IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie of 'A love worth waiting for' is back! (Merged)

Slt

She hasn't blogged about much and she talked about her brother's trip to Africa. I admit I thought the pic of her reading to the kids was cute.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at those photos and the pics of Lyndsie's daughter and I kind of see it too. If there is something wrong with the kids, I also wish Lydnsie and Daniel the best. But I would also worry because Lyndsie said, on the old blog that they do plan to homeschool. She also said something about Daniel being smarter than her and how he would have to help her homeschool their kids.

Well, I give Lyndsie credit for adopting a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome (this can be detected in utero). It shows she just wanted a baby, and not perfect baby. I actually think it may be a good idea to homeschool a child with this condition, so I don't think the homeschooling should be a worry.

In case you all don't know the history on "A Love Worth Waiting For", it was the title of a song Daniel wrote and sang to Lazy at their wedding reception. You're welcome.

ETA: I do not know how to embed a Youtube video here. Ugh...How the hell does this work????? I've edited about 9 times now with no success.

In case you all don't know the history on "A Love Worth Waiting For", it was the title of a song Daniel wrote and sang to Lazy at their wedding reception. You're welcome.

ETA: I do not know how to embed a Youtube video here. Ugh...How the hell does this work????? I've edited about 9 times now with no success.

Yeah, the name of her blog reminds me of the movie Teeth, where the main character (who is SUPER obsessed with abstinence and bases her life around it) wore a t-shirt to school with the words "Love is worth waiting for" and got made fun of.

I remember with the old blog A Love Worth Waiting For, Lyndsie had been blogging prior to her and Daniel getting married. Her cancer battles and the wedding planning were also detailed on the blog.

Bah, I hate the Toms on Daniel too. They're cheaply made shoes that people buy because they think it's an act of charity. And it's always twentysomething girls and the occasional hipstery/trendy/gay guy who wears them... :\

In HK, you can get them for less than $5 USD. They've been used there as kids gym shoes for ages because they're so cheap. Go to Chinatown, buy an unbranded pair for $5, and donate the other $50 you would've spent on the Toms name brand to charity...

The link worked. Oh my bleeding ears. Why do Fundies think they should sing at weddings when their voices are not that good in the first place and emotion chokes them?

The sound quality wasn't good and I did not catch all the words ... but did Daniel actually try to channel/plagiarize/write new words for Elton John?

Yowser! Elton should/could sue for that travesty.

ETA. Lyndsie's "missionary" brother seems to be connected to ROCK International. No skilz, nothing real to contribute to Niger. He went there with only "the clothes on his back" but managed to rent a nice little house and buy a motor bike to impress the locals. He is evangelizing -- so praise the LORD. /sarcasm/.

His blog is typical obnoxious missionary. They are not doing anything to help anyone, other than "saving" these people's souls because they're worshiping a different god or gods.

His blog is typical obnoxious missionary. They are not doing anything to help anyone, other than "saving" these people's souls because they're worshiping a different god or gods.

Where is his blog?

That's what pisses me off so much about missionaries. They're on a mission to change people's minds -- to drive them away from the way they worship to the way the missionaries worship. They wipe out culture -- why do they think that's okay? Another blog I read is that of Jaynee and Daniel Lockwood (and they have been known to read here and sometimes post here). While they are a nice family, they still call what they are doing "soul winning" when they score yet another person to convert from their native (Mexico) Catholicism to Christianity. How is that okay? Grrrrr. Jaynee recently used the word "drunkard" to describe a man in their community, which I thought was really sad and sort of tells you right there how superior they feel about the people they are ministering to. Sigh.

Where is his blog?

That's what pisses me off so much about missionaries. They're on a mission to change people's minds -- to drive them away from the way they worship to the way the missionaries worship. They wipe out culture -- why do they think that's okay? Another blog I read is that of Jaynee and Daniel Lockwood (and they have been known to read here and sometimes post here). While they are a nice family, they still call what they are doing "soul winning" when they score yet another person to convert from their native (Mexico) Catholicism to Christianity. How is that okay? Grrrrr. Jaynee recently used the word "drunkard" to describe a man in their community, which I thought was really sad and sort of tells you right there how superior they feel about the people they are ministering to. Sigh.

His blog is "Life as a Follower of Jesus" -- madisongbeggs.blogspot.com/

As far as I can tell, he is another person begging funds from his home church to be in Niger on an extended vacation. Voluntourism, ROCK International-style. He went to Niger via France for 5 weeks to learn French. Apparently there are no French immersion courses in the US. His mission seems to consist of volunteering at a school, playing soccer with kids and bribing them with Christmas presents if they come to prayer meetings.

Here is an example of his vast understanding of religion and culture in Niger.

