IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell is courting

love2scrap

But it's so much fun to outsmart the fundies, and not really all that difficult..... :lol:

I think the Moneysaving Mom is a friend of Nattie Darnell. Wonder if she'll attend.

I never thought he'd marry.

The guest list could be interesting. He's buddies with Bradrick!, of course, and the Loomi, too. One thing is for sure -- it won't be Dougie officiating this royal wedding! Maybe Pa Serven and/or Scottie Brown?

The Loomi!!!!! We haven't heard from them in ages!!!!! There will be photographs.... maybe even a Botkin or two....thanks Nattie D for a great Christmas present of fundie anticipation.

He writes for the examiner out of Atlanta sometimes, apparently, and here's his bio:

Nathaniel Darnell, J.D., legislative aide at the Georgia State Capitol, is something of a modern "Renaissance man." Having produced over a hundred commercial videos for family-oriented publishing companies and directed AV for the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival and Academy for six years, he is a film artisan, businessman, and film history buff. As an award-winning graphics designer, he has recently taken his skills into designing apps for the Apple iPad and iPhone.

I noticed his online journalism effort is called Perservo! which made me think of Bradrick!

what is it with these interns and their love of the exclamation mark.

No, but our resident troll sure does!

Oh, gotcha! The good thing is, I don't have the finances to send them a gift so that will be one less thank you note for the bride to write. I always enjoy perusing the fundie registries, though.

He writes for the examiner out of Atlanta sometimes, apparently, and here's his bio:

Nathaniel Darnell, J.D., legislative aide at the Georgia State Capitol, is something of a modern "Renaissance man." Having produced over a hundred commercial videos for family-oriented publishing companies and directed AV for the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival and Academy for six years, he is a film artisan, businessman, and film history buff. As an award-winning graphics designer, he has recently taken his skills into designing apps for the Apple iPad and iPhone.

Translation: Nathaniel Darnell has a law degree from an unaccredited law school. As a result he he is ineligible for licensure in any state except for California. Since he cannot work as an attorney, Darnell makes Christian videos and is trying his hand at designing iPhone/iPad apps.

One has to wonder how he ended up meeting his girlfriend.

Google his name and hers, both in quotes - it looks like she's been commenting on his blog for a few years now.

As to his age - according to his linkedin page he graduated home school in 1999 so he should be 32 or so.

She is beyond generic. Sorta pretty in a bland kind of way; all of her FB "likes" are the usual fundie crap. :sleeping-boring: Plus, they look about as comfortable with each other as people who just met and don't particularly like each other would.

Of course, there's that other weird looking intern in the photograph at Brackrick!s wedding. The one that has pointy ears. He can't be married yet.

Geoff needs to get going if he's going to ever marry off Anna Sophia and Elizabeth.

perseveronews.com/author/admin/page/69/

perseveronews.com/afterglow-2/

perseveronews.com/the-wedding-of-tim-lauren/

(This last links to a post about another VF intern's wedding.)

Thanks! Off to read...

Of course, there's that other weird looking intern in the photograph at Brackrick!s wedding. The one that has pointy ears. He can't be married yet.

Geoff needs to get going if he's going to ever marry off Anna Sophia and Elizabeth.

That's Caleb Hayden, another original intern from Dougie's First Brigade. He is married and has an infant daughter with the same ears, or so it would appear on his public FB page.

ETA: In fact, Christopher Maxwell did Caleb's wedding photography. Small, small is the fundie world, eh?

That's Caleb Hayden, another original intern from Dougie's First Brigade. He is married and has an infant daughter with the same ears, or so it would appear on his public FB page.

ETA: In fact, Christopher Maxwell did Caleb's wedding photography. Small, small is the fundie world, eh?

Caleb and Nattie D should have had a double wedding to the Botkins....what is geoffrey thinking??????

Has anybody read his book, "Glory, Duty, & Gold Dome?â€

From the amazon description (I'm guessing this synopsis was written by the author since it's predictably poorly written):

When adversity strikes, boys must act like men. This story traces one boy s journey as he stands beside his father to defend the life of a helpless young woman. Fourteen-year-old Thomas witnesses his father, John Richards, put his congressional race at risk to do the right thing. This high-octane adventure story digs deep, exploring important lessons related to law, civics, medical ethics, and discipleship.

