IGNORED

Women value relationships, not truth -- Bayly Babble

Hisey

Yup, that's the church they attend. Looks like they now have another baby to spank into good behavior:

nonniesnotes.blogspot.com/2011/08/hello-dear-laurel-catherine.html

Poor kid.

Edited to break link -oops

We all know the terrible sin of women leading or teaching in church. Now we know why, thanks the mysogynists brothers, the Baylys.

"Women (quite naturally) and effeminate men (quite unnaturally) take delight in relationships more than truth."

I'm not sure which is more offensive regarding prefering relationships to truth ~ that its natural for women, or unnatural (and therefore effeminate) for men. The resistence among hard core fundies to just let people be themselves and like what they like is horrible.

I agree that truth is a necessary part of a healthy relationship. But since we're dealing with fundie-speak here, what kind of "truth" is he talking about? The kind that says "you're falling short of my God's expectations and that makes you an unworthy creature. Oh, I know that hurts your feelings, but truth is more important to me than our relationship." Speaking purely from my own experience, the kind of truth we're being presented with here, is just a license to be a jerk.

That's so different to me, though. Lying to someone to surprise them with a gift or something you know they'll like -- i.e. lying to someone when you KNOW they won't mind the lie nor be hurt by the reveal -- is really not in the same category as the other types of lying. Real lying is, at base, inherently selfish.

And I say that even as a silly little woman who still puts great stock in the truth and its telling!

That's why I was pointing it out. Just trying to point out that "truth" and "lie" are variable in what they mean. "A lie is a lie" is a lie.

Wouldn't it be sweet if hell was just a giant surprise party thrown by God?

I'm bringing the cheese dip. :lol:

Archived