IGNORED

Sproul Wedding Watch

love2scrap

A cheaper solution, at least with some heating systems, would be to position the towel rod over the heat vent. In winter, that helps the towels dry out faster between uses, too.

If I lived in a more humid area, I might need a warmer to dry towels between showers. My vents in the bathroom are in the ceiling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The writing on their website is just grating. She (I think Darby wrote it) is trying wayyyy too hard to be cutesy and witty and whatever. That style of writing can work, when it's more natural, but it's pretty obvious to me that she is forcing it. It seems like every. single. fundy. girl. writes like this. The trick to writing is trying out new things and writing a lot, so that you develop your OWN style and it stops sounding forced. (That's probably not God-honoring though. Takes away your focus from Jesus and makes you too independent.) Overall, it's like she (and other fundy girls who do this) are trying to write themselves as the perfect fundy girl/woman, which not only includes promoting their accomplishments, but being appropriately "quirky" (/witty/cutesy) as well. Not too quirky, mind you, but YES I DO HAVE MY OWN (appropriately feminine) INTERESTS AND AM NOT BEING HELD BACK BY MY LIFESTYLE-type quirky. And I think that's part of it for me - I know her lifestyle is restrictive, and conscious or not, she is trying to write the perfect fundy life on the wedding page, from their bios to their relationship to the proposal - but others in that world might not realize that. Perhaps to another fundy girl, using "longest hours of Darby's life" to describe waiting for her dad to make the decision about her courtship would sound relatable, and not melodramatic the way it does to me.

OMG and STOP talking about yourself in third person. I get that one person is writing it for both of you. It would read a lot easier if you just established at the beginning which partner is writing the description and write it from your perspective instead of making it a little obvious who's writing, but talking about yourself in the third person. I think that's pretty common on wedding websites though, just annoys me.

Example... Nobody cares that you text your fiance, and it only makes you sound kinda obsessive/clingy if that's what you spend half your day doing! (I know that some people text a lot, I do too with some people, but the point is that that's not really unusual enough to point out/be funny and emphasizing it too much makes it seem like it is actually too much.)

Darby lives in Florida with her family. She is a student at Reformation Bible College, and in her spare time she reads, texts her fiance, cooks, texts her fiance, plays with her siblings, texts her fiance...you get the idea. She loves Mumford and Sons, bread, Jesus, and singing. She and Chris both share a passion for providing a voice for the unborn, and hope to adopt someday.

Darby and Jasmine B are students at the same college.

REALLY???? I thought Jasmine was doing collegeminus? And that she didn't need to go to college in the first place, because she could get an Oxford education from her dear father under his protection.

And I could swear that Darby was in collegeminus at some point herself.

Darby and Jasmine B are students at the same college.

Reformation College was founded and is operated by RC Sproul, per its web site. Darby may get a discount on tuition!

And, here's the faculty. reformationbiblecollege.org/academics/#faculty

Their explanation of the evils of accreditation, though they sort of will be maybe...

Accreditation

RBC is authorized to grant degrees by the State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities in the State of Florida and is in compliance with Section 1005.06(1)(f), Florida Statutes pursuant to religious institutions.

Therefore, RBC is an institution that is not under the jurisdiction or purview of the commission on independent education, is not required to obtain licensure, and does not operate under governmental oversight. The degree programs of RBC are designed solely for religious purposes.

Because of the high standards set for RBC’s administration and faculty, we%20are%20poised%20to%20be%20considered%20“accredited†and have already developed solid relationships with several of the leading seminaries in the United States.

"We are thankful that the graduate-level academic community has given Reformation Bible College a warm and affirming welcome. Several reformed-minded seminaries have already expressed their desire to receive our students." - Dr. Michael Morales, Provost and Professor of Old Testament

reformationbiblecollege.org/about/#accreditation

Indeed, I do - and I will see what I can do. That said, I must tread very carefully: I've always had a yen for ginger men .... which R.C. Jr. is.......but I'm not into discipline, domestic nor BDSM. It could get really get complicated if ole Spanky's eyes met mine .... :wink-penguin:

Should we add "RC Sproul is a wife-spanker" to the TW Eston is a Testicle and Doug Phillips is a Tool list?

What a weird way to sign your name. Africa is a continent. Debrand from the US would sound strange but be less strange then Debrand from North America. Have they been naturalized into an African country?

This drives me nuts too! It's an incredibly diverse continent at that.

I believe the Chanceys live in Nairobi. Why not say from Kenya? Do the homeschoolers not know where that is?

well ladies, Darby is cutting off all wedding details on her very public FB page. She must have found us and can't take the comments....of course her friends all agree so I suppose someone will have to snoop on her website.....These fundies can dish it out but cant take any criticism/questions/concerns can they?

well ladies, Darby is cutting off all wedding details on her very public FB page. She must have found us and can't take the comments....of course her friends all agree so I suppose someone will have to snoop on her website.....These fundies can dish it out but cant take any criticism/questions/concerns can they?

Not surprising. Ms Darby came to FJ and made a comment or three a while back...before her mother passed away.

I have much sympathy for Darby on the death of her mother and special needs sister. No one deserves that.

HOWEVER, she is a brat. She is so anti Catholic to the point of refusing to protest clinics alongside with them. She is ( of course) rabidly pro life. She is no better than her father or any of the other Reformed folks who hate Catholics.

This wedding is no different than the others. She is 20, has "known" her fiance for a few years and will be pregnant this time next year with her "college" degree from Reformation Bible College.

She also plans to adopt. Nothing about bio babies but she mentions she hopes to adopt.

