IGNORED

Lame Article on FOTF

So, this morning I stumbled upon the Focus on the Family website (don't even remember why) and found an article which has probably been discussed here, but it makes me FURIOUS. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

focusonthefamily.com/marriage/sex_and_intimacy/understanding-your-husbands-sexual-needs.aspx

Because:

-men are horndogs. Always. All the time. There's nothing you can do except for

-spreading your legs, because that is your only job as a wife and

-if you want to be a good wife, you do (above) quite often because otherwise

-your husband will cry, and leave you (not stated like this but that's the underlying message) and

-without that article, no woman would ever have a clue about this stunning fact, because women=no desire

It's not like the article is completely wrong. I know a lot of men who are way too focused on sex. However, and that is the point, I also know just as many who like sex, but who don't center their entire existence around it. They also have a life apart from their love life.

What disturbs me even more is that the article is like : Men want sex, nonstop. Women don't, but it's their job to cater to men's needs.

There is NO mention of female desire, female arousal, female pleasure and female satisfaction. And it's not only this article. It's all articles of groups like FOTF! There's no room for mutual pleasure. There's only ever mentioning of a man's desire to get off, and a woman's desire to cuddle. WTF?

It comes across as if all men just want an upgrade from maturbation (which would be masturbating into a woman, technically)/or if they aren't allowed to masturbate then a chance to finally 'get some', and women trade that service for physical affection. What all those fundies and FOTF and whoever claim is not only ridiculous, sexist and stupid it is also an insult to men who've grown past the "forever a teenage boy" stage and who primarily desire a bond of affection and mutual pleasure in a romantic relationship.

So, rant over. Thoughts? Agreement? Disagreement?

Unfortunately the men are horndogs image is reinforced at every level of American life. You can't listen to any radio station that features sports without at least one commercial for male enhancements.

Archived