IGNORED

Candy moves and refuses her fans a house tour

fundyduddy

Apparently, Candy moved out of the Clayton Modular home sometime last year into a bigger, fixer-upper house. She says she's not going to do a house tour because she wants to keep it private.

So how much you want to bet the move was caused by them losing the Clayton home due to foreclosure and they HAD to move into the fixer upper? The house must be pretty bad if she's not going to be posting one of her famous home tours.

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com/

I thought this was "interesting" as when she redid her living room (in English Spring Garden style, or whatever) the walls had seams much like those found in "modular houses."

Candy is a loon! :cray-cray:

Public records show where they are living now. She probably has good reason to hide her new home. I don't think it was a move up the property ladder. Not defending her, but she used to live in a very small town where I wouldn't think there were too many jobs. She's now in a larger city. The move could have been a job related move. I'm no fan of Candy, but her children are now old enough to clearly understand the family's financial insecurity. Moving often really affects kids at this age. I hope it simply was a different job opportunity for the sake of the children. Public Facebook page also shows two different dogs. I wonder where the husky mix is now?

Candy is my favorite fundy. :) Her resent blogpost on how to be happy in a small home really made me suspicious that the've moved again... and the "new" livingroom... My internet search leads me to a larger city, but it sure looks like a trailer park? She seemed so happy in her clayton home... I feel sorry for her and the kids.

If you spend some time researching the new area. It is known for young transient renters with habits of weekend anti-social behavior. Given the clue of the "fixer-upper" small home and if you look to apply as a potential renter in that area, I imagine that the repairs where significant and the housing is in general substandard. I hope to heavens those kids have some stability in their lives, but I think not.

Candy would be so much more believable if she told the truth. She'd be a WHOLE LOT LESS snark worthy. The current post about moving makes you think the worst has happened. If she wrote her blog from the point of view of "because of my husband's rigid political/economic views (or any other reason) he finds it difficult to hold a stable well paying job, we struggle with our finances and we move a lot. I homeschool my kids to give them consistency and stability in their education, but it's tough when sometimes the focus is putting enough food on the table. I want my husband to succeed in what he does, but sometimes life is tough. I am a practicing Christian and I find it gives me hope and stability when I often do not have control over what happens to our family." If she just blogged from this point of view instead of spinning hints and half truths, 90 percent of her internet problems would vanish into thin air.

Candy needs a mother/mentor, more like a the older wiser sister teaching her the ways of wisdom, but I fear Candy is so hurt and headstrong from her own family and school experiences that her only coping mechanism now is to shut out, preach louder, and become more rigid in her beliefs, life style and legalism. She comes across as being angry and immature as she lashes out when often the error or cover up is hers. She is the one person I would love to have a personal, longstanding, quiet and private email conversation with in all of fundy land. However, she never reaches out because of fear and she'd never in a million years put aside the evangelism to understand others don't want her soul but only wish to share some advice without condemning or shaming her publicly.

I simply hope the real story is much better news for the family...."My husband got a job offer in a larger city. I meant a big move for us from our small town. We initially took a rental home because we wanted to get to know the area before settling down. We were very lucky my husband loves his new job and last summer we came across a fixer upper that we could afford. We've spent a lot of time renovating the new house and I'm really enjoying being able to dream a little about fixing my new home up in the spring cottage decorating style. I'm so busy with dreaming and decorating and keeping up with the homeschooling I don't have time for producing videos/photos for the blog. I simply dash off a short piece or writing for the blog every morning before the kids get up for breakfast." .....this version is also so much more believable and far less snark worthy. This version make me happy for the family and so not interested in finding out what she HASN'T said.

I pray for that family and I'm not the prayin' sort, if you know what I mean.

I think Candy has Asbergers (she claims so herself, but I thought so long before she said it herself) and this makes it hard for her to build friendships. Her husband is not a help in that area either. I wonder wether the FIC church she mentioned some time ago was before or after the move. Isn't her oldest boy highschool age now? I doubt college will be an option for him. Can you imagine these kids growing up and moving and switching churches all the times?

