IGNORED

Botkin "morsels" courtesy of Dougie's downfall

Marian the Librarian

Olivia of Fresh Modesty reminds me of a tragic adolescent with no fashion sense, and no family member to set her straight. Like, did you really just tie up a bright orange sleeveless button up at your waist with a long sleeve shirt under it? If she were my kid/cousin/sister/friend I would have to lay some fresh honesty at her feet.

Her clothes rather reminds me of some of the outfits when I first started at college, had no fashion sense and was desperately trying to find stuff in my wardrobe that looked in style. I cringe at some of the outfits I wore. Of course, I wasn't acting like I was a fashion blogger, knew I didn't know how to dress myself and eventually found friends who helped me pick out outfits.

Where exactly would one wear that camo outfit to? Walmart? That is usually where I see people wandering about dressed all in camo and orange.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her clothes rather reminds me of some of the outfits when I first started at college, had no fashion sense and was desperately trying to find stuff in my wardrobe that looked in style. I cringe at some of the outfits I wore. Of course, I wasn't acting like I was a fashion blogger, knew I didn't know how to dress myself and eventually found friends who helped me pick out outfits.

Where exactly would one wear that camo outfit to? Walmart? That is usually where I see people wandering about dressed all in camo and orange.

Maybe she was an attendant at Honey Booboo's Parent's wedding.... 050613-honeybooboo-launch-1.jpg

Maybe she was an attendant at Honey Booboo's Parent's wedding.... 050613-honeybooboo-launch-1.jpg

Hey now... I have seen lots of ugly camo/ camo accented wedding dresses (rural area+working in bridal) but Mama June pulled that off. It suited her perfectly and the cut of the dress flattered her.

I would actually consider it a victory if the discussion of the Botkins here lead to Visionary Daughters being yanked. Unfortunately, I suspect that twaddle is only temporarily inaccessible.

Looks like you were right--it's back.

• 1 year later...

The vultures may be circling, but I doubt they'll have anything to find. Many of the posters on Jen's Gems seem done with patriarchy even though they're still Fundies. They'll probably move onto the next Christain fad, get burned by that, and repeat the process again.

Ran across this old thread by accident, and I'm very new at commenting (have read here for a long time, but this is my first comment).

Just wanted to respond, since I recognize one of the quotes as being mine. You may be right, I might still have been a Fundy at the time I left patriarchy. I'm not anymore.

Just an update.

Archived