IGNORED

Botkin "morsels" courtesy of Dougie's downfall

Marian the Librarian

@mnwnwmwmn, like your translations.

"Painter - Hey, that paint by numbers shit takes more talent than you would think." This one really made me lol.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Botkin treats his family members as potential cash cows and servants. If it wasn't for the soul-crushing way in which he treats his family, he would be hilarious.

I don't understand why no one in fundie-land can see through his bullshit. Botkin claims to have been a medical student, washington lobbyist, political advisor to senators and royalty, CEO of a multi-billion dollar company, Hollywood film director who has been to the Oscars, christian record producer, painter, ice sculptor, scientist, marxist persecutor of christians, and oh yeah, a duck biologist. He'd have to be like 175 years old for any of this to even be possible. Whatever Doug's faults, he's not stupid or naive. How he couldn't pick up on this BS boggles my mind.

Geoff Botkin's Resume: Translated to English from Blatherese.

Medical Student - Took freshman chem and participated in the free CPR course they offered at the student union.

Washington Lobbyist - Took a David Barton led tour through the capitol building.

Political advisor to senators and royalty - Ran into a congressional page on said tour. Handed him a religious tract.

CEO of a billion dollar corporation - was entrusted to be a night closer at the McDonalds he worked at during "medical school"

Hollywood Film Director - Dropped out of college, joined a cult, produced an infomercial for said cult that ran at 3 am on the local public access station.

Record Producer - You should hear some of the sick beats he drops with Ben when they're taking dominion over Garage Band.

Painter - Hey, that paint by numbers shit takes more talent than you would think.

Ice Sculptor - Watched that scene in Groundhog Day. Thought it may help him score chicks.

Scientist - See "medical student"

Marxist Persecutor of Christians - Wrote a book report on The Communist Manifesto. Compared profound observations with Jasmine Baucham.

Duck Biologist - Come on, Google search optimization. This has got to move me up in the rankings a bit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:worship:

I don't understand why no one in fundie-land can see through his bullshit. Botkin claims to have been a medical student, washington lobbyist, political advisor to senators and royalty, CEO of a multi-billion dollar company, Hollywood film director who has been to the Oscars, christian record producer, painter, ice sculptor, scientist, marxist persecutor of christians, and oh yeah, a duck biologist. He'd have to be like 175 years old for any of this to even be possible. Whatever Doug's faults, he's not stupid or naive. How he couldn't pick up on this BS boggles my mind.

Probably because Doug does the same thing...!

There are people who do this similar puffery in the secular world too, inflating their resumes like nobody's business, and it's always really obvious to anyone who actually has any real experience. If they happened to pass through a room where some skill was being taught they'll list it as a skill, they say they speak languages they can barely describe the weather in, that sort of thing. "Extensive database experience" because hey they managed to get a database to work with their blog hosting platform the one time...

Check out Bradrick!!'s Linked In or some of the Maxwell resume-esque pages. They pretty much boil down to "did a lot of jobs for Dad and our church and I'm trying to make this look like a career" listings.

But yeah seriously... DUCK BIOLOGIST??? What the EFF?

Probably because Doug does the same thing...!

There are people who do this similar puffery in the secular world too, inflating their resumes like nobody's business, and it's always really obvious to anyone who actually has any real experience. If they happened to pass through a room where some skill was being taught they'll list it as a skill, they say they speak languages they can barely describe the weather in, that sort of thing. "Extensive database experience" because hey they managed to get a database to work with their blog hosting platform the one time...

Check out Bradrick!!'s Linked In or some of the Maxwell resume-esque pages. They pretty much boil down to "did a lot of jobs for Dad and our church and I'm trying to make this look like a career" listings.

But yeah seriously... DUCK BIOLOGIST??? What the EFF?

I'd be willing to bet good money that "Duck Biologist" means that he spent time hanging out at the Arndt place and watching the ducks swim around in the pond. ;)

I'd be willing to bet good money that "Duck Biologist" means that he spent time hanging out at the Arndt place and watching the ducks swim around in the pond. ;)

I was wondering if this was a very fancy way of saying that he does well with duck hunting.

Botkin treats his family members as potential cash cows and servants. If it wasn't for the soul-crushing way in which he treats his family, he would be hilarious.

Geoff Botkin's Resume: Translated to English from Blatherese.

Medical Student - Took freshman chem and participated in the free CPR course they offered at the student union.

Washington Lobbyist - Took a David Barton led tour through the capitol building.

Political advisor to senators and royalty - Ran into a congressional page on said tour. Handed him a religious tract.

CEO of a billion dollar corporation - was entrusted to be a night closer at the McDonalds he worked at during "medical school"

Hollywood Film Director - Dropped out of college, joined a cult, produced an infomercial for said cult that ran at 3 am on the local public access station.

Record Producer - You should hear some of the sick beats he drops with Ben when they're taking dominion over Garage Band.

Painter - Hey, that paint by numbers shit takes more talent than you would think.

Ice Sculptor - Watched that scene in Groundhog Day. Thought it may help him score chicks.

Scientist - See "medical student"

Marxist Persecutor of Christians - Wrote a book report on The Communist Manifesto. Compared profound observations with Jasmine Baucham.

Duck Biologist - Come on, Google search optimization. This has got to move me up in the rankings a bit.

OMG, this is perfect. Nearly burst out laughing at my veerrry serious, and quiet workplace.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:worship: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Olivia of Fresh Modesty reminds me of a tragic adolescent with no fashion sense, and no family member to set her straight. Like, did you really just tie up a bright orange sleeveless button up at your waist with a long sleeve shirt under it? If she were my kid/cousin/sister/friend I would have to lay some fresh honesty at her feet.

