IGNORED

Candy moves and refuses her fans a house tour

fundyduddy

[He's a loser, but C. claims he's an inventor and too brilliant for mundane work.

Isnt' that always the reason a guy can't hold a job? Or finish a project? or help around the house?

I just read her new house post - she is keeping up the cray. My house is BIG, HUGE and I have SO MUCH ROOM! I LOVE IT! But I'm not gonna show it to you! It's all MINE!!!!!!

Candy is also a serious Catholic-hater and IIRC, there was some kerfluffle a few years ago when one of her boys wandered away from home and CPS became involved. They seem to live in extreme poverty so I hope they were able to save some of his windfall.

I especially enjoyed today's post about whether/when to cover one's head -- especially this part:

Verse 10 says women are also to cover "because of the angels." Angels watch us all the time, not just in church. The good angels see us following the Lord's head covering ordinance, and so do the evil angels. The headcovering offers a Christian woman an extra measure of protection from evil angels who may want to lay with her, as they did in Genesis 6.

And to think, I never cover my head unless it's to put on a hat in cold weather or bright sunshine! Yet no evil angel has ever tried to lay with me -- that I know of. I feel a little cheated, as that would certainly spice up my life. Maybe I need to forego the weather-related headcovering to let those naughty spirits know of my availability! Thanks for tip, Candy!

:angelic-red:

I especially enjoyed today's post about whether/when to cover one's head -- especially this part:

And to think, I never cover my head unless it's to put on a hat in cold weather or bright sunshine! Yet no evil angel has ever tried to lay with me -- that I know of. I feel a little cheated, as that would certainly spice up my life. Maybe I need to forego the weather-related headcovering to let those naughty spirits know of my availability! Thanks for tip, Candy!

hmm, the need to cover one's head to protect from "angels"? Those must be what we in this area call "geese". :lol:

:lol: To think that I could have alleviated any of my pre-marriage dating dry spells simply by not wearing a hat. Darn, some of those evil angels might have been cute, too.

They don't believe in paying taxes ("taxpayer slavery" as Erik calls it) so he works a lot of under-the-table jobs, which doesn't help.

At one point she entered some online contest to win $40,000 and had some sob story about not having enough to feed her kids, and mentioned something about her husband having a hard time finding work. Several of us at Sweeping the Cobwebs left Candy messages offering to send her gift certificates to local grocery stores, but she never took us up on the offer. Yet within a couple weeks she was back at her favorite Bible store buying yet more Bibles to have on hand.... she's so weird. :P

Are there more posts than the one on the first page of her blog? I can't see an "Older Posts" link....not seeing the original blog post. Thanks!

Are there more posts than the one on the first page of her blog? I can't see an "Older Posts" link....not seeing the original blog post. Thanks!

Candy never keep archives of her blog :naughty:

This way she can reinvent herself as often as she wants and can repost the same post multiple times :lol:

Candy is my gateway fundie. I really just love her brand of crazy, she almost never fails to deliver. This week she has literally been touched by an angel. She is just so special. :orly:

Well, Saint Therese of Avila also thought she was touched by an angel. She writes in her autobiography:

"I saw in his hand a long spear of gold, and at the iron's point there seemed to be a little fire. He appeared to me to be thrusting it at times into my heart, and to pierce my very entrails; when he drew it out, he seemed to draw them out also, and to leave me all on fire with a great love of God. The pain was so great, that it made me moan; and yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain, that I could not wish to be rid of it."

Yeah. Angel. Sure. It gives me a kick how similar Catholic-hating Candy is in some aspects to the crazier part of the Catholic Church. Yes, yes I know Therese was a great saint, but this particular vision is crazy-creepy-sexual. And Candy's angel woke her up in a loving way, too.... sooo..... let's say I have some nasty ideas from which part of her psyche this "vision" (figment of her imagination) came from. Sorry, feeling extra snarky today.

Candy thinks it's been 'a while' since she mentioned trying to lose a few pounds. :lol: I would bet that the unsavory thing she has to do this week is file their taxes. :roll:

Every year around Christmas time (to about now-ish) she suddenly has to get back in shape and lose 20 pounds. Then within a couple weeks, it's, "Actually, I only need to lose 5 pounds", then "Pooh-pooh to losing weight! I have tons of energy so I don't care what I weigh! I feel great!" A year later, suddenly there are 20 pounds that need to be lost again.

Archived