IGNORED

Duggar Moments That Should've Been Off Camera

ljohnson2006

The kittens in the pitcher.

Mack being reprimanded for making Josie throw up.

Anna's chickenetti.

Michelle and JaBoob sucking face in front of their kids.

Michelle talking about her nipples.

Pass the brain bleach so I can forget that she ever talked about them. :pink-shock:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you all feel that this stuff shouldn't be seen on ANY tv show, because I've seen all of it long before the Duggars ever got a reality show. There's entire series dedicated to people giving birth. Including the toilet.......

Just sayin'....

I'm not bothered by the births on tv...I used to love A Baby Story. The adults are old enough to consent to having it filmed or not, so if Anna or Michelle want to show the world their birth, whatever. What baffles me though is the modesty, modesty, modesty, yet want their birth filmed on their show where they'll be half-naked if not completely naked and even on a toilet. Nothings modest about that, though I never saw Anna's birth of Michael, so can't say what it was like.

The children are what bothers me most, on any show. I can't stand them showing children blurred naked or in underwear or throwing fits or being sick. Give children privacy and stop embarrassing them. It's why I never liked the nanny shows that much or Jon and Kate or Toddlers and Tiaras. Yes, the children sometimes are brats and yes, they fight, and yes, they do get sick sometimes, but for fucks sake, who the hell wants a camera shoved in their face when they've had a bad day, have a tantrum when they are three, are whiny at age five, and especially when they feeling like total shit or worse, are throwing up. I wanted to yell at the camera people shoving the camera at Johannah and Joel when they were dry heaving. Give the damn kid space. Personally, I was almost hoping they'd have thrown up all over the camera person's equipment. Plus, I hate vomit, so don't want to see it or hear it and two, who wants to see a three-year-old sick? Poor babies.

Okay, done venting now.

The births weren't anything more than you see on a baby story or whatever, in fact probably less. I still don't understand why everybody references that as some horrible thing. It's where she felt comfortable in her own home delivering. She's not the first or the last. She wasn't even the first to be filmed. And it's not like they showed it, just showed her in the bathroom. There was no shot of the baby coming out of her vagina with the toilet in the background. It was less gross than water birth pics I've seen, where they're sitting in a vat full of bodily fluids.

I agree wit you about filming kids though. I have never agreed with it and can't stand it. I don't even like the idea of child stars (although I fully admit to loving Harry potter). They deserve to be kids.

I found this taste of JimBob's disdain and disrespect for his father very unappealing as well. To me, it wasn't just about JimBob exploiting any family member possible in order to make the show, there was also an element of humiliating his father publicly while pretending they were "honoring" him for his birthday. A very dark and disturbing insight into JimBob's mind and real attitude toward his own father.

My grandpa died of cancer. Before he died, he requested that the casket would be closed during the wake and funeral. He didn't want the last thing that people saw of him be his sickly face. If he wanted the casket to be closed because of this, I'm sure that he would definitely not want to be on a reality tv show during the time he was very sick. I'm mentioning this because I'm sure that Grandpa Duggar would not want to be on reality tv because of a similar reason. Also, my family would no way have pushed around my grandpa in an office chair. We would have made sure to have him in a proper wheelchair!

I wish JimBob would have given his father some respect. Even if he had hated him, he should have given his dad some respect and not have him wheeled out on reality tv in such a sickly state. Isn't there a Bible passage or two saying to be nice to the people you hate? Because I don't think showing your sickly father on tv without him knowing much about it counts as being nice.

My grandpa died of cancer. Before he died, he requested that the casket would be closed during the wake and funeral. He didn't want the last thing that people saw of him be his sickly face. If he wanted the casket to be closed because of this, I'm sure that he would definitely not want to be on a reality tv show during the time he was very sick. I'm mentioning this because I'm sure that Grandpa Duggar would not want to be on reality tv because of a similar reason. Also, my family would no way have pushed around my grandpa in an office chair. We would have made sure to have him in a proper wheelchair!

I wish JimBob would have given his father some respect. Even if he had hated him, he should have given his dad some respect and not have him wheeled out on reality tv in such a sickly state. Isn't there a Bible passage or two saying to be nice to the people you hate? Because I don't think showing your sickly father on tv without him knowing much about it counts as being nice.

Yes and it's about honoring your parents as well,the ppl who brought you into this world.which is biblical and JB should know.I think that inc. before and after death.

Jim Bob's never read any verses like that, too liberal for his taste. His faves probably included the word smite or begat.

There's even one about honoring your father and mother. It's one of Ten Commandments. There are two different wordings in Exodus and Deuteronomy with Deuteronomy being somewhat longer.

"Honor your father and mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord, your God is giving you." This verse says nothing about honoring your father only IF he was a good provider. For a bunch of Biblical literalists, they sure do play fast and loose with that one.

How about when they put the kittens in the pitcher? And the disappearance of Domino, and the other cat that they got to replace him?

Dangerous Medical misinformation. Jim Bob announcing in the chicken pox episode that, now that the children have all had the chicken pox, they

will never get shingles.

:angry-banghead:

OT, but just making sure - it's the opposite, right? Because I had chicken pox as a kid and a hellacious case of shingles when I was in my early twenties.

