IGNORED

What is happening in the LIAS house?

lilith

She's been talking about getting a tattoo for a while. Kim and Perry told her she had to wait until she was married so she could get her husband's permission. Assuming Tyler was always fine with it, it took her more than a year to get around to it, most of which she appears to have spent coloring on her walls and pacing aimlessly around her tiny apartment because she didn't like the other people working at the Dairy Queen.

Anyway, Kim and Perry never seem to have had a issue with tattoos, per se.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She's been talking about getting a tattoo for a while. Kim and Perry told her she had to wait until she was married so she could get her husband's permission. Assuming Tyler was always fine with it, it took her more than a year to get around to it, most of which she appears to have spent coloring on her walls and pacing aimlessly around her tiny apartment because she didn't like the other people working at the Dairy Queen.

Anyway, Kim and Perry never seem to have had a issue with tattoos, per se.

Kim and Perry are quite the hip rebels, except for the entire belief system regarding women as inferior beings to the patriarch, no bc, ectopic pregnancies are A-ok, homebirthing on the deck with chicken poop, etc etc. But tats are great.

And I do think Kim is depressed, also.

Oh, no no no. I don't think Kim and Perry are "hip" and "rebellious" for being okay with tattoos. They told their ADULT daughter that she couldn't have one until she was married and obtained her HUSBAND'S permission. They're awful.

Kim and Perry are quite the hip rebels, except for the entire belief system regarding women as inferior beings to the patriarch, no bc, ectopic pregnancies are A-ok, homebirthing on the deck with chicken poop, etc etc. But tats are great.

And I do think Kim is depressed, also.

Last week I found myself in the ER because I was having symptoms of an ectopic pregnany. Thankfully it was found that my pregnancy is in my uterus, and, whilst I am having a bunch of complications (two main ones, both fairly rare), it looks like I will carry :)

Anyway, I was reading more about ectopic pregnancies. Back before treatment, somewhere between 30-60% of women died. At a best estimate, about 1 in 5000 ectopic pregnancies go on to produce a healthy baby - and these tend not to be tubal, which 98% of ectopic pregnancies are. So basically, they are advocating that at a conservative estimate, about 1500 women should die for every ectopic pregnancy where the baby survives, which hugely demonstrates how much they devalue women.

So then I thought, what if the embryo is female? Because clearly if she is, she is only as valuable as the 1500 other women - why "save" her and let 1500 women die?

There is just no way it makes sense...

Oh, no no no. I don't think Kim and Perry are "hip" and "rebellious" for being okay with tattoos. They told their ADULT daughter that she couldn't have one until she was married and obtained her HUSBAND'S permission. They're awful.

Frankly, I'd rather see a family that dressed like the 7 Sisters, but allowed their children freedom and an education and had moderate views on gender and women's health, than the "hip" Coghlans, who dress up their twisted viewpoints with hair dye and ugly tattoos.

it took her more than a year to get around to it, most of which she appears to have spent coloring on her walls and pacing aimlessly around her tiny apartment because she didn't like the other people working at the Dairy Queen.

Every time I check in on her, I can't help but be baffled by her situation. She seems bored out of her skull. For God's sake, get a job, take some college classes, something!!!!

I was being sarcastic. I loathe them. I was (quite clumsily) speaking from their viewpoint. They seem to think they are "cool" because they

have a mustang instead of an old cruddy van or something. But they are just as bad as Kelly Crawford. I will never forget KimC sticking up

for "Emily" as in Emily and Dna on her website.

Last week I found myself in the ER because I was having symptoms of an ectopic pregnany. Thankfully it was found that my pregnancy is in my uterus, and, whilst I am having a bunch of complications (two main ones, both fairly rare), it looks like I will carry :)

Anyway, I was reading more about ectopic pregnancies. Back before treatment, somewhere between 30-60% of women died. At a best estimate, about 1 in 5000 ectopic pregnancies go on to produce a healthy baby - and these tend not to be tubal, which 98% of ectopic pregnancies are. So basically, they are advocating that at a conservative estimate, about 1500 women should die for every ectopic pregnancy where the baby survives, which hugely demonstrates how much they devalue women.

So then I thought, what if the embryo is female? Because clearly if she is, she is only as valuable as the 1500 other women - why "save" her and let 1500 women die?

There is just no way it makes sense...

I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is OK!

I feel bad for them even though I don't follow them that closely. With VF closing, they've lost their single income and the moral center that VF probably offered. Plus, with a bunch of kids at home, the stress is on to find another one quickly. There's also the possibility of moving that hangs over their heads. I bet Kim is feeling pretty anxious right now. It can't be easy keeping a budget for a large family, but with no job and a possible move in the future, I bet it's keeping her awake at night.

