IGNORED

Utah Man, On Hunger Strike To Halt Gay Marriage

doggie

He says he deleted the so called death threats. I don't think he got one. I love how people are sending him pictures of food on twitter. Oh, and he's got a fiance in Thailand. Oh I wish you could meet my girlfriend, but you can't because she is in Thailand!

This reminds me of Lutz on 30 Rock, who has a fiance in Canada the entire series. Her website is something like jdlutz.com_mygirlfriendisreal I have a hunch his fiance has a similar website.

Would you like some potatoes with that? ;)

Oh, honey, thank you!!! I will take some funeral potatoes, worms and a glass of chardonnay.

This reminds me of Lutz on 30 Rock, who has a fiance in Canada the entire series. Her website is something like jdlutz.com_mygirlfriendisreal I have a hunch his fiance has a similar website.

I think of this:

I couldn't get it to load ( it's me, not you) but if it's "My Girlfriend Who Lives In Canada", we thought the same thing. And is he eating yet?

I believe he is from a very rural area of Utah. There is no mental health help available sadly. In fact if you live south of Provo unless you are in the criminal justice system or extremely wealthy there is no help for anyone. I asked my child doctor about mental health services and he had countless stories to tell of kids who had try to commit suicide or had eating disorders or women with seveer post partum depression and there is just no help(he tells parents to set up 24/7 watches of their kids), basically one psychartrist for 250k+ people who has to take prisoners first and then any left over time which is very little is for people who might harm others. I believe there is a semi-retired psych dr that takes cash only for the wealthy retirees in St George.

The girlfriend is oh so typical of nerdy Mormon rural Utah men. They go on a mission and bring back a girlfriend. It is also a sign in some of a serious control issues in some of these guys.

I was reading some local articles and the LDS community is pretty mad at him. they are telling him to turn over his recommend or for his bishop to disfellowship him.

I couldn't get it to load ( it's me, not you) but if it's "My Girlfriend Who Lives In Canada", we thought the same thing. And is he eating yet?

Yup that's the song. :cracking-up:

And no he's not eating.

Does he live with family? If so, what will probably happen is that he will continue to fast until be loses consciousness. At that point, an ambulance can take him, because when consciousness is lost consent is implied. They will take him to the hospital, pump him full of glucose, and that will be the end of that.

Maybe the 'gays' in his living room can take 5 seconds out of their 'evil rooting' time and call an ambulance after he passes out?

:cray-cray:

whats the point of sending death threats to someone who has avowed that they will starve themselves to death anyway? seems a bit of a logic fail

CNN is saying that the Supreme Court just blocked more gay marriages from being performed. I guess this guy can start eating again...

CNN is saying that the Supreme Court just blocked more gay marriages from being performed. I guess this guy can start eating again...

I'm sure he'll take all the credit for it, too... *eye roll*

I'm sure he'll take all the credit for it, too... *eye roll*

Unfortunately, I think he's going to take the credit for that, as he's in line at Cafe Rio. :angry-banghead:

Does he live with family? If so, what will probably happen is that he will continue to fast until be loses consciousness. At that point, an ambulance can take him, because when consciousness is lost consent is implied. They will take him to the hospital, pump him full of glucose, and that will be the end of that.

A group of students did this when I was in college. one was in recovery from an eating disorder. This is basically what happened. She passed out first and had to stop.

A group of students did this when I was in college. one was in recovery from an eating disorder. This is basically what happened. She passed out first and had to stop.

*nod* I know that that is what they do with prisoners, cuz I was an EMT student and we discussed it. One of my friends was upset that her cousin was trying to kill himself in this manner (he's been in prison for 15 years for practically nothing.) and wouldn't believe me when I told her they wouldn't let him do that. And then I turned out to be right, and they still didn't admit it.

Just a regular Bobby Sands there! Really standing up for something important, like letting people get married. What a hero he is :eye roll:

vote-ut.org/Intro.aspx?State=UT&Id=UTMeachamTrestin He's former navy and former state senate candidate in the Constitution Party (Doug Phillip's Dad's old party, isnt' it?)

He now has promised his fiancee that he will not go on another hunger strike AND will however, not watch football if the law goes back.

My God, if not watching football is a political statement, my household has been making one for 35 years.

On his Facebook page he's counting the days. He's also letting everyone know what radio/tv stations he'll be on and that he's getting death threats from the "tolerant" liberals (paraphrasing, his words). Frankly, he sounds like kind of an attention whore. Maybe when he decides to quietly stop, I'll bring it up day after day just for fun (or until he blocks me).

Why would anyone send him death threats when he's already killing himself? Seriously.

This is like holding your breath but not plugging your nose. You can look like you're holding your breath forever but no one can see that you're still taking little breaths through your nose. He's probably just eating/drinking and just making a big fuss about himself.

vote-ut.org/Intro.aspx?State=UT&Id=UTMeachamTrestin He's former navy and former state senate candidate in the Constitution Party (Doug Phillip's Dad's old party, isnt' it?)

He now has promised his fiancee that he will not go on another hunger strike AND will however, not watch football if the law goes back.

My God, if not watching football is a political statement, my household has been making one for 35 years.

Run woman RUUUUUUNNNNN

But then if THAT doesn't work, he's gonna hold his breath until he turns blue! And then we'll be sorry. Or something. :?

But then if THAT doesn't work, he's gonna hold his breath until he turns blue! And then we'll be sorry. Or something. :?

More like his body will eventually force himself to start breathing again... It has a nasty habit of doing that on occasion.

Somebody scrubbed all their hunger strike posts on FB. I wonder why?

That was bound to happen when he gave up. If Utah's ban on marriage equality is struck down once and for all, I sincerely hope someone films this guy's reaction.

Archived