I wonder who their family physician is. If s/he is a fundie type and tells them this sort of thing, or if it's kool aid from headquarters. Does ATI/etc have a medical component?

OT, but just making sure - it's the opposite, right? Because I had chicken pox as a kid and a hellacious case of shingles when I was in my early twenties.

I wonder who their family physician is. If s/he is a fundie type and tells them this sort of thing, or if it's kool aid from headquarters. Does ATI/etc have a medical component?

Sadly yes. But you have to be a member to be able to read all the info. It involves helpful tips like relieving painful labor pains in a pregnant woman by making sure she doesn't have any evil toys in her house.

Yeah, the virus goes and hangs out in your nerves once you've gotten over the chickenpox, so you're never really rid of it but it's essentially stuck there. Then, if your immune system is compromised, by stress or overall immune weakness in older age for example, then the virus can escape the nerve cells and infect nearby skin cells and cause the blistering rash of shingles. I'm also pretty sure that a person with active shingles can infect someone and cause them to get chickenpox if they've never had it. I wouldn't blame Jim Bob for not knowing that they're caused by the same virus if he hasn't studied it, but spouting off about them like an authority is what gets me. (and TLC could have just done the floating text box of "despite common confusion, chickenpox and shingles are caused by the same virus!" and not continued the spread of false information. argh)

It was a common belief when I was growing up that chicken pox prevented shingles. Every mum made sure to take their kid to the sick child's house to get it young. I'm not surprised at Jim Bob not knowing the truth but I think TLC has a responsibility to put up some on-screen info correcting the misinformation.

Just for the record: I've had chicken pox twice, at 17 and again at 36. Chicken Pox at 17 was nothing but as an adult is the most miserable illness you can imagine. Two weeks of not being able to stand up or eat and only able to keep small amounts of water down. I hope I never have to experience that again!

I don't think the office chair was necessarily bad, if he doesn't need a wheelchair full time, an office chair might be more comfortable for just going room to room when he's weak.

One of the hard parts

about being severely ill or physically disabled, in my opinion, is that there is a fine line between wanting to be included in everything the family is doing, and also not being made to feel like you're different. So being pushed in an office chair, to me, might make sense. Being shut away like you don't matter anymore can be just as hurtful as being shown sickly and weak in an office chair.

I didn't see the episode, so don't have an opinion on whether this is something the dad seemed to want to do.

I hate that they show the kids in awkward or embarrassing moments, especially the shy ones and the older kids. To the little ones it's just normal life, but for someone like Jana, for example, who seems very introverted, it must have been horrible to suddenly have herself filmed as a teen.

The episode when they went to the creationist museum and the talking heads talking about evolution and creationism :cray-cray:

There are so many Duggar moments that I scratched my head while watching. So many things that they chose to show on national television should've been kept private. I'll start the list...

3. The moments of the kids sick and vomiting. No one wants to see that.

Once again, you rag on the Duggar family for something, yet think Kate Gosselin can do no wrong. What about all the Gosselin kids private moments where they were sick and throwing up? How about when they were NAKED on potty chairs? Worse yet how about the potty training outside in a freaking drive way?

Why do you think it's wrong for the Duggar's to film their kids when they are sick and vomiting, but Kate is a great mother?

(sorry for the minor thread drift/hijack, I just can't stand this double standard/blind spot where it comes to Kate Gosselin.)

Once again, you rag on the Duggar family for something, yet think Kate Gosselin can do no wrong. What about all the Gosselin kids private moments where they were sick and throwing up? How about when they were NAKED on potty chairs? Worse yet how about the potty training outside in a freaking drive way?

Why do you think it's wrong for the Duggar's to film their kids when they are sick and vomiting, but Kate is a great mother?

(sorry for the minor thread drift/hijack, I just can't stand this double standard/blind spot where it comes to Kate Gosselin.)

Or when they were out shopping for beds and Jon did who-knows-what with a plastic bag and his hand and "helped" one of the boys who was experiencing constipation *shudders*

Newflash for Jim Bob: Only people who have had chicken pox will get shingles. I've had them twice and they are not pleasant. I've often said I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy but maybe the Boob needs to experience this firsthand so he can have a better understanding of its relationship to chicken pox.

All of this is why I practically never watch "reality" or competition shows. Things are so carefully edited and/or distorted--or fabricated. People's dignity is sacrificed for "entertainment" value. We rarely get the straight dope.

For instance, the space camp episode. Does anyone think that the Duggars would ever in a million years have gone there if it hadn't been for the show?

TLC has worked very hard to make this family look borderline mainstream, when in fact it's anything but.

Newflash for Jim Bob: Only people who have had chicken pox will get shingles. I've had them twice and they are not pleasant. I've often said I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy but maybe the Boob needs to experience this firsthand so he can have a better understanding of its relationship to chicken pox.

A colleague of mine got a very bad case of shingles--so bad that she was put on strong pain meds and got hooked. When she came back to work, it was obvious that she was suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

I know two people whose shingles attacked their eye area. Terrifying.

The green breakfast on St. Patrick's Day was pretty gross, and the kids seemed to think so too. Then there was some comment about it coming out green in the bathroom...

Archived