IGNORED

Duggar Moments That Should've Been Off Camera

ljohnson2006

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boob's horrible medical misinformation. He should stop talking about things that he knows nothing about.

That pretty much he means he can't talk about anything but how to impregnate his wife[FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

one would have to have had a least a mild case of the pox to get shingles.it may have went unnoticed or written off as something else.

my kids had the shot for it but got it later anyway,but it was mild,so it might've helped.

one would have to have had a least a mild case of the pox to get shingles.it may have went unnoticed or written off as something else.

my kids had the shot for it but got it later anyway,but it was mild,so it might've helped.

My older girls got chickenpox when they were in elementary school and their youngest sister was a baby. I think my youngest also had a very mild case of chickenpox even though she did not get sick. (She did, however, get a few spots.) Was it enough to protect her from getting chickenpox again? I hope so!

People who have received the vaccine for chicken pox can still get shingles, so maybe her brother was vaccinated?

Has anyone gotten the shingles vaccine? I had really bad chicken pox when I was relatively old for it (11), shingles can be brought on by stress, and I'm a huge nutcase in that department. So....I'm worried!

My brothers had shingles and it was bad, but neither of them had chickenpox.

You can't get the shingles unless the chickenpox virus is already in your system.

Are they twins perhaps? A friend of mine had a very mild case of the chickenpox during her first trimester and the baby was not only born blind in one eye, he came down with a serious case of the shingles when he was two.

People who have received the vaccine for chicken pox can still get shingles, so maybe her brother was vaccinated?

possibly so? I hadn't thought about that.

A few things mentioned here such as Creation Museum and Space Camp are the things I enjoy on the show. My definition of good is when:

(1) There is nothing harmful or embarrassing happening to the kids.

(2) We see Jim Bob making an idiot of himself and/or spouting his extreme beliefs.

The Creation Museum episode was when I realised just how far out these people are in their beliefs. The Space Camp episode was worthwhile for the conversation about whether or not girls can go to space between Hannie and a J-Boy. My highlight episode is still the UK/Israel trip where Jim Bob claimed King James translated the bible. It just shows his level of ignorance. Without those episodes we wouldn't be aware of just what the kids are growing up under and we would have nothing to snark on.

Has anyone gotten the shingles vaccine? I had really bad chicken pox when I was relatively old for it (11), shingles can be brought on by stress, and I'm a huge nutcase in that department. So....I'm worried!

my kids had the pox vaccine,but the last time I checked...and I haven't ck'ed lately...you had to be 50+ to get the shingles vac.I was wanting to get it but I wasn't old enough.I need to check into that,since it may have since changed.that was some time ago.

A few things mentioned here such as Creation Museum and Space Camp are the things I enjoy on the show. My definition of good is when:

(2) We see Jim Bob making an idiot of himself and/or spouting his extreme beliefs.

The Creation Museum episode was when I realised just how far out these people are in their beliefs. The Space Camp episode was worthwhile for the conversation about whether or not girls can go to space between Hannie and a J-Boy. My highlight episode is still the UK/Israel trip where Jim Bob claimed King James translated the bible. It just shows his level of ignorance. Without those episodes we wouldn't be aware of just what the kids are growing up under and we would have nothing to snark on.

and JB mocking the horsemen in the UK!even Michelle let him have it over that.she was totally embarrassed.

I had cp when I was 8, my youngest brother was still an infant, and also medically fragile and was hospitalized during my outbreak. He was not exposed as my mom stayed with him and I was sequestered away to avoid spreading it to him. They tried to get my middle brother, who was 2 at the time, to catch it, but he didn't. No spots, no nothing, because we couldn't be around the family again until we'd been cleared by the ped and he was checked over and over again and never had any symptoms or spots. I mean, they could have caught a mild case later or something, but when it was in our house, one was exposed and never had it, and one was not exposed and kept away because of it. They were also not vaccinated because my mom is a nut job who doesn't believe in them or some shit, so it had to have been a wild case.

