IGNORED

FOTF Man on leash image

This was on the Focus on the Family Facebook page, to illustrate a November 25 article:

iY4c8bT.jpg

Pic on the site, with comments:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151819084698520&set=a.380277663519.157071.51405613519&type=1&theater

Here's the article, which has another, less-offensive but still pretty obnoxious picture at the top:

thrivingfamily.com/Family/Life/For%20Her/2013/control-in-marriage.aspx

The gist seems to be that the writer wasn't letting her husband take his ordained-by-God leadership role because she was too bossy. Same old same old -- Always the Woman's Fault[tm][/tm].

edited to fix punctuation

I wonder what message they think they are sending sometimes. The men they describe that are so manly and alpha and whatnot, yet can't manage to have a civil discussion with a woman, control their own impulses or take responsibility (everything is the woman's fault) don't seem to me like they would make a very good leader (head of the household).

I wouldn't trust someone to lead me that couldn't control their own impulses in public. If your man is so uncontrolled that he will accost any woman that isn't dressed to his definition of modesty, that is someone that needs therapy, not to be "in charge" of a household.

The men they describe are the LAST people I would want to be around, let alone in a relationship with.

This was on the Focus on the Family Facebook page, to illustrate a November 25 article:

iY4c8bT.jpg

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151819084698520&set=a.380277663519.157071.51405613519&type=1&theater

Here's the article, which has another, less-offensive but still pretty obnoxious picture at the top:

The gist seems to be that the writer wasn't letting her husband take his ordained-by-God leadership role because she was too bossy. Same old same old -- Always the Woman's Fault[tm][/tm].

So, if the husband leads does he have his wife on a proverbial leash? Why do any of these people marry? They make marriage sound positively horrendous. Of course, the couple could walk together, side by side, in marriage.

She's doing it all wrong. A properly trained husband/dog, should be walking behind her! She needs to work on it!

I thought that, too -- and he should do it off-leash, as well. Gotta work on that "heel" cue, lady. :lol:

I don't understand how they think that women can't manage working outside the home or anything that doesn't involve popping out 19 children, but as soon as we get a leash in our "delicate lady hands" we basically emasculate a super-tough man instantly. Seriously, how can my weak hands cause quite so much damage if they're as weak as FOTF is making them sound?

So, if the husband leads does he have his wife on a proverbial leash? Why do any of these people marry? They make marriage sound positively horrendous. Of course, the couple could walk together, side by side, in marriage.

They're violating leash laws and I dont see tags on that dog (or the husband). What if the poor pup was lost?m :naughty:

Maybe it's microchipped?

Eh, the dog won't run away -- I think the artist's intent was to show the dog sticking close by the husband, to stay safe from the Awful Controlling Woman.[tm][/tm]

She's doing it all wrong. A properly trained husband/dog, should be walking behind her! She needs to work on it!

While he's not heeling, which would be ideal, he is walking on a loose leash. So at least she doesn't need to get a gentle leader to work on his pulling issues ;)

The dog, on the other hand, seems to be heeling with the husband just fine and off lead no less. Clearly, she's a good trainer. The husband, just must not be trustworthy off leash yet.

What I find funniest about articles like these is that anyone living in reality would see they are blatantly untrue. My husband and I have an egalitarian marriage and we're both very happy. All the people I know in egalitarian marriages are pretty happy. The few non-egalitarian marriages I've been exposed to have ended in divorce. Every last one of them. So, I'm sorry, but FOTF is full of shit.

iY4c8bT.jpg

What the hell did I just read?

While he's not heeling, which would be ideal, he is walking on a loose leash. So at least she doesn't need to get a gentle leader to work on his pulling issues ;)

The dog, on the other hand, seems to be heeling with the husband just fine and off lead no less. Clearly, she's a good trainer. The husband, just must not be trustworthy off leash yet.

You two are responsible for a large mouthful of tea exiting via my nose!

Archived