But I still can't figure out their timeline... their old fake wood panel trailer was in A. /Colerado. Than they moved to a neighbor state right? First to a small town ... My internet source says they lived there from 2010 to 2012, was this the Clayton home? Or did they move into the Clayton home in 2012?

[*]edited to make information more annonymos

Yes, but she is also a high functioning Aspy with better than average intelligence. I wish she were open to the idea of an old fashioned letter/penpal conversation.

I think the ability to immediately react to incoming trolling from the internet is far too toxic for many people. I would hope she would be far more thoughtful, rational, and honest if she actually read a letter, pondered an response, took pen to hand, posted it and waited for a reply. The speed of exchange of ideas coupled with the ability to post and archive volumes gets in the way of her saying what I think she really needs. I see the blog as an extension of her HMB. It is a depository of her shouting out into the internet wilderness...."Hey I've got something to say!" It is also a cry to the wilderness..."I need positive feedback and I want friendship and stability, but I can't manage any of it in real life."

I could be entirely wrong, but that is the clear underling message I receive from her blog. Again, I pray for her and her kids daily....and I'm usually not that sort of person.

I suppose if she reads here...post a private message kiddo.

Candy, the private and modest person who used to post bikini pictures in a weight loss community and who could be found on Google Earth with no difficulty at all.

She swings between nearly paranoid "private and modest" phases with etching out photos etc. and telling everything there is. My personal guess is that she's actually very paranoid and would like to keep everything private but can't live without the validation from the internet because she gets none in real life and when she can't bear it any more, she goes on tell-all posting sprees.

Which comment?

The comment that is referenced in the thread title?

The comment that is referenced in the thread title?

It's on her blog. Not today's post any longer, but yesterday's. I think the title is "Why no house tour?" or something similar.

Just go to her website mentioned in the first post and scroll down to yesterday's post.

Sometimes I try to read her looooooooong, draaaawwwwwn-out theological the Gospel According to Candy posts and I never make it past about the third paragraph. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cray-cray Candy is cray-cray.

Sometimes I try to read her looooooooong, draaaawwwwwn-out theological the Gospel According to Candy posts and I never make it past about the third paragraph. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cray-cray Candy is cray-cray.

Ok, as a complete layperson on psychology, isn't the whole religious fixation and mental illness combination a real thing. Could that be why so many of the people we snark on seem to have some serious mental issues, that in the days before internet, youtube and cheap self publishing, most of them would have been known only in their own communities, yelling and handing out purple mimeographed messages to people on street corners.

It seems to me that the most rigid religious constraints are most attractive to people who feel most out of control. I don't have to find a bunch of rigid roles for my marriage to keep it going happily along. I don't have to have 15 minute chore charts to keep my household moving along at a reasonable level. I don't have to think about and worry about and preach about not having a particular kind of sex or any sex to keep me from just going out and screwing anyone who will.

It always makes me wonder the people who are most likely to put the tightest controls on themselves and their families must assume that everyone has whatever desperate needs/longing that they do. Otherwise, why impose such stringent one size must fit all rules on stuff that most of us don't get too sweaty about?

I think those with the most rigid rules and regs either don't have or don't believe they have any control over certain aspects of their lives.

I can relate to this in a small area of my life. I live in an area where people like myself are seen as owing others a living. Those who believe that they are owed a proper living prey upon certain segments of society by routinely breaking into homes and stealing valuables in a effort to redistribute assets. The authorities benefit in this scheme be accepting kick backs and the government limits our ability to fight by aggressive legislation limiting our constitutional rights as immigrants. The end result is crime waves over which I have no control. As a result I am completely "cray-cray" about security. If I blogged honestly about the time, energy and thought I put in household and personal security you guys would have a four part pinned post that would rival the Douglas Winston episode.

So yes, I believe a lot of Candy's lifestyle is her trying to cope with not have control over what happens to her family.

But I still can't figure out their timeline... their old fake wood panel trailer was in A. /Colerado. Than they moved to a neighbor state right? First to a small town ... My internet source says they lived there from 2010 to 2012, was this the Clayton home? Or did they move into the Clayton home in 2012?