So what is it about fundie-ism that makes them rebuke science even in the case of things like shingles? It's sinful to believe something medically proven?

King James I of England & VI of Scotland (translator of the Bible according to Dim Bulb, what a maroon :roll: ) was probably (according to most historical accounts) primarily gay (he had a wife, Anne of Denmark, for dynastic purposes only). :lol:

and JB mocking the horsemen in the UK!even Michelle let him have it over that.she was totally embarrassed.

Oh and trying to convert an atheist street performer in Scottland! Don't forget that!

Dimbulb is the perfect example of the saying the wise man knows he does not know the truth the fool knows the truth absolutely. He spews his ignorance every chance he gets and he is absolutely sure he is right.

I received the shingles vaccine (Zostavax) yesterday and have suffered no side effects other than a slightly sore feeling at the injection site. I definitely had chicken pox as a child and am a diabetic now so I'm hoping that I will be protected from shingles now and in the future. My friend had shingles and it's quite painful.

My cousin gave her brother chicken pox when he was a tiny baby. It almost killed him. He was too young to develop immunity, so he got it again.

Chicken pox as an adult, I've heard, can be muh more dangerous than getting I as a child.

I had it when I was 7, and want to get the shingles vaccine, but might be too young for it. That doesn't even make sense to me, because the chicken pox vaccine is not 50 years old... We still have 20 year olds running around who have had the pox.

I got the shingles vaccine a few years ago and was fine aside from a slightly sore arm. There's a history of repeated episodes of shingles in my family so hopefully this will prevent it.

So what is it about fundie-ism that makes them rebuke science even in the case of things like shingles? It's sinful to believe something medically proven?

This might be more about them having kids over a long stretch of time. The Chicken Pox vaccine would probably not have been in popular use til they got to their 6 th or 7 th kid, so they probably are just going with what they heard when The oldest kids were little.

I didn't even know that you could still get shingles if you had the chicken pox vaccine until I was looking up something else. I don't think it's very common knowledge, probably because shingles occurs mostly in older people and the chicken pox vaccine has mostly been used on people who are only now reaching adulthood.

Dimbulb is the perfect example of the saying the wise man knows he does not know the truth the fool knows the truth absolutely. He spews his ignorance every chance he gets and he is absolutely sure he is right.

If JB ever gets shingles because in all likelihood he had cp as a kid, he's not going to know what hit him. Shouldn't you go to the doc immediately when you get symptoms so you can hopefully head off the worst of it with medication, especially the skin discoloration associated with it?

My cousin gave her brother chicken pox when he was a tiny baby. It almost killed him. He was too young to develop immunity, so he got it again.

Chicken pox as an adult, I've heard, can be muh more dangerous than getting I as a child.

I had it when I was 7, and want to get the shingles vaccine, but might be too young for it. That doesn't even make sense to me, because the chicken pox vaccine is not 50 years old... We still have 20 year olds running around who have had the pox.

In the US, you can get a shingles vaccine if you are older than 50. The FDA has not approved general use of the vaccine for younger people because they are much less likely to get the shingles and because a benefit study hasn't been done. There isn't going to be a push to vaccinate healthy people under 50 if there isn't a good public health reason to do so. They also don't know how long the benefits of the vax will last. So a 40 year old getting the vaccine today may still get the shingles at age 70, the age he was far more likely to get it anyway.

I'm scared to death of the shingles myself. I was one of those unfortunates who did not contract chickenpox until I was 16 and nearly died from secondary pneumonia. I know how nasty that virus can be.

As for the chickenpox vaccination preventing shingles in later life, I couldn't get a straight answer out of my kids' doctor when I asked the question. So my guess is it's not yet clear how much protection it provides.

A colleague of mine got chicken pox for the first time in her 30s and wound up in intensive care from it.

Archived