn which asked which designers would be in the finale and they left Asha off the poll! Oscar and Shan were leading, btw, with Sam trailing. They just had another poll with all four designers which asked which designer should NOT go to the finale.

Turns out all four get to go to the finale!The judges were pretty split though so it seems fair.

Well, Oscar won! The final standings were just what I thought they'd be based on their collections: Oscar the winner, followed by Sam in second place, Asha in third and Shan bringing up the rear. I was unimpressed by Shan's finale collection and found Sam's and Asha's delightful. I did like that Neil Patrick Harris was one of the finale judges and I also liked how you could tell some of their reactions when the models walked. I don't think I've ever seen that to such an extent on Project Runway.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall the show was disappointing. I didn't really care who won.

Shan's kids were just about the cutest things ever! Those lion hats on the boys made my ovaries explode.

Archived