IGNORED

atheists: accept my Christmas tidings or ‘leave the country

doggie

What a jerkwad. Of course he wants to change history and claims this is a christian nation. Of course he should be the one leaving since he feels so threatened. He is talking about the majority ruling this nation but I bet he is part of the 2%

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/26/p ... e-country/

Texas megachurch Pastor John Hagee this week advised atheists who didn’t like Christmas to “leave the country†or “take your Walkman and stuff it into your ears.â€

In a sermon at his Cornerstone Church on Sunday, Hagee warned that “Christmas is under attack in America†because government offices were greeting people with “Happy Holidays†instead of “Merry Christmas.â€

“Humanists are now making the claim that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday,†he said. “Hey, dummy, look at the word: Christ-mas.â€

“To all humanists and atheists listening to this telecast: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness will not be in danger in any way if someone says ‘Merry Christmas’ around you.â€

Hagee noted that some would argue that “Merry Christmas†was really a Christian prayer.

“Well, yes it is,†he said. “And this is the United States of America that was founded by Christians on Christian principles according to the word of God.â€

Hagee also had some advice for those atheists who found themselves in proximity of a Nativity scene.

“If you pass a manger scene and someone is singing ‘Joy to the World,’ you can take your Walkman and stuff it into your ears,†the megachurch pastor recommended. “Or you can call your lawyer. Or you can just exercise your right to leave the country.â€

“Planes are leaving every hour on the hour. Get on one!†Hagee exclaimed. “It’s time for the majority to rule this nation!â€

Watch this video from GETV, recorded Dec. 22, 2013.

“Humanists are now making the claim that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday,†he said. “Hey, dummy, look at the word: Christ-mas.â€

oh, lordy lordy, who's the real dummy here?

Yeah, I had something about that show up on my Facebook page on Christmas Day. Someone was shrieking about how right this guy is, and how no one will make them stop saying Merry Christmas, because they aren't afraid and p.c. Like all the cowards out there. Of course this was almost completely buried among the 10,000 Merry Christmas messages also on my Newsfeed, mostly with photos of lovely, mostly lefty, children smiling under a Christmas tree. Not a Walkman in sight though.

Walkman??? It's almost 2014 clown.

On a serious note, it is incumbent on the majority to protect the minority in this Democracy. If that ends, the Democracy ends. I am an atheist and my tax money goes to decorating my community for Christmas....and I am fine with it. Just live your lives and stop controlling mine and we will get along fine. I will say whatever holiday greeting I choose to say, thank you very much. We have more in common that we realize if only people like this phoney would stop with the constant anger, outrage and fear-mongering.

And yet, nearly every city and town in this country is decorated for Christmas. Everyone (save some people working at pharmacies, gas stations, and hospitals) gets off of work for Christmas. If this joker thinks a few people saying "Happy Holidays" to him constitutes a war, then he leads a very privileged and insulated life. Ask a Christian in Iran or Afghanistan if they think a few people saying "Happy Holidays" is really that bad.

This game some Christians play where they try to out persecute one another is stupid and ridiculous. It makes them look like fools.

“To all humanists and atheists listening to this telecast: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness will not be in danger in any way if someone says ‘Merry Christmas’ around you.â€

Yet somehow they are in danger if someone says "Happy Holidays"? :cray-cray:

“If you pass a manger scene and someone is singing ‘Joy to the World,’ you can take your Walkman and stuff it into your ears,†the megachurch pastor recommended. “Or you can call your lawyer. Or you can just exercise your right to leave the country.â€

“Planes are leaving every hour on the hour. Get on one!†Hagee exclaimed. “It’s time for the majority to rule this nation!â€

If only it were that simple. I would be enjoying toaster marriage and bagged milk in Canada faster than you can say "eh?"

I remember my Walkman. It was bright yellow and about the size of a small book. I'd like to take it and shove it up his ass. If I put a Christmas tape in there first, he can spread Christmas cheer everytime he blows hot air. :P

I was wished Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays this year pretty interchangeably. Neither caused me to fall over dead and in fact, both made me happy. One year, during a Jewish friend's wedding (he got married right around Rosh Hashanah) I was wished happy new year. Didn't fall over dead then either. Others wishing you well is never a bad thing, but unfortunately, the people who most need to get this fact through their heads are the ones who have built up a great big brick wall of pseudo-persecution syndrome.

