IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell is courting

love2scrap

I was reminded of the time the fundie came here and expected pats on the back for smiling at someone who might have been gay. :lol: That is how warped these sheltered fundies' world view is. They expect praise for being a decent human and not being a bully.

It does usually take a long time to recover from the misinformation, bigotry and hate that has been taught since childhood, but lots of us here have done it. Having conversations with people who don't believe like you do and having to defend your beliefs is a great first step in overcoming religious brainwashing.

Agreed. Although I'd have higher hopes of his potential for overcoming his brainwashing if he were trying to defend his beliefs. He seems a bit reluctant to do that, one hopes because he is already questioning them.

Anyway, even reading here at this satanic site will give him things to think about.

• 5 years later...
On 12/24/2013 at 2:50 PM, thoughtful said:

He could just be someone who is straight and has no desire to get married. But that's not a choice in their world, either.

Considering the 7-8 times he’s attempted marriage.....?

On 12/29/2013 at 10:08 AM, Joan of Snarc said:

Has anybody read his book, "Glory, Duty, & Gold Dome?â€

From the amazon description (I'm guessing this synopsis was written by the author since it's predictably poorly written):

On a scale of 1 to awful, just how awful is this book?

Awful. 

On 2/18/2014 at 11:18 PM, WonderingInWA said:

Makes it seem like he dumped her. What a pompous ass. She's a good catch.

Other way around......

On 3/3/2014 at 8:48 PM, teachergirl said:

so if something happened to Mercy his sister, would he still want three witnesses? How awful to think that your brother would think so low of you? I wonder what they deal is with her? Don't know much about the other siblings.

Yes, he would. He has stood up in numerous situations and said if a woman or girl is raped or molested or assaulted it is either her dress or manner or actions that invited it. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/3/2014 at 8:48 PM, teachergirl said:

so if something happened to Mercy his sister, would he still want three witnesses? How awful to think that your brother would think so low of you? I wonder what they deal is with her? Don't know much about the other siblings.

Yes he would.