IGNORED

Sperm switched at an Utah fertility clinic

Chowder Head

Woman finds out that her daughter's dad is not the real dad by playing with one of the for fun geology genetic test. Leads to discover of lots of possible abuse.

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/st ... pt=us_bn10

Blog: http://lippertschildren.blogspot.com/

http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/2 ... ation.html

The family should get a paternity test using a DNA sample from a known male descendant of this guy. Genealogical DNA tests ARE NOT paternity tests.

According to the article they have already identified the sperm donor.

Holy fucking shit.

This sounds like an episode of SVU. What a sick fuck. So many questions. Did they not do background checks on their employees? How did this guy only spend 2 years in prison for kidnapping and torturing a girl for weeks?

Egads, should 'concerned individuals' contact the lab or should the lab also be contacting anyone who might have cause to worry? I would think any other unintended children of this guy should be provided access to his medical history and possibly find out who their half-siblings are (if only to avoid marrying them...).

Egads, should 'concerned individuals' contact the lab or should the lab also be contacting anyone who might have cause to worry? I would think any other unintended children of this guy should be provided access to his medical history and possibly find out who their half-siblings are (if only to avoid marrying them...).

The guy is dead, the lab is closed and there are no records. Unless the parents do a DNA test, they won't know.

I suspect there are many more. A guy who does this doesn't do it once. Remember Dr. Cecil Jacobson? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Jacobson The only difference (and it's a big one) is the parents knew they were getting donor sperm. He just used HIS sperm every time.

This is just wrong. Did they do any background checks on the guy before they hired him? And how creepy is it that he kept a board of the children's photos?

How can there be no records? Are they really trying to say they kept no record at all after they closed?

How can there be no records? Are they really trying to say they kept no record at all after they closed?

If they had a clue this happened, they might have closed and destroyed records the moment it was legal, to avoid having proof of knowledge.

I wonder when the first "all woman" fertility clinic will open-- no male employees... while women could still screw around with the donor sperm, it would be less simple for them.

I wonder when the first "all woman" fertility clinic will open-- no male employees... while women could still screw around with the donor sperm, it would be less simple for them.

Well, unless the company also bans outside contractors, there's no way to prevent a man from accessing the clinic's stocks. Many places will hire outside contractors to do tech support and janitorial work....and it may be hard to convince them to ONLY send female workers (especially since both fields are more male heavy). Plus, I wonder if there's any sex discrimination laws that would prevent a medical clinic from not hiring qualified males (i.e male techs, male doctors etc).

I feel the best way to prevent this type of thing are stricter protocols and tighter controls over the donations. Just unilaterally banning males seems as discriminatory and unfair as banning females from certain professions because "women get pregnant but males can't". I don't believe we should ban people based on gender because it's just "easier". My two cents.

REminds me of the Dutch twins several years ago--one was the husband/father's the other was black and was from sloppy work or reused glassware

Archived