IGNORED

Michigan Passes "Rape Insurance" Bill

happy atheist

Supporters of the "Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act" argue that it allows people who are opposed to abortion to avoid paying into a plan that covers it. Opponents have nicknamed it the "rape insurance" initiative, because it would force some women to anticipate the possibility of being raped by purchasing the extra abortion insurance ahead of time.

Anticipate the possibility of being raped? Are you fucking kidding me? No woman can anticipate being raped!

FUCK YOU...YOU MISOGYNISTIC, SEXIST ASSHOLES.!!!!] :angry-screaming:

Would it be possible for this law to be stopped (or at least delayed) by a lawsuit? I'm not sure of any precedent, but I could see it being challenged on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment.

Here is what I don't understand about all these laws and places like hobby lobby regarding abortion/birth control involving insurance.

How is it my employers business? Are they going to next decide I can't use the money they pay me my salary with for an abortion or contraception? Do they not realize that is what is going to happen if it's not covered by insurance so they are STILL paying for it?

Still how do they KNOW and what business of theirs is it what I do with the money I have earned by working? I do not know what they do with their money, nor should I (and I don't care either).

Obviously, I'm missing something here because I really don't even understand their argument/position :(

Don't women already sort of 'anticipate' rape by living by a 'rape schedule'? Basically, because I fear for my personal safety, I don't frequently go outside after dark alone, I have spent hours in self-defense classes, and while out with friends, part of my focus is on being vigilant of others' behavior. I mean, behavior doesn't excuse rape in any way, of course, but isn't spending a decent chunk of time trying to minimize my risk of being raped enough?

Here is what I don't understand about all these laws and places like hobby lobby regarding abortion/birth control involving insurance.

How is it my employers business? Are they going to next decide I can't use the money they pay me my salary with for an abortion or contraception? Do they not realize that is what is going to happen if it's not covered by insurance so they are STILL paying for it?

Still how do they KNOW and what business of theirs is it what I do with the money I have earned by working? I do not know what they do with their money, nor should I (and I don't care either).

Obviously, I'm missing something here because I really don't even understand their argument/position :(

You're no missing anything. Fundies aren't known for their critical thinking skills.

Archived