I feel bad for them even though I don't follow them that closely. With VF closing, they've lost their single income and the moral center that VF probably offered. Plus, with a bunch of kids at home, the stress is on to find another one quickly. There's also the possibility of moving that hangs over their heads. I bet Kim is feeling pretty anxious right now. It can't be easy keeping a budget for a large family, but with no job and a possible move in the future, I bet it's keeping her awake at night.

I've been in bad business situations that kept me up-- and I hadn't hitched my wagon to the dominionist / fulll quiver star-- so I suspect they will survive (he'll find a job-- logistics and warehouse work is not as hard to find as many occupations) but I can only hope that it makes their kids question the whole lifestyle. After all, if it gets tight enough they have to ask for aide at church and maybe from the county (yes, the ebil government, even if they say they never would) the kids might notice that "this might have been easier if there were fewer mouths, any of us could get jobs beyond Dairy Queen, and mom had a job." when they consider how to define their own family.

I am rooting for dominionism and the whole major patriarchy movement to crash and burn... if these people hitting and sitting at rock bottom a while is what that takes, then bravo. If Lori and The pearls are right and it takes a little pain to teach people what they were doing was wrong.. then bring on the pain. They made their own bed by making the choices they made.

Kim would never admit it, but I think she's depressed. She's verrrrry quiet.

Agreed, and I've a feeling she's been suffering with depression since her father died.

I was being sarcastic. I loathe them. I was (quite clumsily) speaking from their viewpoint. They seem to think they are "cool" because they

have a mustang instead of an old cruddy van or something. But they are just as bad as Kelly Crawford. I will never forget KimC sticking up

for "Emily" as in Emily and Dna on her website.

Who could forget this post? frugalhacks.com/2010/03/10/leafy-greens-ripoff/ What a classic!

I don't follow Perry & Co. How close was Perry to Doug Phillips Is A Tool? Just reading here, it seems like he stuck by VF until the bitter end. Do you think he's hoping that when Dougie makes his comeback, he'll be rewarded for his loyalty with a fancy position and access to Dougie's inner circle?

I don't follow Perry & Co. How close was Perry to Doug Phillips Is A Tool? Just reading here, it seems like he stuck by VF until the bitter end. Do you think he's hoping that when Dougie makes his comeback, he'll be rewarded for his loyalty with a fancy position and access to Dougie's inner circle?

I kind of get the impression Perry's rather oblivious to how dweeby and irritating he comes across to people, including his "betters". I don't know, others might see it differently, just a feeling I kind of have.

Yet another example of Perry and Kim's "modesty":

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10203007637410307?stream_ref=10

I really don't need to know about their lifestyle. Must they shove their heterosexuality down out throats? They don't even have the decency to keep it in their bedroom; it's become an agenda.

Yet another example of Perry and Kim's "modesty":

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10203007637410307?stream_ref=10

I really don't need to know about their lifestyle. Must they shove their heterosexuality down out throats? They don't even have the decency to keep it in their bedroom; it's become an agenda.

I just came over to post this.

Watch for the final Coghlanling in 9 months.

Eeeeeewwwwwwww no. Perry, your friends do not want to know about your sex life.

Evelyn's comment made me laugh so hard though.

I just came over to post this.

Watch for the final Coghlanling in 9 months.

Two things. I didn't click their link to read the challenge, but the picture looks like the challenge is to smoke pot every day for 10 days.

And I'm wiht the commenters... 10 days in a row of sex is not a challenge.

Fundies are hands down, without a doubt the most sex obsessed people in the world.

Two things. I didn't click their link to read the challenge, but the picture looks like the challenge is to smoke pot every day for 10 days.

And I'm wiht the commenters... 10 days in a row of sex is not a challenge.

Well....it could be a challenge if you can't stand your spouse and won't call it quits because god hates divorce. ... or if you are a guy at that certain age where getting it in on regularly involves a little blue pill.

10 day wank challenge then?

I'm sure that will be a breeze for Perry, though he may have to make himself his own sandwich afterwards.

so I read her update and it just sums up everything wrong with this movement. People lose their jobs all of the time but maybe they have skills, education, a spouse who can look as well. All they are relying on is the possibility of him working weekly and then maybe a permanent position??? Besides I guess the "rule" about a father leading his household doesn't apply when the dad is gone all week. I know some feel sorry for them, I don't. They have posted so many times about not needing an education, God provides, more babies blah blah blah. They made their bed now it looks like they are really having to lie in it.

Hmmm....the blog comes up with a forbidden message. Has she gone private or did Perry ground her?

Archived