IGNORED

Merry Christmas...have some potatoes

Koala

She is obsessed with the next baby. Constantly talking about when I get pregnant again, maybe I'll be pregnant again by then. Another baby hoarder

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is like she can't really enjoy the children she has because all she can think about is the next. It really is baby hoarding.

Why is she buying clothes new (and ahead) at Children's Place if she is feeding the kids biscuits and oranges for lunch (with no seconds)?

I wonder if this one will flounce soon. One of her commentators told her that she was "being made fun of" on this forum and gave her the URL. I don't know that we're making fun as much as expressing concern. Hard to see the fun in this situation...

I wonder if she just doesn't know how to plan a balanced diet on a budget? Cinnamon buns and canned peaches do not make a balanced lunch no matter how inexpensive they are.

This. A can of cinnamon roll dough and one of peaches costs 2 dollars more than a dozen eggs and a bunch of 5 bananas at my local supermarket this morning.

Shopping at The Children's Place for future babies whilst the ones she already have are basically going hungry? I hope she reads here because she's a twat who needs counseling. Use that Children's Place dosh to buy your kids some yogurt and citrus fruits. Then try and come to terms with your baby hoarding! I wonder if she's heard of Rickets Disease? Or that most of our immunity lies in our gut? Or that her children need real food for proper brain and body development? Not to mention that there's a possibility that they will remain immune-suppressed if not feed the basic vitamin\mineral rich foods. You know this reminds me of puppy mills. They're not going to turn out strong arrows feeding them shit and if these same weakened pups continue to breed amongst themselves. The silver lining is that they just might bring about their own extinction. Talk about a breeding plan gone awry...

She was a SAHD who wrote a book on feminism @@ courted and married her husband after 3 months in which they were not alone. Her father set their wedding date. She doesn't name the church denomination (pretty pointedly) but is very very very against birth control, and always hoped to have 17 children. If I am understanding her correctly, they live in the country, so I would hope she would garden. None of my ancestors went as crazy having babies so close together (uh...breastfeeding) but the ones that could did garden. And my dirt poor growing up on both sides ate more b balanced meals. (I have both grandmothers diaries in which they list what they served every day. And my farm grandmother wrote the farming chores which makes me cry from exhaustion because she never lists ordinary housekeeping just plucking 30 chickens...And then digging p a bushel of turnips )

Isn't it amusing that the feminists here who she most likely claims wouldn't know anything about child raising and meal planning because we are off stealing jobs from the poor men could actually give her good advice on how to feed, dress and care for children on a budget? She is doing a hell of a bad job of it. Her priorities seem to be that her children are dressed in cute clothes(that are in style! She mentions that several times.) not that they are fed a balanced diet. Reading her menu makes me feel sad for her children. I did notice that they eat with her parents a lot. So hopefully the kids are getting a real meal there.

She talks about staying up really late buying stuff from Children's Place and then getting up the next morning and buying more stuff. This woman really has a shopping addiction. Just a week or so before she had gone to a consignment and spent $120 buying stuff. This isn't normal behavior especially from someone who can't afford to give her children seconds when it comes to meals.

Isn't it amusing that the feminists here who she most likely claims wouldn't know anything about child raising and meal planning because we are off stealing jobs from the poor men could actually give her good advice on how to feed, dress and care for children on a budget? She is doing a hell of a bad job of it. Her priorities seem to be that her children are dressed in cute clothes(that are in style! She mentions that several times.) not that they are fed a balanced diet. Reading her menu makes me feel sad for her children. I did notice that they eat with her parents a lot. So hopefully the kids are getting a real meal there.

She talks about staying up really late buying stuff from Children's Place and then getting up the next morning and buying more stuff. This woman really has a shopping addiction. Just a week or so before she had gone to a consignment and spent $120 buying stuff. This isn't normal behavior especially from someone who can't afford to give her children seconds when it comes to meals.

Very true but from what I've gathered from my short stay on her blog and reading here, she' s too lazy to properly budget, plan, shop,and prepare the foods any good Christan mom would. Too bad The Children's Place doesn't sell and then clearance highly nutritional children's meals. She appears to be a selfish cow primarily concerned with pricey fashion(whether new or bought resale).Zsu would never do this and good God it pains me to give her credit!

Maybe TLC will come up with a spinoff for Hoarders...Baby Hoarders or Arrow Hoarders. I'm sure you guys can come up with some better title options. I'm one tired nurse getting ready to battle the snow mountain outside my door. I am however, looking forward to chatting up the perverted doctors :wink-kitty:

Only Children's Place? I'm surprised she doesn't have a Gymboree habit - their clothes are adorable, but the prices are crazy if you pay full price. Much more "stylish" than Children's Place, I'd think. (I'll admit, we get most of Son's jeans at CP - wait for the sales, get them at $10 or less a pair. Gymbo jeans, full price, were $27 last time I looked.)

