• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
doggie

Sometimes it pays to be a atheist in a tornado.

doggie

I can't blame the guy and it is so true.

tdhDq5mgkx4

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

August

He's right. I would be pissed if I donated and they thanked some imaginary bullshit for it.

That lady has a career now developing a humanist disaster volunteer network in the US.

Depressed
formergothardite

"Thanking Jesus for only killing their neighbors and not them." That is pretty true of all the disasters where people have died and the survivors go on about how Jesus protected them. Sorry little kids who died in the tornado, Jesus was protecting that dog.

RosyDaisy

Being thankful for surviving a natural disaster DOES NOT mean thankful that others died or that they deserved to die.

JenniferJuniper
Being thankful for surviving a natural disaster DOES NOT mean thankful that others died or that they deserved to die.

No, but believing a sky person listened to the thoughts in your head and then decided to spare your dog clearly implies that you also believe said sky person opted not to spare the lives of the people who died. Did he think more of you and your prayers? Of your dog? Or was he just too busy to get to the others in time?

The point is that atheists think all this thanking Jesus stuff is nonsense.

doggie

the 'god works in mysterious ways" "god's perfect plan" and suck ilk is the way Christians blame god in a passive/aggressive way. of course I am sure god is smart enough to know he is getting blamed and Christians foolishly thinking god won't notice.

Depressed
formergothardite

You can be thankful, but there is no way to thank God for keeping you alive without admitting that he chose to let other people die. If God is actively saving you, then he didn't save another person.

Depressed
formergothardite
nonetheless,I would still thank God that I survived!

Why? Out of habit or because you really think he did something to keep you alive?

doggie
nonetheless,I would still thank God that I survived!

what do you say to him about the people he let die? can't have one without the other.

RosyDaisy

Yeah, I attended 2 funerals in the days after the the April 27, 2011 tornadoes, and I totally felt like a speshul snowflake because God saved me and let my friends die.

Depressed
formergothardite

How do you explain why God saved you and didn't save other people if you thank God for saving you? That is something that I always struggled with even when I was a believer. If I avoided a disaster people would say things like "God was watching over you." "Thank God he was there for you." and all I could think of was "Why me and not other people?" If God is so involved in the lives of people that he protects a dog, then He must of willingly allowed other people to die. I made a horrible Christian because I could never buy into "God's way is a mystery." or "God's way isn't our way." to explain away these sorts of things.

doggie

I that's like the god bless you meaning your a ass. It's a kind way to blame god. If you can think god thinks you are a special snowflake while a child starves to death every 3 minutes then what does that say about you as a person?

latraviata

Perhaps not, but why do they so often say, God had another plan for me?

Doesn't that imply not a plan for the other suckers?

Enraged
NellieBell

Thank God all you want but don't do it in public.

RosyDaisy

I won't speculate how others feel. All I know is that when I thank God, I do not believe that He chose to spare me and not others. The tornado killed my friends, not God. I don't know how else to explain it, and I'm just going to leave it at that.