Olivia of Fresh Modesty reminds me of a tragic adolescent with no fashion sense, and no family member to set her straight. Like, did you really just tie up a bright orange sleeveless button up at your waist with a long sleeve shirt under it? If she were my kid/cousin/sister/friend I would have to lay some fresh honesty at her feet.

But wait, it was her hunter orange "vest" with her hunter cammo skirt! And she's shooting with her fingers! How much more fresh and modest can you get?

The family in cozy, upholstered comfort whilst the little people sat their freezing buns on folding chairs reminded me of the royal family on their thrones in court. At least the Botkins' minions got to sit, not stand.

And when I read "duck biologist" w/r/t any of these yayhoos, I just automatically figure he's "happy happy happy" like the odious Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty infamy.

Actually, the "Duck Biologist" part is the most believable to me, and probably closest to the truth.

I don't know what he majored in--was he pre-med?--but if he majored in something like biology he could very well have landed a job after college with a state Fish and Game/Wildlife department. And keeping track of duck populations would have been the kind of low-tier work he'd do until someone newer and lower on the totem pole came along and got stuck with it.

The rest, as we already know is all self-aggrandizing puffery. A medical student? Maybe he applied, and actually got accepted--only to refuse to go because he was drinking too deeply of the religious Kool-Aid by then. And you'd think, with so many accomplishments under his belt, he'd be known far and wide, beyond the fairly limited patriarchal, dominionist, Reformed sphere where he passes as some sort of expert on...well, anything.

I don't understand why no one in fundie-land can see through his bullshit. Botkin claims to have been a medical student, washington lobbyist, political advisor to senators and royalty, CEO of a multi-billion dollar company, Hollywood film director who has been to the Oscars, christian record producer, painter, ice sculptor, scientist, marxist persecutor of christians, and oh yeah, a duck biologist. He'd have to be like 175 years old for any of this to even be possible. Whatever Doug's faults, he's not stupid or naive. How he couldn't pick up on this BS boggles my mind

The richly hilarious irony is that these people constantly run down real professionals with bona fide advanced degrees & training, but can't wait to give themselves bogus credentials or set up fake institutions of "high learning" such as the Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy or the Western Conservatory.

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

The richly hilarious irony is that these people constantly run down real professionals with bona fide advanced degrees & training, but can't wait to give themselves bogus credentials or set up fake institutions of "high learning" such as the Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy or the Western Conservatory.

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

Don't forget that Noah Botkin is a Christian "engineer".

Doesn't work for me either.

Yes, looks like it's down. Guess we know who else reads here regularly!

Hi Botkins! :greetings-wavingyellow:

Please - come in, sit down & enjoy yourselves. There's room on that sofa over there, next to the VF ex-interns & Stevehovah Maxwell.

Please - come in, sit down & enjoy yourselves. There's room on that sofa over there, next to the VF ex-interns & Stevehovah Maxwell.

Don't sit too close to Bradrick!, though -- one turn of his head will give you an ear-slappin'. And Scott Brown is here, too, but he's hiding in the closet.

Foreclosure? Can anybody please provide a link to this info? Many thanks!

Woah, wait, what? Did I miss something?

Well that, or we have a mole.

I would actually consider it a victory if the discussion of the Botkins here lead to Visionary Daughters being yanked. Unfortunately, I suspect that twaddle is only temporarily inaccessible.

My wedding was SBC too! I wore Christmas socks with reindeer on them. I also told both of the ministers that if I even heard them start to say submit or obey my happy rear was walking out the side door near the front of the sanctuary in front of God and everybody because I obey and submit to God alone. The funny thing is that one of them (my husband's pastor at the time) almost did until I gave him "the look" right in the middle of the ceremony. He got the idea and stopped in his tracks and switched to a different Bible verse.

Most fundies really annoy me because they do think they're so much better than everyone else. The Duggar girls were awful when I met them.

Oh, you're not going to leave us with that cliff-hanger, are you?! :naughty: Do tell. I'd like details, please. :greetings-waveyellow:

Speaking of SBC weddings....One of the best and most surprising wedding sermons that I heard was given by an elderly SBC pastor. He said, god did not make woman out of man's head to be above him or out of his foot to be beneath him but from his side to be his equal and walk beside him. Okay, I butchered the wording but I think that you get the point.

The family in cozy, upholstered comfort whilst the little people sat their freezing buns on folding chairs reminded me of the royal family on their thrones in court. At least the Botkins' minions got to sit, not stand.

And when I read "duck biologist" w/r/t any of these yayhoos, I just automatically figure he's "happy happy happy" like the odious Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty infamy.

Phil Roberts is truly odious, MJB. BTW, did you see the mission I gave you on the "Nathaniel Darnell courting" thread?

I have a suspicion that Visionary Daughters is only down in order to give the site an overhaul. Didn't Western Conservatory get a makeover recently? I bet they're doing the same on all related sites.

<---- No relation, btw :lol: Although I found Free Jinger because a friend of mine announced "You have the same name as a fundie!"

I have a suspicion that Visionary Daughters is only down in order to give the site an overhaul. Didn't Western Conservatory get a makeover recently? I bet they're doing the same on all related sites.

<---- No relation, btw :lol: Although I found Free Jinger because a friend of mine announced "You have the same name as a fundie!"

Nathaniel Darnell's site also got quite a changeover lately, from what I can tell. Still the same lame crap, just repackaged.

Archived