I didn't know that she was spending money on clothes instead of food. Some people are idiots.

When I had my first job out of college, I struggled for a while. There were times when I only had about $20-25/week to spend on groceries (which might be fine in some places, but I was in a high cost-of-living area and had no car, so I couldn't shop around for deals.) I still managed to put together relatively balanced meals - with protein 2x/day, veggies 3x/day, and fruit 2x/day. A bag of dry beans is super-cheap and lasts a long time, brown rice is pretty cheap if you don't buy the boil-in-bag kind, and you can always find frozen veggies on sale. My diet wasn't exciting and I couldn't afford some fresh stuff, but I wasn't eating cinnamon rolls for lunch.

One caveat: I know it can be hard to get kids to eat - they might not eat lentils and rice for four days straight like I had to at times - and sometimes you just have to get them to eat what they will eat. But the more you feed them junk like mac n cheese, the more they'll only want to eat that. And a box of whole wheat pasta doesn't cost much more and would be healthier.

Found her menu planning posts:

littlehouseinthehills.blogspot.ca/search/label/meal-planning

What's with the specific portions? Here's an idea (since she's reading the thread): serve out less than your kids are likely to eat, and then allow them to take seconds. This avoids waste, and avoids the "clean you plate" mentality that most nutritionists will say is harmful to good eating habits.

Also, look for ways to increase nutrition and avoid empty calories. Why buy white bread instead of whole wheat? Why use alfredo sauce?

Doesn't Aldi's usually have good prices on fresh produce? I've heard of people who just go there to get the produce, so I always assumed they do. Cream of wheat is not that nutritious or filling, especially since she doesn't give them a full serving size and is feeding them for lunch biscuits and orange slices and supper was pancakes and orange slices.

Someone really needs to give her a book on how to plan a balanced meal without it costing a fortune.

I just can't with these people....How about you mix 16 ounces of canned salmon or tuna, whole wheat pasta, frozen broccoli and your own white sauce and turn that into a casserole? And how about not producing arrows until you know which way is "up" in both a kitchen and a grocery store?

That kind of nutritional neglect from a parent who has the resources to do better should be against the law.

Wow, her meal planning is terrible. I understand not having time or interest in making everything from scratch, however, there are so many things she could change to both save money and eat healthier.

The nearest Aldi is several thousand miles from my location, so that's not an option. However, Costco is. That alone would save her money and time. She could buy eggs and make eggs for breakfast, skipping the bread and boxed cream of wheat. There are so many different things to do with eggs and they are cheap.

So much gross food on her list, IMO. Skip the Alfredo and serve rice with broccoli and chicken. Make sandwiches and serve with frozen or canned veggies if you can't afford fresh. Why not invest in spices and experiment? Stop buying "taco seasoning" and make your own. Cook up some chili.

That honey is expensive, but it lasts forever and could have been used instead of sugar.

When I was a child, pizza, tacos, steak and spaghetti were "friday night" meals, meaning junk food. Not suitable for every day. Sundays we ate roasts quite often and there would be leftovers for Monday night. I went to school and there was no cafeteria, so I almost always had sandwich, raw veggies, and occasionally a treat like potato chips or a snack cake or cookie. I frequently threw away/gave away most of my lunch because I wasn't hungry because I ate breakfast & lunch was really early. Dinner was usually a casserole or some chicken, always with a vegetable and starch because this was the 80s and for some reason people thought we needed to eat bread.

I think she has some issues with short term vs long term planning. Sure, that $5 jar of honey is expensive today, but overall? You need less of it, it's better for you than refined sugar and tastes better. That box of cream of wheat appears less expensive than a costco trip, but the eggs will last longer and provide more meals.

I get the.feeling she needs a.crock pot and also a list.of things like lentils. rice , barley etcare both 2 cups of water to 1cup of the item. 20miniature for a nice hot meal with a complete proteins. Give the kids Fri it and a veg....maybe I should send her a link to jacks blog or a copy of t he tightwad Gazette.

Poor education leads to poor Heath. Wonder who if anyone is giving her advice?

And research points to poor nutrient leads to kids that have harder time learning.

And research points to poor nutrient leads to kids that have harder time learning.

Yes it is the quiverfull cycle and each generation gets worse.

Why buy boxed mac and cheese? It's dirt cheap and easy to make, you can add some broccoli florets to make it a bit more nutritious, it tastes a hundred times better, and she could freeze half and have an easy meal waiting for the end of a busy day.

I saw a FB link on 100 crock-pot meals that use minimally processed (if any) ingredients. I didn't look too closely but it's from a frugal homemaking blog. It's so easy to find inexpensive, healthy, no-fuss meal plans online. Given all the pics she takes and posts, she could easily use that time to do some quick searches. :think:

Archived