When a desperate young woman with a secret falls into a coma after a car accident, Georgia State Representative John Richards puts his congressional race at risk as he and his homeschooled, fourteen-year-old son Thomas try to save not only her life but also the life of an unborn baby growing inside her womb. But will efforts to save them destroy Rep. Richards political campaign? Soon they find themselves embroiled in a unique legal conflict of ''low-quality of life'' double jeopardy: a unborn baby facing abortion inside a comatose mother facing euthanasia. As a legislative aide to his father, Thomas helps his dad navigate the legal and political challenges so that the life of this coma-stricken woman does not end as Terri Schiavo s did. But he soon discovers more intrigue and danger surrounding this case than he bargained for.

Throughout the story, thorough description is given to the legislative process and parliamentary procedure on a state level so that this adventure story may serve as a helpful supplement to a family s civics study. Includes a chart on how a bill becomes law.

Glory, Duty & the Gold Dome is book one in The Sires & Sons Adventure Series. Imagine stories where fathers eagerly disciple their sons while working together in exciting, culture- impacting missions to advance the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ. Along the way, they learn lessons of leadership. Welcome to the Sires & Sons Adventure Series.

Due to mature medical ethics-related issues, this book is recommended for ages 14 and up.

On a scale of 1 to awful, just how awful is this book?

Here's a free sample. Hurry before it gets scrubbed (VF merchandise).

media.visionforum.com/products/images/extra/37522/GoldDome-sampler.pdf

The woman gets in the accident after getting fired from Kroger's for coming in late too many times -- her dark-goateed boss, Marvin, has no pity on her. It's implied that she got pregnant on the only date she had with a man.

If only she had stayed home and served her father until someone came a-courtin', tragedy could have been avoided! :roll:

More:

Directly in front of me was a tall painting, elegantly framed, of General Robert E. Lee. To the right of the painting were Burt and Fred, the two old shoe shiners.

“Hi there, Master Richards!†Fred called out with a wave of his

chestnut-brown hand. Frank grinned, revealing a gold tooth that

stood out against his face like torchlight in a dark cave.

I waved back. “Hi, Fred! Hi, Burt!â€

Burt grunted behind his grey mustache while continuing to

rub a senator’s black cherry Alan Edmonds. Smudges of cherry

polish blended into the course, curly hair of Burt’s thick arms.

Burt and Fred were just two of the characters in the state

capitol who had become permanent fixtures, having been there

for decades.

And clearly, poor put-upon Christian dad has enemies:

Just as I turned the corner around the media box

to the right aisle, I heard someone whisper, “The last thing Georgia needs is Richards in Congress.â€

I stopped suddenly and pressed my body against the wall of

the media box. I recognized that voice. It was Senator David Irish,

Papa’s opponent in the congressional race.

“No worries,†another voice whispered back. “At the committee meeting today, we’re going to expose him for the snake he is.â€

I tried to add this to the previous post, but am getting a "can no longer edit that" message.

I had never heard of the brand of shoes mentioned in that little racist scene, but clearly that detail was important to Nathaniel, so I looked it up. He misspelled it! :lol:

allenedmonds.com/

Let's play count the stereotypes!

her dark-goateed boss, Marvin

A Jewish bohemian, probably a Marxist.

"Hi there, Master Richards!" Fred called out with a wave of his

chestnut-brown hand.

A happy, happy Negro who knows his place and calls white people "Master."

It was Senator David Irish, Papa's opponent in the congressional race.

A liberal, Roman Catholic heathen who loves to kill babies. His name is so subtle, no? Darnell might as well have called him "Freddy Kennelly."

Here's a free sample. Hurry before it gets scrubbed (VF merchandise).

media.visionforum.com/products/images/extra/37522/GoldDome-sampler.pdf

The woman gets in the accident after getting fired from Kroger's for coming in late too many times -- her dark-goateed boss, Marvin, has no pity on her. It's implied that she got pregnant on the only date she had with a man.

If only she had stayed home and served her father until someone came a-courtin', tragedy could have been avoided! :roll:

More:

And clearly, poor put-upon Christian dad has enemies:

Oh good god, the clichés hurt.