IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell is courting

love2scrap

Seems to be over. Both took their profile pic down on FB and Rachel's "In a relationship with..." has gone.

It appears that they broke up on Valentines Day. Maybe he mixed up the cards on the flowers he sent, and she got the boyfriend's flowers and card.

It appears that they broke up on Valentines Day. Maybe he mixed up the cards on the flowers he sent, and she got the boyfriend's flowers and card.

Yes, she was shocked to get a card that read (in coded language), "Fedora, bosom manly but sturdy looms as the crow flies. Anaconda search cancelled. Parting is such sour methodology. Love, Persy."

That's a very public break up on facebook.

What's with calling it a "sucessful courtship" if it doesn't result in marriage? Sounds like a bunch of double talk to me.

Maybe one of the Botkin girls decided to finally give him a chance?????

A commenter under Rachel's break-up post: "I had two 'successful' courtships before marrying Marc." Um, that is DATING whether you call it something else or not.

And I can just imagine what Nathaniel is telling people. "Unfortunately, we had an insurmountable disagreement on postmillenialism" or something like that.

Yes, I was thinking.. "I courted 4 guys over 2 years before I met and courted and married so and so" sounds like I dated for a couple of years before I found Mr. Right.

tangy bee said: How gay is he...I mean is it obvious like David Waller?

LOL. We need a scale, like 1 is a little gay (maybe someone like Michael Sam) to 10, flaming David Waller.

There are some hilarious photos on the publicly viewable "Jimmy Valiant: Scions of Danger" facebook page that might answer some questions for you re: gayness scale.

• I Agree 1

There are some hilarious photos on the publicly viewable "Jimmy Valiant: Scions of Danger" facebook page that might answer some questions for you re: gayness scale.

I can't imagine what you mean.

facebook.com/JimmyValiantTheMovie/photos/pb.161610280523622.-2207520000.1393123544./192633330754650/?type=3&theater

Wow he can't even get that close to a woman while courting. So it's ok to be that close to a man in pictures :think: I feel bad for this dude. What a harsh reality he must be dealing with.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! Soooo funny! I love the photo of Darnell with the car. That literally just made me spit my cocktail! LOL.

I'll say it again: Rachel, you dodged a bullet there, girlfriend!

Any sympathy I might have had for Darnell is gone due to his defense of requirements that would make prosecuting victims of child abuse impossible. There really was something creepy about the way that he insisted that there be two or three witnesses to sexual abuse before anything can be done.

My hope is that the young woman's family noticed something off about Darnell and discouraged the relationship.

• Upvote 1

Any sympathy I might have had for Darnell is gone due to his defense of requirements that would make prosecuting victims of child abuse impossible. There really was something creepy about the way that he insisted that there be two or three witnesses to sexual abuse before anything can be done.

My hope is that the young woman's family noticed something off about Darnell and discouraged the relationship.

That's my hope, too. That maybe her father was watching Darnell from afar and came across some of his FB postings. There's no way his involvement with VF couldn't have been known, too, if Daddy had done his homework, even though it was years ago. I feel sorry for Rachel, though, since it felt like to me (based on what she said on her FB post) the breaking of the courtship wasn't her choice.

That's my hope, too. That maybe her father was watching Darnell from afar and came across some of his FB postings. There's no way his involvement with VF couldn't have been known, too, if Daddy had done his homework, even though it was years ago. I feel sorry for Rachel, though, since it felt like to me (based on what she said on her FB post) the breaking of the courtship wasn't her choice.

I'm convinced that Nathaniel entered this courtship always having the intention of breaking it off. Now he can do the ol' "So-and-So broke his heart years ago and he could just never get over it..." routine.

I'm convinced that Nathaniel entered this courtship always having the intention of breaking it off. Now he can do the ol' "So-and-So broke his heart years ago and he could just never get over it..." routine.

Interesting, and probably. There is no way that guy is ever getting married unless it's to Sarah Maxwell, the ice princess, and they will claim infertility so they don't actually ever have to get naked together.

ETA: I wonder how our boy Darnell would do living in Maxhell? He'd obviously have to stop reading the news, or at least commenting about it publicly.

He's to arrogant and opinionated to be a Maxwell. God only speaks to Steve and there's no room for any other leader.

That's a bigger problem than his Calvinism, or his interest in worldly things like film making.

ND is NOT "Gay." More likely that's a rumor spread about him by people wanting him to not have success.

I just realized that CND is back but avoiding this thread. :lol: Maybe the wedding fell apart because she realized that he didn't know what a "bosom" was or that pregnant women don't feel any tiny kicks there.

I just realized that CND is back but avoiding this thread. :lol: Maybe the wedding fell apart because she realized that he didn't know what a "bosom" was or that pregnant women don't feel any tiny kicks there.

Nah, I just realized that I wasn't really interested in defending him. He was really, really wrong on that thread on Jordan's FB page and I can't stand it. I heard he did something on his last day at BCA that made me think he was made of sterner stuff, but I was wrong.

Nah, I just realized that I wasn't really interested in defending him. He was really, really wrong on that thread on Jordan's FB page and I can't stand it. I heard he did something on his last day at BCA that made me think he was made of sterner stuff, but I was wrong.

It's okay. But seriously, his writing skills are awful. I hope somebody sits down and explains female anatomy to him before he gets married.

It's okay. But seriously, his writing skills are awful. I hope somebody sits down and explains female anatomy to him before he gets married.

He's never getting married. That's the whole point.

Being gay isn't something that is negative. What upsets some people and earns mockery is the fact that fundamentalists who are gay are forced to either hide their sexuality or deny it to themselves. They are often the ones that are most likely to persecute people who are gay or lesbian. It is an example of how denying who you are can end up hurting other people

Being gay isn't a negative quality. What upsets some people and earns mockery is the fact that fundamentalists who are gay are forced to either hide their sexuality or deny it to themselves.

Exactly. Being gay isn't a negative quality. People are born that way. But they are condemed in the fundie culture and are not allowed to marry, even if the state they live in allows it. That's all I was trying to say. And I didn't say it very well.

Nathaniel is still on his rape tangent over at Reconstructionist Theonomists:

"If a young lady genuinely believes she has been raped…"

Nathaniel, you do understand that not all women who are raped are "young ladies," don't you? Elderly women get raped all the time, because rape is about power, not sex.

"If she cannot prove that she was raped, then she should beware the consequences of Deuteronomy 19:16-21, which hold her accountable to the same penalty as the one she accuses, if she is proven wrong. If she really has been raped, then it is far easier today to satisfy the requirement of two or three witnesses to her abuse than it was 4,000 years ago because of scientific breakthroughs in areas such as DNA testing. Thus, she should be able to find the requisite collaboration necessary for her justice."

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/581745965244096/?stream_ref=2

Nathaniel is still on his rape tangent over at Reconstructionist Theonomists:

"If a young lady genuinely believes she has been raped…"

Nathaniel, you do understand that not all women who are raped are "young ladies," don't you? Elderly women get raped all the time, because rape is about power, not sex.

"If she cannot prove that she was raped, then she should beware the consequences of Deuteronomy 19:16-21, which hold her accountable to the same penalty as the one she accuses, if she is proven wrong. If she really has been raped, then it is far easier today to satisfy the requirement of two or three witnesses to her abuse than it was 4,000 years ago because of scientific breakthroughs in areas such as DNA testing. Thus, she should be able to find the requisite collaboration necessary for her justice."

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/581745965244096/?stream_ref=2

And what I'd like to see is him spin this when men are raped. Still require 3 witnesses?