It's not the fact that she's poor and she (may have) bought her child an expensive doll. It's that she waxes on and on about how she's in poverty but she clearly is NOT. She's just really bad at managing money, possibly willfully, because she seems to be able to afford plenty of treats for herself (cello rental, hanging out in cafes, new TV, kitchen remodel, etc). It's the same as her claiming to be infertile because she once went two years without getting pregnant, or saying she was abused and abandoned as a child because her mother put her in day care and fed her fish sticks.

This, this, and this. I would shut my mouth about what Abigail spends on, even if it were a poor budgeting choice, except for the fact that she goes on and on about how she is a Carmelite, and they live in poverty and she is so spiritual and above worldly things. I understand the items are for her children but $100 dolls don't really jibe with the whole Carmelite thing, though it's true her children didn't choose this religious vocation. (Therein lies the problem with pursuing a goal like this with five children. There's a reason nuns and monks are single.)

This, this, and this. I would shut my mouth about what Abigail spends on, even if it were a poor budgeting choice, except for the fact that she goes on and on about how she is a Carmelite, and they live in poverty and she is so spiritual and above worldly things. I understand the items are for her children but $100 dolls don't really jibe with the whole Carmelite thing, though it's true her children didn't choose this religious vocation. (Therein lies the problem with pursuing a goal like this with five children. There's a reason nuns and monks are single.)

Half the crap Abigail buys has nothing to do with her children.

Cello lessons: Abigail

Expensive chocolates: Abigail

New television: Abigail

Coffee shop: Abigail

Vacation: Abigail and Jon

Blue crab...because she's a "foodie" you know: Abigail

Shit ton of room remodels: Abigail

This chic is ALL about spending money on Abigail and the playing the poor impoverished Carmelite card. Nope, not having it.

It's not the fact that she's poor and she (may have) bought her child an expensive doll. It's that she waxes on and on about how she's in poverty but she clearly is NOT. She's just really bad at managing money, possibly willfully, because she seems to be able to afford plenty of treats for herself (cello rental, hanging out in cafes, new TV, kitchen remodel, etc). It's the same as her claiming to be infertile because she once went two years without getting pregnant, or saying she was abused and abandoned as a child because her mother put her in day care and fed her fish sticks.

This was I was kind of trying to get at earlier. We won't know the whole story with the AG doll and like I said a relative could have bought it. But I agree, Abigial is bad at managing money.

Do her parents read her blog?

I don't know. A few posters myself included were wondering about that sometime back. Abigail has said a few shitty things about her parents, the big one being how she said she was a victim of abuse or neglect because her mom put her in daycare as an infant. I know many people would pissed if their kids said shit like that. My cousin was married to a woman who made a similar comment about people who put their infants and toddlers in daycare. My cousin's ex-wife had a triplets from a previous marriage. She and her first husband divorced when the triplets were 2 and she met my cousin soon after that and they were married by the time the triplets were 4. I remember at a family event, my cousin's ex said that the reason stayed home with her triplets was because she thought it horrible for people to place their kids in daycare. That comment did piss off some of my relatives and after that a few relatives used to avoid her.

Well, what did the mother of the triplets do with her kids between marriages while she was working? Just leave them at home alone and have the dog watch them? I always wonder how single/divorced parents manage to hate on daycare?

Funny thing. I had to go back to work when my youngest was 16 months old. He used to look out the window of the daycare every day, and it would KILL me. Later on, he said he was just watching me leave. It wasn't emotional for him at all, it was just part of his day. (He is very routinized). My daughter LOVED daycare, so it was never an issue with her.

Well, what did the mother of the triplets do with her kids between marriages while she was working? Just leave them at home alone and have the dog watch them? I always wonder how single/divorced parents manage to hate on daycare?

Funny thing. I had to go back to work when my youngest was 16 months old. He used to look out the window of the daycare every day, and it would KILL me. Later on, he said he was just watching me leave. It wasn't emotional for him at all, it was just part of his day. (He is very routinized). My daughter LOVED daycare, so it was never an issue with her.

The father of the triplets was a well to do businessman and he gave my cousin's ex child support and alimony and he also provided her with a vehicle for the kids. She didn't have to work and then when she married my cousin she was getting additional income. When the triplets started school, she went back to work for a few years and then quit when she and my cousin had their only child together. Again she went back to work when that kid started school. My cousin's ex was lucky due to her situation with her first husband and I was bothered that she didn't think about the situations that other people were in.

Archived