IGNORED

Sproul Wedding Watch

love2scrap

March 29 2014.

R C Sproul's daughter Darby set to wed one Chris Stouffer. I think Doug my be in attendance due to JT Phillips comment about being excited. Darby's facebook page has tons of money saving ideas from fellow fundies of the VF type. (Search darby maeve sproul)

Ceremony is open to public. Any FJers willing to gatecrash?

Wedding website

theknot.com/wedding/chris-and-darby

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their guestbook has been graced with an entry from "The Chanceys of Africa." Sounds like "Lord and Lady of the Manor" to me... :evil-eye:

Their guestbook has been graced with an entry from "The Chanceys of Africa." Sounds like "Lord and Lady of the Manor" to me... :evil-eye:

What a weird way to sign your name. Africa is a continent. Debrand from the US would sound strange but be less strange then Debrand from North America. Have they been naturalized into an African country?

They want someone to buy them a $90 towel warmer? Because when you step out of your hot shower you can't bear to have a frigid or, heck, even just room-temperature towel touch your precious bare bits? :cray-cray:

Holy first world problems Batman.

I love towel and blanket warmers, but they are definitely luxuries.

The Chanceys of Africa! I'm sure in Jennie's vivid imagination, their life is a 12-part epic from Masterpiece Theatre, with a sweeping score by Benjamin Botkin. The romance reaches its peak when Matt tenderly washes her hair (a la Redford) and rinses it with a pitcher of water from one of the wells he selflessly dug for the unappreciative savages.

"Rule Twitannia!"

The Chanceys of Africa! I'm sure in Jennie's vivid imagination, their life is a 12-part epic from Masterpiece Theatre, with a sweeping score by Benjamin Botkin. The romance reaches its peak when Matt tenderly washes her hair (a la Redford) and rinses it with a pitcher of water from one of the wells he selflessly dug for the unappreciative savages.

"Rule Twitannia!"

I've got the book cover (went a bit more towards the boy's adventure route, due to the famous picture):

iqBD09L.jpg

March 29 2014.

R C Sproul's daughter Darby set to wed one Chris Stouffer. I think Doug my be in attendance due to JT Phillips comment about being excited. Darby's facebook page has tons of money saving ideas from fellow fundies of the VF type. (Search darby maeve sproul)

Ceremony is open to public. Any FJers willing to gatecrash?

Wedding website

theknot.com/wedding/chris-and-darby

MamaJuneBug!!! You know your duty to the hive!

I've got the book cover (went a bit more towards the boy's adventure route, due to the famous picture):

iqBD09L.jpg

I love this so much!!!!!

Didn't Darby's mom die ? And her foul dad is a widower ? Or am I confusing my fundies?

I'm sort of surprised the Dad didn't remarry within 6 weeks, but after some other things I've read about it, I can't imagine

fundie gals lining up to wed him.

And I'd like to add I'm sorry about her Mom. As I recall, she died of cancer and it was really sad. I wish life had been better for her

and that she was able to triumph over the scourge of cancer. But I really sort of loathe the dad.

They want someone to buy them a $90 towel warmer? Because when you step out of your hot shower you can't bear to have a frigid or, heck, even just room-temperature towel touch your precious bare bits? :cray-cray:

Holy first world problems Batman.

A cheaper solution, at least with some heating systems, would be to position the towel rod over the heat vent. In winter, that helps the towels dry out faster between uses, too.

Didn't Darby's mom die ? And her foul dad is a widower ? Or am I confusing my fundies?

I'm sort of surprised the Dad didn't remarry within 6 weeks, but after some other things I've read about it, I can't imagine

fundie gals lining up to wed him.

And I'd like to add I'm sorry about her Mom. As I recall, she died of cancer and it was really sad. I wish life had been better for her

and that she was able to triumph over the scourge of cancer. But I really sort of loathe the dad.

Yup, and Darby has the raising of her little siblings. I don't know how they're going to cope when she moves out.

I have much sympathy for Darby on the death of her mother and special needs sister. No one deserves that.

HOWEVER, she is a brat. She is so anti Catholic to the point of refusing to protest clinics alongside with them. She is ( of course) rabidly pro life. She is no better than her father or any of the other Reformed folks who hate Catholics.

This wedding is no different than the others. She is 20, has "known" her fiance for a few years and will be pregnant this time next year with her "college" degree from Reformation Bible College.

Very Lawrence of Arabia.

Holy attendants Batman! Seven bridesmaids and three flower girls!

And the best man is the groom's father? Is this normal in dominionist circles?

She put her cell phone number on the site. I hope some of the women she harasses outside abortion clinics find it and insist on her hearing them question her choices as she goes about her life.

Myriads of restaurants? Darby, Darby, Darby, perhaps you should have stayed at the SOTDRT a little more and spent a little less time harassing adult women seeking healthcare.

MamaJuneBug!!! You know your duty to the hive!

Indeed, I do - and I will see what I can do. That said, I must tread very carefully: I've always had a yen for ginger men .... which R.C. Jr. is.......but I'm not into discipline, domestic nor BDSM. It could get really get complicated if ole Spanky's eyes met mine .... :wink-penguin:

I have much sympathy for Darby on the death of her mother and special needs sister. No one deserves that.

HOWEVER, she is a brat. She is so anti Catholic to the point of refusing to protest clinics alongside with them. She is ( of course) rabidly pro life. She is no better than her father or any of the other Reformed folks who hate Catholics.

This wedding is no different than the others. She is 20, has "known" her fiance for a few years and will be pregnant this time next year with her "college" degree from Reformation Bible College.

I hope she gets pregnant so many times she barely has a chance to breathe between babies, and that it makes her at the very least reconsider her judgmental attitude about abortion and (presumably) birth control.

I hope she gets pregnant so many times she barely has a chance to breathe between babies, and that it makes her at the very least reconsider her judgmental attitude about abortion and (presumably) birth control.

:clap: I am so very, very tired of these fundies' obsession with other people's "unborn."

I love this so much!!!!!

Thanks, but I just noticed I made a typo on "dominion" and never caught it! "Domininon?" Sounds like a 12-step program for people trying to give up dominionism. :lol:

Archived