IGNORED

What is happening in the LIAS house?

lilith

Perry (Mr LiaS) just posted this on Facebook. Excuse the two pics, I could only capture it as a screenshot.

post-2574-14451998585106_thumb.jpg

post-2574-14451998585413_thumb.jpg

Perry has also been posting a fair bit about the joys of alcohol (I know they've always drank, but the wholehearted endorsement is new), the girls and Kim are wearing short shorts in public, and they bought one of their daughters a Taylor Swift CD for Christmas.

I know they won't get rid of their fundamental fundie beliefs in patriarchy and mothers with ectopic pregnancies being obliged to die rather than terminate their unviable pregnancies, but socially they are definitely relaxing, and I can't help but wonder if it's because the censure of Dougie and VF isn't such a scary thought anymore.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he missed the fact that the weed pic was actually not showing ill effects like the other drug pics, and only caught the anti-TV part.

It is one of the greatest ironies when one of these people calls others "sheep."

The Before and After Weed photos actually seem to be promoting pot. The guy pictured looks a lot better as a weed-user!

Think Perry's going to file for government unemployment benefits, or would that be hypocritical?

The Before and After Weed photos actually seem to be promoting pot. The guy pictured looks a lot better as a weed-user!

Think Perry's going to file for government unemployment benefits, or would that be hypocritical?

Yeah, I suspect the original image is a pro-weed meme. Not sure if Perry would know that or not...

The meme made me laugh. I think it's possible it went over Perry's head. But who knows, may e he is really cutting loose now that he doesn't work for Dougie anymore. Perhaps even a career move :-p

I am suprised that they haven't commented on the vison forum imploding. You'd think they would have some kind of opinion on the matter, especially since Perry will be out of a job soon.

I think it's possible (dunno if probable) it went over his head. One of my aunties, who is really extremely socially conservative and fundie-lite is always passing on stupid conservative photo memes (I am so fucking sick of Duck Dynasty) *however* she also passes along a lot of George Takei's as well, especially if they have rainbow and animals in them because she likes both. :) It's almost kind of cute in a way, as much as it makes me facepalm. However, the woman is also in her 70s and lives in a pretty small/cloistered church/community so I find her ignorance far more believable than his.

Perry has posted his opposition to the War on Drugs several times. Not really surprising, with his love for Ron Paul and libertarianism.

I am suprised that they haven't commented on the vison forum imploding. You'd think they would have some kind of opinion on the matter, especially since Perry will be out of a job soon.

Kim made a veiled post about it, not mentioning any names.

I've always found it a little odd that the Coghlans don't attend Dougie's church. Maybe classist Doug has always kept them at a bit of a distance.

I've always found it a little odd that the Coghlans don't attend Dougie's church. Maybe classist Doug has always kept them at a bit of a distance.

I don't think Doug thinks theyre good enough.

Sure, theyre free labour, with Perry working for him, and the oldest girls working there for free, but theyre poor and do many things Doug would say was immoral, like drinking, wearing pants, reading worldly books, and their kids are not as Godly as he would have chosen-they aren't complete doormats and have personality, and one of the girls mentioned Harry Potter when blogging :pink-shock:

They might corrupt his innocent sheep.

Hero's family attended and they fit into the same class as the Coghlans. Actually, they might be even worse because they're not white Muricns.

Hero's family attended and they fit into the same class as the Coghlans. Actually, they might be even worse because they're not white Muricns.

I tend to think Hero's family were Dougie's Token Hispanics. "See, the patriarchy isn't racist, we're got brown people! Four of 'em, even!"

Hero and her brother had the benefit of being attractive enough to use in promotional material, while the family was small enough to easily keep everyone in their place.

The LIAS girls weren't photogenic enough to be VF princesses, a la Kelly Bradrick, and despite their ability to stack 8 children in a tiny, half-finished room, the Coghlan family didn't quite seem to tow the line of VF values hard enough to be fully trusted.

They were good for cheap labor, but beyond that, they were of little use to Dougie.

To my knowledge they did. I have a slight acquaintance who goes to BCA and we once had a conversation about the Coghlans because their blog was the first VF blog I found. She said they attended. But that was about a year and a half ago, so that might not be the case any more. Jen Epstein has also mentioned them being there.

Oh, and my BCA acquaintance? Not a peep out of her these past couple months.

What kind of grown man uses the hashtag "#nohomo" on Facebook? I just really hate Perry.

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10202831867416167

If you want to kiss dudes Perry, you've missed your chance. Doug seems like the kind of person who would love to participate in good old manly man on manly man kissing.

Perry was on Facebook on New Year's Eve, asking around for beer recommendations. Celebrating the heathen holiday, or drowning his sorrows about the end of VF?

I hope theyre ok. I feel bad for all of the people who put their heart and soul into following Doug and working for him, but turned out to have been scammed by a cheating con man who was motivated by money, not Jesus, and now have nothing. Especially as a lot of these people had kids-they are innocent victims in this (as well as Hero and Doug's family) as they didn't choose to be born into the cult of VF. So many large families who now are going to struggle to get by because Doug couldn't keep his tool in his pants. I imagine Doug cares more about the money he would lose not having VF, not the workers who now will struggle to feed their large families. Especially as they are against taking help from the government, even though they could really use it and its better than cutting back on food.

I don't know all the details but pretty sure they never joined or were members of BAC. She mentioned going to church a couple of pregnancies ago and it wasn't BAC. She did get to speak at one of Dougie's fake conferences.

Depending on how the w warehouse was run, the warehouse workers might n it be eligible for unemployment. Religious organizations are exempt from paying into unemployment benefits in most states. For example, I work for a church and if it folded up shop, I would not be able to get one red cent from unemployment. (In some states it is legal to voluntarily pay into unemployment, but not in the state I live in and even if Vision Forum could, they wouldn't)

One of the LiaS daughters has dyed her hair purple: fatshortandlean.wordpress.com/

I hope she never crosses pathes with Mrs. Erin Bates Payne, who apparently is allergic to people with exotically dyed hair! :D

With Perry's job ending "soon" according to Kim, I am surprised she hasn't posted more about penny pinching--I am surprised about how much she's blogged about buying Christmas presents & decorations.

A couple of days ago, Perry posted on his FB that he had shipped the last 800 (!) orders and was cleaning out his desk. Then a lot of people wrote in to say "Sorry, Perry." He said thanks, and added that God knew what He was doing, though Perry himself did not. I wish I had time to get the link, but it was on his FB. He sounded pretty down.

Hard to like the guy, though, since he's posed for pics wearing a tshirt that said, "Nice story babe now go make me a sandwich" or some such thing. This is a man who is raising 8 or so daughters?

I love how unfundielike the Coghlan girls are, their blog is so normal, unlike most fundie SAHD blogs. God is rarely mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, a new post from Kim C at LIAS today:

"Perry has been job hunting, networking, and doing some temporary work as the opportunity presents. We don’t know what the future holds, but we all hope God keeps us here in San Antonio.

The girls and I are gearing up for a yard sale soon, decluttering and fund-raising at the same time. If we do have to move any time in the near future, I’m sure we’ll be glad we did this...ore news: Kaitlyn is getting her driver’s license any day now. Since she can’t work with her dad anymore, she wants to earn some income as a sitter and/or tutor. Am I the only who is shocked at what babysitters earn these days?! "

Archived