A few days after I arrived in Niger I got to experience something that some of you may not even know still exist. It's a holiday that the Muslims celebrate one day a year. They call it "Tabaski" and basically each family will buy a lamb that most of them can't even afford. They sacrifice this lamb to the prophet Mohammed for their sins for that year. There are two problems with this. One, they are worshipping a false god who has been dead for a long time and can't forgive anyone’s sins. And two, we no longer need to give a sacrifice because the perfect Lamb of God was already sacrificed for you and me two thousand years ago. Jesus! So pray for these precious people that their eyes will be opened to the one and only true King.

Madison, you ignorant little chump, ever heard of Abraham and Isaac? Go and read Genesis.

You provide your readers with this gem and follow it with posts about Thanksgiving and Christmas. "Tabaski" is Eid al-Adha and one of the most important Islamic festivals. It celebrates the submission of Abraham to God's will and no lambs are "sacrificed to Mohammed." Only those who can afford it are required to kill a sheep. The feast is divided into 3 parts, one part to eat on Tabaski, one to save for later (no pigging out like Americans do on Thanksgiving) and one part to distribute to the needy. Also, how many Americans buy a whole lot of crap that they really can't afford to open gifts on Christmas day? Bah!

I wish these countries would round up prosyletizers and deport them. The only thing they bring is instability and they leave behind resentments in the form of people who have been converted and who are forever viewed as traitors by their home communities.

Ugh, I hate it when people go oversees and act like their culture/religion/way of life is superior to the culture/religion/way of life of the people they are visiting. If you're just going to look down your nose at people and not bother learning anything about them, keep your sorry ass at home. They're struggling and the last thing they need is condescension from a bigoted, stuck up, rich American. Sometimes my fellow countrymen embarrass me.

So which one of us is Anonymous? Whoever they are awesome for their comments. I'm amazed she allowed it on the blog and responded!

whereyourgraceabounds.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-beautiful-adoption.html#comment-form

I wonder how her health is. Her latest blog post makes it sound like things may have been rough recently.

"I recently started a small monogramming business which has always been a dream of mine and I am absolutely loving it! It has been so much fun making clothes and monogramming shirts for my little ones."

This made me laugh! Seems Lazy Lyndsie has found her calling in life!

Not everyone who buys Toms is a hipster who thinks they're doing charity work... I buy them for two reasons only: they're more comfortable than any other slip on shoes I've ever owned, and I can walked around in them without them slipping off my feet. I think the charity aspect is probably b.s. (but I've never really looked into it so I can't say for sure).

I have wondered if her kids have any delays and agree that they look like they could be genetically related. Hard to say for sure, but it would explain that second quick adoption.

Those kids have "Boris Becker" eyes.

I wonder how her health is. Her latest blog post makes it sound like things may have been rough recently.

What made you think that? I agree btw.

Not snarking, just a, "Hey, wait!" moment - that sweater that her little boy is in in the professional family photos is from Target. I know because I bought the exact same sweater in red for my boy to wear for Christmas. :lol:

I do, however, take exception to this sentence of hers about her son: "Even though he is all boy, he is still very sweet and compassionate and has been a wonderful big brother..." As a mother of a son, there is no reason why my boy can't be sweet and compassionate AND still be "all boy." It really irks me the way she wrote that, like, because a boy is a boy, he is naturally lacking in empathy. Everyone should be able to be sweet and compassionate regardless of gender. :x

"I recently started a small monogramming business which has always been a dream of mine and I am absolutely loving it! It has been so much fun making clothes and monogramming shirts for my little ones."

This made me laugh! Seems Lazy Lyndsie has found her calling in life!

I bet her pal Ashley Lancaster is one of her customers.

Lazy says she's "making clothes". Hmmm, I don't know -- I don't think she's actually MAKING the clothes. She's buying them and then monogramming them with her monogram machine. Given how much time she still spends on her makeup, I don't think she's got time to actually sew.

So which one of us is Anonymous? Whoever they are awesome for their comments. I'm amazed she allowed it on the blog and responded!

whereyourgraceabounds.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-beautiful-adoption.html#comment-form

I understand the first half of this comment but not the second. "typical wealthy white americans only looking for white babies" sure, this is a typical scenario in adoption agencies across the country. But why rag on domestic adoption? If it was to spur a response, I totally get it. At least in my mind, domestic adoptions have huge benefits for both the children and the parents.

I so hate it when people spout off the crap about how an adoption was in God's plan all along. If they would just stop and think for a second they would realize that if that were true it means God is using unsuspecting women as unwilling surrogates to have babies for them (them almost always being straight, white, Christian couples), or at the least God is using someone's pain and anguish to make them happy, and that makes God the biggest asshole of all. They dismiss not only the birth parent's rolls and feeling, but also that crap serves to make the children feel like they should be grateful or feel lucky when they lost so much too. Sure they have gained a mother and father, but they also lost a mother and father. Such arrogant, entitled assholes, the lot of them.

Not snarking, just a, "Hey, wait!" moment - that sweater that her little boy is in in the professional family photos is from Target. I know because I bought the exact same sweater in red for my boy to wear for Christmas. :lol:

I bought it in red for a relative for Christmas also! It's just a funny moment isn't it?

Archived