I've got the book cover (went a bit more towards the boy's adventure route, due to the famous picture):

iqBD09L.jpg

Oh, this is so good...thanks for the Friday funny!! :lol:

I just read the FB post and found it hilarious. Persecution! And all the fundies chiming in with complete sympathy for her persecution. Do they not like us talking about her dad being a wife-spanking control freak loser or is it they are in denial about Doug Phillips being a tool?

My goal for Darby is that she get some productive hobbies instead of hanging around women's clinics making a nuisance of herself.

Oh, this is so good...thanks for the Friday funny!! :lol:

I just wanted to say, again, how much I love this. And I'm pretty sure the "Chanceys of Africa" have no idea who Edgar Rice B. is which makes it even funnier.

I just read the FB post and found it hilarious. Persecution! And all the fundies chiming in with complete sympathy for her persecution. Do they not like us talking about her dad being a wife-spanking control freak loser or is it they are in denial about Doug Phillips being a tool?

My goal for Darby is that she get some productive hobbies instead of hanging around women's clinics making a nuisance of herself.

Yes, it never fails to amaze me - put every scrap of your personal information out there on public blogs and websites like Facebook, make some controversial statements, and then scream persecution and privacy invasion when people exercise their right to free speech and dare to disagree.

Also saw her whining on FB and had to laugh.

It would be great if Ms. Darby extended the same consideration of personal privacy to others -- such as the women she harasses at women's clinics -- but she's such a hypocritical twit that it seems unlikely.

I find Darby one of the most insufferable and ridiculously self righteous fundies, and she totally deserves to have her wedding picketed. She thinks its ok to harass women at vulnerable and emotional moments and force them to listen to her world view - some marriage equality activists should do the same to her/

Can someone quickly wrap up the story behind her family? Is there a blog or something? :D

I don't understand why people post their wedding websites publicly.. We also made one but secured by password so noone gets to read it who is not supposed to. :D

The writing on their website is just grating. She (I think Darby wrote it) is trying wayyyy too hard to be cutesy and witty and whatever. That style of writing can work, when it's more natural, but it's pretty obvious to me that she is forcing it. It seems like every. single. fundy. girl. writes like this. The trick to writing is trying out new things and writing a lot, so that you develop your OWN style and it stops sounding forced. (That's probably not God-honoring though. Takes away your focus from Jesus and makes you too independent.) Overall, it's like she (and other fundy girls who do this) are trying to write themselves as the perfect fundy girl/woman, which not only includes promoting their accomplishments, but being appropriately "quirky" (/witty/cutesy) as well. Not too quirky, mind you, but YES I DO HAVE MY OWN (appropriately feminine) INTERESTS AND AM NOT BEING HELD BACK BY MY LIFESTYLE-type quirky. And I think that's part of it for me - I know her lifestyle is restrictive, and conscious or not, she is trying to write the perfect fundy life on the wedding page, from their bios to their relationship to the proposal - but others in that world might not realize that. Perhaps to another fundy girl, using "longest hours of Darby's life" to describe waiting for her dad to make the decision about her courtship would sound relatable, and not melodramatic the way it does to me.

OMG and STOP talking about yourself in third person. I get that one person is writing it for both of you. It would read a lot easier if you just established at the beginning which partner is writing the description and write it from your perspective instead of making it a little obvious who's writing, but talking about yourself in the third person. I think that's pretty common on wedding websites though, just annoys me.

Example... Nobody cares that you text your fiance, and it only makes you sound kinda obsessive/clingy if that's what you spend half your day doing! (I know that some people text a lot, I do too with some people, but the point is that that's not really unusual enough to point out/be funny and emphasizing it too much makes it seem like it is actually too much.)

Good to know that Mumford and Sons and bread come before Jesus. :lol:

She lost me at "Mumford and Sons." (Oh, wait, she lost me a long time before that by being a self-righteous, sanctimonious, judgmental bitch. But then she lost me again at "Mumford and Sons.")

In my fundie days I always knew that even if you didn't actually like Jesus more than you like bread, you stick Him first anyway because all good fundies know that Jesus is supposed to come first in your life.

I think I like Jesus more than Mumford and Sons.

In my fundie days I always knew that even if you didn't actually like Jesus more than you like bread, you stick Him first anyway because all good fundies know that Jesus is supposed to come first in your life.

I think I like Jesus more than Mumford and Sons.

Me too, and I'm an athieist.

Can someone quickly wrap up the story behind her family? Is there a blog or something? :D

I don't understand why people post their wedding websites publicly.. We also made one but secured by password so noone gets to read it who is not supposed to. :D

Grandfather is R.C. Sproul, a Presbyterian-ish theologian who lives in splendor in Florida and may have had some radio or tv programs.

Father is R.C. Sproul, Jr., who IIRC is ordained but pretty much lost his congregation over some financial shenanigans, the details of which escape me. There's a video of him instructing a meeting of men in his home, in which he's fairly incoherent but won't stop talking. It's one of the uneasiest things I've ever viewed where all the participants remained fully clothed.

Mother is the late Denise Sproul, God rest her soul, who died a few years ago of cancer, leaving quite a few young children, including 2 boys of African descent who were adopted. Gossip [sic] on spiritualsoundingboard.com has it that when she displeased her husband during a dinner party they were hosting at their home, he physically punished her and send her alone to a room for an adult version of a time-out.

IOW, a very sad bunch. I'd keep all my troubles before I'd borrow a minute from the best times of that family. Srsly. Sad.

Father is R.C. Sproul, Jr., who IIRC is ordained but pretty much lost his congregation over some financial shenanigans, the details of which escape me. There's a video of him instructing a meeting of men in his home, in which he's fairly incoherent but won't stop talking. It's one of the uneasiest things I've ever viewed where all the participants remained fully clothed.

Is this an annotated excerpt from that video, or a different ramble?

lBE8y7hw9Po

Archived