[*]edited to make information more annonymos

IIRC she lived in a brick and mortar house in Colorado, they moved in 2005 to live several months in an RV, afterwards they settled in OK, lived in the old fake wood panel trailer during at least 2 years, it was in the suburbs of OK City and after that they moved in a small city in OK pan-handle. The purchase of the Clayton home must have been around 2011.

The new home is definitely a downgrade, she put a video house tour of it several months ago, but delete it after only a few days. It's an oldish trailer with very dated wallpapers...

Ok, as a complete layperson on psychology, isn't the whole religious fixation and mental illness combination a real thing. Could that be why so many of the people we snark on seem to have some serious mental issues, that in the days before internet, youtube and cheap self publishing, most of them would have been known only in their own communities, yelling and handing out purple mimeographed messages to people on street corners.

It seems to me that the most rigid religious constraints are most attractive to people who feel most out of control. I don't have to find a bunch of rigid roles for my marriage to keep it going happily along. I don't have to have 15 minute chore charts to keep my household moving along at a reasonable level. I don't have to think about and worry about and preach about not having a particular kind of sex or any sex to keep me from just going out and screwing anyone who will.

It always makes me wonder the people who are most likely to put the tightest controls on themselves and their families must assume that everyone has whatever desperate needs/longing that they do. Otherwise, why impose such stringent one size must fit all rules on stuff that most of us don't get too sweaty about?

Oh, absolutely. The years I was into VF and the Maxwells I was living with undiagnosed, untreated depression, anxiety disorder and BPD. When I realized they were all full of shit and my house of cards came crashing down, I ended up swimming in vodka and self-harm before I got professional help.

Weekly therapy, Lexapro and Seroquel do a hell of a lot more for me than any of the cray-crays ever did. :D

Candy today - Jan 21

If you read today's post, and read it from the perspective on not knowing anything about Candy's past blogging history and style, I'd stay today was pretty much unsnarkable. Good going girl. I know you can write a nice, sweet, lovely homeschool mom blog, if you'd give a go. Your readership will broaden too!

I love Candy. She is unpredictable and kooky without the Zsu hate-filled rants. They must have moved at least 5 times since I started reading her blog. I don't check in on her regularly because she posts at odd intervals and periodically changes her blog address. To OP - thanks for posting this as I will catch up. I am surprised she is not doing a home tour - she was REALLY into that a couple years back and pimped out all her reader's home tours, as well. I agree she is likely paranoid at baseline and her religious beliefs probably don't help much.

I am not familiar with this blogger so bear with me. What's the deal with her husband that he can't hold jobs and they move around so much? Can anyone give me a quick summary/history?

He's a loser, but C. claims he's an inventor and too brilliant for mundane work. He only likes thin women, and this contributes greatly to C.' struggles with her weight and body image. In my opinion, the religious stuff comes mostly from C. and he's somewhat tagging along. Both seem to have a penchant for prepping and conspiracy theories.

He's a loser, but C. claims he's an inventor and too brilliant for mundane work. He only likes thin women, and this contributes greatly to C.' struggles with her weight and body image. In my opinion, the religious stuff comes mostly from C. and he's somewhat tagging along. Both seem to have a penchant for prepping and conspiracy theories.

Thanks, Cran for the quick summary. I was wondering if he was one of those loser types that the wife comes up with "he's too smart for this job" kind of excuses. And a bit of tin foil thrown in.

He had a patent bought this year so they got a windfall. She got some needed dental work done and they upgraded all the kids computers. He's got some design knowledge, but he's so far to the right politically that most people stay the hell away from him. They made these odd videos about life after Obama, when the world came to an end. Erik and Candy have divorced his family because they don't support their beliefs. I worry about the kids and what will happen as they grow older. At least she says the have some outside friends but knowing Candy, who knows?

Oh yeah, she covers her head but not when she exercises, bathes, or swims.

What bothers me is that she is so self centered. When the tornados hit Moore OK which is just up the road from Edmonds, she never said one word, not even to thank God that they were safe.

:naughty:

Thanks, Cran for the quick summary. I was wondering if he was one of those loser types that the wife comes up with "he's too smart for this job" kind of excuses. And a bit of tin foil thrown in.

Isn't the proper label "visionary"?

Archived