IGNORED

Is Green Bay Packer QB Aaron Rodgers gay?

SPHASH

The Jackie Robinson effect.

I know some racists who could care less about having black players on their football team. Athletic ability makes all but the biggest bigots shut up.

Yep, Peas, come on home for a fall weekend to listen to all the Islamophobes in your home state cheering happily for a guy named Ameer Abdullah who is a practicing Muslim. They could care less as long as he keeps gaining yards.

As for Rodgers...this all gets ridiculous. If he is, that's his personal life and it is his right to come out if and when he wants to. If he is not, he is in that bad place where any denial whatsoever is taken by a certain segment of the population as confirmation.

No, he's not gay. I can't be 100% certain since I don't know him personally, but , as a Packer fan, going by everything I've ever heard or read (from far more creditable sources than online gossip rags), he is very, very (really, really) unlikely to be gay.

His fiancee would probably agree. Although they were supposed to be married last spring and the wedding was aparently cancelled, so she may now be his former fiancee...which the gossip sites can take for more of their shoddy "proof". Sigh....

Rodgers does not discuss his private life. Smart guy. It's pretty clear to me that he took his former assistant (plus his brothers and friends) to award shows and other events because he didn't want his fiancee in the spotlight, exposed to malicious gossip and stalkerish fans, etc. He even declined to confirm he had a fiancee in the first place. So if she was a beard, she was a very secret one.

The gay rumor has been around for quite a while. The usual idle gossip. I think it began with an interview he gave a long time ago when he was probably less savvy about the media, where he discussed his friendship with a roommate. Rodgers has close male friends, yes. More "proof", huh? Now those quotes are not only being misinterpreted, but the so-called "journalists" are claiming he was referring to this alleged "boyfriend" when it was actually someone else.

THere's lots of jumping to conclusions, hearsay, misinterpretation and outright lies going on in every "article" out there. Please don't believe it, or take part in spreading the lies. I could go through a long list of "facts" they've got wrong with this ridiculously overblown story, but I doubt that'll stop the gossipers. 'Cause everything on the internet is true, right?

Notice how fun it is to use quotes to make certain implications, like "rooommate" and "personal assistant".

Sorry if I'm coming across too strong. I'm just finding this story more and more irritationg. I get that a lot of people would like to see someone like Rodgers be the gay NFL representative. If there was actual truth to it, that'd be fine by me. He'd still be the same great QB and, by all reports, genuinely nice guy.

About his family and religion....I know he's a Christian, possibly quite conservative. That was definitely NOT his father who left a comment somewhere. Just the profane language used tells me that. However, it's possible they are anti-gay, or at least anti-gay marriage. I've never heard of either of his brothers working for an anti-gay group, but the younger brother was reportedly against the inclusion of gays in the Christian Athlete group at Vanderbilt. So, yeah, there's that. :(

No, he's not gay. I can't be 100% certain since I don't know him personally, but , as a Packer fan, going by everything I've ever heard or read (from far more creditable sources than online gossip rags), he is very, very (really, really) unlikely to be gay.

His fiancee would probably agree. Although they were supposed to be married last spring and the wedding was aparently cancelled, so she may now be his former fiancee...which the gossip sites can take for more of their shoddy "proof". Sigh....

Rodgers does not discuss his private life. Smart guy. It's pretty clear to me that he took his former assistant i(plus his brothers and friends) to award shows and other events because he didn't want his fiancee in the spotlight, exposed to malicious gossip and stalkerish fans, etc. He even declined to confirm he had a fiancee in the first place. So if she was a beard, she was a very secret one.

The gay rumor has been around for quite a while. The usual idle gossip. I think it began with an interview he gave a long time ago when he was probably less savvy about the media, where he discussed his friendship with a roommate. Rodgers has close male friends, yes. More "proof", huh? Now those quotes are not only being misinterpreted, but the so-called "journalists" are claiming he was referring to this alleged "boyfriend" when it was actually someone else.

THere's lots of jumping to conclusions, hearsay, misinterpretation and outright lies going on in every "article" out there. Please don't believe it, or take part in spreading the lies. I could go through a long list of "facts" they've got wrong with this ridiculously overblown story, but I doubt that'll stop the gossipers. 'Cause everything on the internet is true, right?

Notice how fun it is to use quotes to make certain implications, like "rooommate" and "personal assistant".

Sorry if I'm coming across too strong. I'm just finding this story more and more irritationg. I get that a lot of people would like to see someone like Rodgers be the gay NFL representative. If there was actual truth to it, that'd be fine by me. He'd still be the same great QB and, by all reports, genuinely nice guy.

About his family and religion....I know he's a Christian, possibly quite conservative. That was definitely NOT his father who left a comment somewhere. Just the profane language used tells me that. However, it's possible they are anti-gay, or at least anti-gay marriage. I've never heard of either of his brothers working for an anti-gay group, but the younger brother was reportedly against the inclusion of gays in the Christian Athlete group at Vanderbilt. So, yeah, there's that. :(

Maybe someday this gay thing won't even be a topic worthy of discussion.......or anything to defend.......or something people refer to as an "accusation" over which they become incensed.

Who cares!!! I'll kick back and admire the blue eyes and tight ass...why else would women watch football??? :dance: I mean, 22 guys in tight pants, what's not to love????

There are plenty of reasons for women to watch football. Being a woman who watches football, I'm tired of people thinking I'm only doing it because I want to see attractive men. It's similar to the idea that girls who are into gaming or anime are doing it for attention.

Yep, Peas, come on home for a fall weekend to listen to all the Islamophobes in your home state cheering happily for a guy named Ameer Abdullah who is a practicing Muslim. They could care less as long as he keeps gaining yards.

As for Rodgers...this all gets ridiculous. If he is, that's his personal life and it is his right to come out if and when he wants to. If he is not, he is in that bad place where any denial whatsoever is taken by a certain segment of the population as confirmation.

One thing is for sure, no one is going to come out as long as Ron Brown is still lurking on the sidelines.

If he is, I hope he is able to come out when he feels its the right time, instead of forced out of the closet before he is ready by the media.

If he is, I hope he is able to come out when he feels its the right time, instead of forced out of the closet before he is ready by the media.

A person's sexuality shouldn't involve words such as "coming out." Maybe someday we'll reach that point.

There are plenty of reasons for women to watch football. Being a woman who watches football, I'm tired of people thinking I'm only doing it because I want to see attractive men. It's similar to the idea that girls who are into gaming or anime are doing it for attention.

Damn straight. I watch football because I like sports, I like yelling at my television, and I love my team!

I love the sport, and I really, really like to watch good QBs work their magic. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning....wow, are they good !

I love the sport, and I really, really like to watch good QBs work their magic. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning....wow, are they good !

Unfortunately my team's manning isn't the manning you're referring to. Though both Manning and Rodgers tend to be awkward in interviews..

Unfortunately my team's manning isn't the manning you're referring to. Though both Manning and Rodgers tend to be awkward in interviews..

Peyton? Lol. Maybe it's his pronounced southern drawl. Did you see his interview with Ron Burgandy? Pretty funny.

I also like Eli, but he has had a miserable year.

So gay rumors, but he says he likes women, and has a fiancee.

Does no one ever think of bisexuality? Come on, it exists!

So gay rumors, but he says he likes women, and has a fiancee.

Does no one ever think of bisexuality? Come on, it exists!

I first read this as bestiality and immediately pictured him and a goat on a football field. What does that say about me?

But in all seriousness, I have always believed that what people do behind closed doors is no one else's business, as long as they are two (or more) consenting adults.

Archived