IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell is courting

love2scrap

It would fit with the unfortunate and growing belief that any true believer Christian Man and Any true believer Christian woman can be married successfully, since the roles are defined in the bible and all they have to do is follow the rules.

That awful philosophy is still around and being told to people?

That awful philosophy is still around and being told to people?

I was told this by a non-fundie but very religious Orthodox Christian. Of course she is the expert since she married a guy who was her bff for 5 years before they even started dating. :roll:

Maybe they have some kinda fundie version of match.com ? I figure, since the Botkin girls rejected him, he just figured he'd

pick a girl, any girl.

Ya'll I didn't have a spoiler. I think the cat walked on the keyboard as I was posting this and somehow made the little

spoiler thing appear.

• 1 month later...

Me three!

Yep. Even in a "first kiss at the altar," Dominionist courtship, most women can sense if there's an absolute lack of any passion or longing. Kelly Brown knew that Peter Bradrick was dying to get into her pants-- oh, excuse me, skirt. We joke about Sippy's "gay wedding photo" with Justin Turley, but he was obviously another one who was champing at the bit. Child groom David Brown moved heaven and earth so that he could have heterosexual sex as soon as it was legally possible, and fellow teen Taylor Tsantles practically ran down the aisle in sweaty anticipation.

The contrast is glaring.

I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that a courtship between two people who looked like they were barely tolerating each other in their photo together didn't work out. :roll:

Awwww....I was hoping for wedding belles for these two crazy kids. Surely there's some desperate woman out there who would be willing to overlook his obvious lack of heterosexuality....

• Haha 1

Awwww....I was hoping for wedding belles for these two crazy kids. Surely there's some desperate woman out there who would be willing to overlook his obvious lack of heterosexuality....

Sarah Maxwell? I doubt she has any idea what "gay" means.

(I'm kidding. After all those years in the Maxwell gulag, Sarah deserves real love and happiness.)

Sarah Maxwell? I doubt she has any idea what "gay" means.

(I'm kidding. After all those years in the Maxwell gulag, Sarah deserves real love and happiness.)

But, if Sarah is indeed fearing intimacy (as many of us have discussed here), Darnell would be perfect for her! They could pretend she missed her fertility by marrying late, she's got a guy on her arm to take her places (since she can't go anywhere by herself), it would work like a dream!

Pssst...Stevie...give it some thought! It might save your "ministry" some shame if Sarah were to hitch up. Just sayin'...

Someone really needs to start a "failed courtship count" thread (if there isn't one already), documenting all of the failed fundie courtships. I think it would be good "background reading" for those of us new to fundies on the internet.

From Nathaniel's public Facebook page - comments in response to his plea for donation$ to save the "Jonathan Park" radio series, formerly a VF product:

Anna Gruhn: I hope they will be editing Doug Phillips out of the broadcasts.

Nathaniel Darnell: Yes, Anna Gruhn, although he himself was not featured very prominently in the series anyway. Many of the VF staff did cameos and bit parts for background characters and such, but the series has always been primarily the vision and life-work of Pat and Sandy Roy.

Ethan Ledden: Anna Gruhn I find that comment in very ill taste. Let her without sin cast the first stone.

Nathaniel Darnell: This post is about Jonathan Park, not Doug Phillips. He has nothing to do with Jonathan Park anymore. Let's see what we can do to be constructive about Jonathan Park and the creation message.

Fundies getting handslappy!! :naughty:

• Haha 1

From Nathaniel's public Facebook page - comments in response to his plea for donation$ to save the "Jonathan Park" radio series, formerly a VF product:

Fundies getting handslappy!! :naughty:

Well, remember, he's still reeling from the demise of his courtship. He knows we're watching him and are dying to hear Rachel's side of the story. She probably had to sign a contract of silence. He is an attorney, you know.

Who is this Nathaniel dude? I assume he is a popular fundie since there is a thread about him. He isn't bad looking. Did someone mention he is an attorney? Is he a "real" attorney or only just in the fundie world. How old is he and there youtube clip of him anywhere? How gay is he...I mean is it obvious like David Waller?

She updated her Facebook yesterday with an "end of relationship" event.

Makes it seem like he dumped her. What a pompous ass. She's a good catch.

Makes it seem like he dumped her. What a pompous ass. She's a good catch.

Mmm, I was thinking roughly the same thing. She seems like a sweet girl who is all primed to be the "right" kind of wife in these circles. And he ain't gettin' any younger.

In response to her "end of the relationship" post there are several comments from fellow fundies who speak of going through failed courtships (note the plural) before finding "the one."

I think she dodged a big bullet here, just like Elizabeth Munck.

• Love 1

In response to her "end of the relationship" post there are several comments from fellow fundies who speak of going through failed courtships (note the plural) before finding "the one."

I think she dodged a big bullet here, just like Elizabeth Munck.

No, no......successful courtships

Her FB page is open to the public. I want so badly to post some kernal of wisdom about our buddy Darnell. But she's young and naive and would be astounded to know a bunch of people online have been discussing her courtship with an ex-VF sycophant who has an online law degree and is likely gay. Now THAT'S proof of God's will in ending this courtship!

You dodged a bullet, Rachel!

Pris is already taken.

A commenter under Rachel's break-up post: "I had two 'successful' courtships before marrying Marc." Um, that is DATING whether you call it something else or not.

And I can just imagine what Nathaniel is telling people. "Unfortunately, we had an insurmountable disagreement on postmillenialism" or something like that.

• Haha 1

A commenter under Rachel's break-up post: "I had two 'successful' courtships before marrying Marc." Um, that is DATING whether you call it something else or not.

And I can just imagine what Nathaniel is telling people. "Unfortunately, we had an insurmountable disagreement on postmillenialism" or something like that.

I'd LOVE to know what Darnell is telling people. She was too young for him -- that would be something safe.