And Saturn-alia. Well, everyone knows Saturn is code for Jesus, amirite?

I'm a rabid atheist, and I wish people Merry Christmas. Especially this year, since Hanukkah was finished a month ago.

Walkman? WTF? I guess I'll shove it in my ears (like it would fit) right after I watch his "sermon" on my beta-max.

:?

It reminds me of those bumper stickers that were so popular during the '60s and '70s, America: Love it or Leave it. "Loving it" meant supporting the military, the war in Vietnam, saluting the flag, not criticizing the President, etc. etc. That used to be the conservative view but funny how that changed once the "moral majority" started vocalizing. Now criticizing the President and the government is SOP for the Far Right.

"Noël" "Navidad". I don't see Christ inside =D

It reminds me of those bumper stickers that were so popular during the '60s and '70s, America: Love it or Leave it. "Loving it" meant supporting the military, the war in Vietnam, saluting the flag, not criticizing the President, etc. etc. That used to be the conservative view but funny how that changed once the "moral majority" started vocalizing. Now criticizing the President and the government is SOP for the Far Right.

Some of us progressives used to say in response "America: Change it or Lose it". I think it's even more appropriate now.

Newsflash, Hagee. You are not the majority! If you wish for true majority rule you might get a few surprises...

I actually made my way through Sarah Palin's Christmas book* (and how I wish I hadn't bothered) and even that made more sense than this fool.

Also, even if people had walkmans in 2013, I don't think "stuffing [them] in your ears" is how you're supposed to use them. Mind you, if that's what he did with his in 1980-whatever, it could explain his brain damage now.

*Intriguingly enough, Palin's book contains a Moral Story involving a Walkman too. Is this a trend?

People getting up in arms about someone wishing them well is about the height of making a mountain out of a molehill (or out of a nothing at all). Way to dig and dig to find something to be offended by. I'm an atheist that celebrates Christmas (about family, loving winter, happy times of the year not the birth of Jesus etc). I don't care if someone wishes me a Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Easter, Christmas, Happy Friday, Humpday, whatever... it's just nice that someone else is wishing you well. As an atheist, someone wishing me a merry Christmas is not pushing their religion down my throat; just like me wishing someone a Happy Holidays is not shitting all over their Jesus. It's usually just me not being able to tell from looking at them if they are the Christmas celebrating type.

What I find hilarious about these people who are up in arms about the Duck Dynasty guy, or the " war" on Christmas, is that they seem to usually be the exact same people who are ranting about how there is too much government oversight and unfettered capitalism is sacred and on and on.

They don't seem to get that it's a private employer who can fire an employee for giving his views, or that clerks saying Happy Hiolidays over Merry Christmas is mostly about catching more customers to sell stuff to.

Because of asshole like this, it's almost impossible to say Merry Christmas without my worrying that people will think I am being an asshole. So I say Feliz Navidad instead!

I actually made my way through Sarah Palin's Christmas book* (and how I wish I hadn't bothered) and even that made more sense than this fool.

Also, even if people had walkmans in 2013, I don't think "stuffing [them] in your ears" is how you're supposed to use them. Mind you, if that's what he did with his in 1980-whatever, it could explain his brain damage now.

*Intriguingly enough, Palin's book contains a Moral Story involving a Walkman too. Is this a trend?

Wow, does this mean conservatives are now only thirty years behind the rest of the world? They're catching up! Any minute now Sarah Palin will put on a power suit and tell us we can have it all!

I still have my CD Walkman, as it happens. It's a godsend on long train journeys, and thanks to this thread I now have another use for it if I meet any arrogant pastors.

Because of asshole like this, it's almost impossible to say Merry Christmas without my worrying that people will think I am being an asshole. So I say Feliz Navidad instead!

Seriously. I am much more likely to say "Happy Holidays" rather than Merry Christmas the past couple of years. Because now I'm worried that it comes across as "Merry Freaking Christmas !! Do you hear me?!? You had better respond back with Merry Christmas or I'll go all psycho on your ass, do you hear me?!? :x "

........not what I'm going for.

Here in NZ, in the last census it has come out that for the first time there are more people who don't identify as Christian than those who do.

So we're no longer a Christian nation, yet NO ONE says Happy Holidays or whatever. Everyone says Merry Christmas. And no one makes a big deal out of it.

Archived